Obama's Last Stand

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Obama's Last Stand

Post by Reub »

Tonight appears to be Obama's last chance to save his Presidency. Not showing up, as he did in the first debate, is not an option. Can he resurrect himself, win over the undecideds, inspire his base, demoralize the opposition, all in one fell swoop?
Last edited by Reub on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Obama's Last Stand

Post by Pointedstick »

Now you're just baiting us! :)
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

A certain radio personality suggested that Obama should just pull bin Laden's head out of a box at the debates.
Made me laugh at that moment.
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko »

What you  say is likely correct, but you don't win any friends rubbing it in (and I agree with you about him).
It was good being the party of Robin Hood. Until they morphed into the Sheriff of Nottingham
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

TennPaGa wrote: If Obama exposes Romney's lies, he will win the debate.

If he does not, he will lose.

:-*
If only it were so simple. I think it hinges on far more important factors such as the candidates' levels of bluster and umbrage, their dismissiveness toward the others' ideas, their ability to throw out carefully-prepared zingers that stick in our minds, and of course, the relative sizes of their flag pins.
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Reub wrote: Tonight appears to be Obama's last chance to save his Presidency. He is slipping in all groups across the board, including women. Not showing up, as he did in the first debate, is not an option. Can he resurrect himself, win over the undecideds, inspire his base, demoralize the opposition, all in one fell swoop? Can he really stop the tides that are moving towards Romney from rising?
Ohhh!  Must.  Watch.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

TennPaGa wrote:
Pointedstick wrote:
TennPaGa wrote: If Obama exposes Romney's lies, he will win the debate.

If he does not, he will lose.

:-*
If only it were so simple. I think it hinges on far more important factors such as the candidates' levels of bluster and umbrage, their dismissiveness toward the others' ideas, their ability to throw out carefully-prepared zingers that stick in our minds, and of course, the relative sizes of their flag pins.
You forgot smugness, though I suppose that is part bluster and umbrage, and part dismissiveness.
And watch out for Romney's "Stars & Stripes Suplex" move that he has reportedly been practicing.

I'm just tuning in to see that.

Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

Reub wrote: He could render an opponent useless with that move, if perfected. :)
He will just need to make sure he avoids Obama's deadly "Blue State Special" where he leads from behind until Romney is lulled, then he swoops in and applies the "Iron Claw" to Romney's wisdom-shaded gray temples until he concedes.

When Obama does this move, expect the moderator to exclaim: "And it's Hussein with an iron claw to Romney's membrane!!!"
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex »

TennPaGa wrote: It would be awesome if the debate were broadcast by WWE announcers, in addition to ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/Fox/etc.  I would probably bother to watch that.

[align=center]Battle of the Ages
Hussein Potus
vs.
R-Money
[/align]

[align=center]Undercard
Smilin' Joe
vs.
Count Dracula[/align]
Nice!

This is my idea of a good political discussion.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings,

But, will MO be there singing "Do what I say, wah do, wah do - not what I do, wah do, wah do, when chowing down on the Reeses"?  Or will Hillarious Hillary be there saying "It's my responsibility that I told all those differing versions of the story so BO would not be associated with armpit odor"?  Or will Grinnin' gin swillin' Joe be there advertising the Rembrandt system again?  Or will the PUKEUS roll out some sob story tellin' greenies beggin' for another chance to spend your money?

Could be some great theater tonight - wonder if any empty chairs will show?

Oh my ......... Oh my ........
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.