Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

The Shirtless FBI Agent From the Petraeus Story

Post by MediumTex »

What a great photo.

It's by far my favorite part so far in this dumb story about what happens when the surveillance apparatus turns on itself.

Story here.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Shirtless FBI Agent From the Petraeus Story

Post by notsheigetz »

"one in which the original plan for this past weekend, as Barton Gellman of Time reported, was for David Petraeus to go on a birthday bike ride with Lance Armstrong."

Lance Armstrong? Ah, the plot thickens even more!
This space available for rent.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

I was hoping this stupid story wouldn't disgrace our fine forum.  >:(
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
clacy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by clacy »

What I don't understand is how some of these guys could think that they had a high probability to get away with this stuff.  I mean who should be in a better position, to know how easy it is to surveil?
notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by notsheigetz »

This all seems to be to be working out very well for the Obama administration. The story of a secret CIA war in Libya gets turned into a story about an affair with the head of the CIA, a shirtless FBI agent, and a disgraced Tampa "socialite".  How perfect is that?

http://therealnews.com/t2/component/con ... by-the-cia
This space available for rent.
Lone Wolf
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lone Wolf »

MediumTex wrote: What a great photo.
Funny you should post this.  When it came out that the photo of the "shirtless FBI agent" was actually an obvious (and kinda funny) joke, I was immediately reminded of your Aldous Huxley quote.

It's funny how you can wind up with a better understanding of a story by actively ignoring the 24-hour news cycle and instead wait for the facts to be properly digested and laid out.  Otherwise you often get somebody else's slapdash narrative.  I think this is especially true in a story as weird and salacious as this whole mess!