The Permanent Supplement Regime

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Permanent Supplement Regime

Post by Maddy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:36 pm

I wasn't exactly looking for "wired." I'd settle for feeling like 30 again.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 pm

"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
rocketdog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by rocketdog » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:59 am

Assuming you don't suffer from a chronic health condition, the human body does not need supplements in pill form if you eat a healthy, varied diet. That said, I take these supplements:
  • Multi-vitamin - Doctor recommended as a "safety net" just in case I'm missing anything in my vegetarian diet (unlikely).
  • Calcium - I eat very little dairy (mostly a little cheese here and there), so again, just a safety net.
  • Vitamin D3 - Doctor recommended 5000IU daily. Whatever you say, doc.
  • Low-dose aspirin - Twice weekly now that I'm over 50, for the potential protection against heart attacks, strokes, and colon cancer.
I used to also take vitamin C thinking that it warded off colds, but I eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day so I already intake a good quantity of natural vitamin C and I have not noticed an increase in illness since I stopped taking it in pill form. Leaves me with more money to invest in the Permanent Portfolio. ;)