Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

What's wrong with this picture....

Post by notsheigetz »

Everything is wrong with this picture.

The Bible says that no murderer has eternal life dwelling in him.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50778de1/turb ... 11-001/600
This space available for rent.
Storm
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: What's wrong with this picture....

Post by Storm »

Why are evangelical preachers so cold, heartless, and greedy?

"I came here for financial advice, but I've ended up with a bunch of shave soaps and apparently am about to start eating sardines.  Not that I'm complaining, of course." -ZedThou
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Storm wrote: Why are evangelical preachers so cold, heartless, and greedy?
Because they're hucksters.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
KevinW
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by KevinW »

*SPOILER ALERT*

The old guy is turns out to be the Dark Lord of the Sith and the younger guy turns out to be Darth Vader.
stone
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stone »

I guess I'm missing something ??? Who is the murderer? Is Billy Graham bad somehow?

From personal experience I know some evangelical Christians are good people. My previous boss was an evangelical Christian and handed out leaflets about it on the high street. It didn't seem to make him any less of a good person.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." - Mulla Nasrudin
Boeing737

Post by Boeing737 »

And what's wrong with this picture?
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 21,00.html
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Please don't confuse Gates/Buffet spending for charity. In my view, genuine charity demonstrates concern for the person being assisted. The Gates Foundation is using methods Gates has financed to suppress the population in unsuspecting people. These folks want dramatic population reduction.

One of the methods is to include sterilization thru vaccination. Of course, the recipients of the vaccines have no idea.
notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by notsheigetz »

stone wrote: I guess I'm missing something ??? Who is the murderer? Is Billy Graham bad somehow?
Billy Graham has been a very strong advocate of murdering innocent people. Check out his conversations with Nixon during the Vietnam war. If you are the kind of Christian who believes what Jesus actually taught you might be shocked and it will give you a whole new perspective about "Reverend" Graham - as it did me.

Seeing Romney sitting beside Billy Graham confirms my worse instincts about Romney. I never had any intention of voting for him although I did have a slight feeling that he might be better than Obama on a lot of things. Actually, I never had any intention of voting for either candidate so the only question is whether one of them would be so egregiously bad that I would actually go to the polls to vote against him. I'm not there yet because I don't think Obama is that much better on "foreign policy" (aka murder) but the photo of Romney with Graham brings me close to it.
Last edited by notsheigetz on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

this provides some backup for my comments about Gates/Buffet

http://the-classic-liberal.com/creepy-b ... rol-video/
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

murphy_p_t wrote: One of the methods is to include sterilization thru vaccination. Of course, the recipients of the vaccines have no idea.
That sounds like right-wingnut propaganda.  GF wants to develop a reversible birth control vaccine because that is what the poor women in poor countries are asking for, so how is that anywhere remotely the same as forced sterilization without consent?
Last edited by MachineGhost on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Bill Gates will do more for India than Gandhi did.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

I am a Christian and my hope is that all will hear the Good News and be saved.

Re: What is wrong with this picture.....

My beliefs:  ALL of us are sinners from conception forward and inherently rebel against God.  Thus, why should it surprise anyone that some "good" people do bad things, and some "bad" people do good things, and a Mormon can have his picture taken with a Christian, or for that matter with an atheist or a Muslim or a Buddist?  I thank God daily that I have His gift of faith and repent for the things I do that I should not and repent for the things I should have done but did not do.  I thank God that He is merciful and sent his Son to take on all my sins, forgive me, die in my place, and be resurected to be my advocate when my time on this earth ends.  I can't imagine any more hopeful news than that; it sure beats what one hears on the TV 24/7/365.  Ones salvation does not depend one whit on what one does or does not do, only that one believes in Jesus.  Our behavior on this side of physical death, however, does have consequences; we are accountable to the civil authorities who are responsible for maintaining order and preventing chaos.  It is my duty to obey the civil authorities as long as their directives and rules are not in conflict with God's Word.  It is also my duty and priviledge, while on this earth, to exercise my God given reason and select leaders who will work diligently to provide order and reduce chaos; the current US leader seems to me to promote divisiveness, class warfare, and denegrating the successful versus teaching people to work hard, build others up rather than tear them down, and help others who are less fortunate.

And since I am in a sharing mood today, here is my belief on where sin comes from:

Although Yahweh (the personal name for God) perfectly created the world and all people, the rebellion of Adam and Eve wrought by the devil brought sin into the world. This caused corruption, death, conflict, and every other sort of evil. Sin in its two forms appears clearly in Genesis. First, original sin is a corrupted condition affecting our very human nature. Second, actual sin involves every evil thought, work and deed, which flows from the condition of original sin. Humanity's original sin and actual sin are damnable and deserve nothing but God's divine wrath.

Indeed, original sin is the corruption of human nature since the fall of Adam, so that people are full of evil and have evil inclinations from the moment of conception. Sin is not the creative work of God. Rather, the corruption of human nature is the devil's work, as seen by the fall (Gen 3:1-19). With this fall, humanity loses its original righteousness before God, including the loss of perfect fear, love, and trust of God. Now Adam and Eve feel shame before their maker (Gen 3:7, 10). They no longer possess the image of God given at creation (Gen 1:26). In Adam, this corrupted condition passes from one generation to another (Gen 5:3). Even after the fall, although God does not cause evil, He still creates and sustains human nature.

Actual sin involves thoughts, words, and deeds which people commit as a result of original sin. Actual sin also involves omission of the good that we should have done. God has created the world and still preserves it. Yet, He is not the source of actual sin just as He is not the source of original sin. Actual sin arises from the corrupted human will and the will of the devil. The initial actual sin of mistrusting Yahweh and eating the forbidden fruit results in brokenness between God and people. That brokenness then shatters the relationship between Adam and Eve. Instead of admitting blame for the fall into sin, Adam shifts the blame to his wife in a self-centered manner. He even blames Yahweh for giving him this woman (Gen 3:12). Sins continue with the tragic first murder when Cain acts in jealousy against his brother Abel (Gen 4:08). Sinful acts continue throughout Genesis, whether in people who reject Yahweh or even among the patriarchs themselves. Thus, Genesis and the entire Bible do not emphasize human virtue, but instead they emphasize a merciful God.

Sin not only corrupts human nature and human action, it also affects the rest of the created world. Creation groans under sin and hopes for the promised redemption of God's people so that it also might be free from sin (Rom 8:20-25).

Jesus suffers to pay for the debt of our condition of original sin as well as our actual sin. Scripture refers to Christ as the second Adam, since He has such a formative effect on humanity like Adam (Rom 5:12-21; 1 Cor 15:21-28). Just as the first Adam brought sin into the world and death through that sin, so also Christ's price of obedience on the cross brings forgiveness and life. Justification is received through the gift of faith. Faith contributes nothing to the act of justification but only receives. This pardon is free but comes at a high cost to God who declares it. Namely, this pardon from the guilt of sin is possible, since the punishment is transferred to the Savior. In this act of justification, the sinner receives a status of righteous before God. This is not the inherent or natural righteousness, which Adam and Eve possessed at creation. Rather, it is an imputed righteousness, which God graciously credits to a person by the merits of Christ Jesus. Faith is not a meritorious work. This righteousness through faith should not be confused with the immature righteousness of life, which is always imperfect in a human. Good works do not precede faith (Rom 4:3-25; see Heb 11:8-12).

May God have mercy on all of us!   .... Mountaineer
Last edited by Mountaineer on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
notsheigetz
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by notsheigetz »

Cool, but what do you really think about Billy Graham's long time advocacy of murdering innocent people when it is in America's interest?
Mountaineer wrote: I am a Christian and my hope is that all will hear the Good News and be saved.

Re: What is wrong with this picture.....

My beliefs:  ALL of us are sinners from conception forward and inherently rebel against God.  Thus, why should it surprise anyone that some "good" people do bad things, and some "bad" people do good things, and a Mormon can have his picture taken with a Christian, or for that matter with an atheist or a Muslim or a Buddist?  I thank God daily that I have His gift of faith and repent for the things I do that I should not and repent for the things I should have done but did not do.  I thank God that He is merciful and sent his Son to take on all my sins, forgive me, die in my place, and be resurected to be my advocate when my time on this earth ends.  I can't imagine any more hopeful news than that; it sure beats what one hears on the TV 24/7/365.  Ones salvation does not depend one whit on what one does or does not do, only that one believes in Jesus.  Our behavior on this side of physical death, however, does have consequences; we are accountable to the civil authorities who are responsible for maintaining order and preventing chaos.  It is my duty to obey the civil authorities as long as their directives and rules are not in conflict with God's Word.  It is also my duty and priviledge, while on this earth, to exercise my God given reason and select leaders who will work diligently to provide order and reduce chaos; the current US leader seems to me to promote divisiveness, class warfare, and denegrating the successful versus teaching people to work hard, build others up rather than tear them down, and help others who are less fortunate.

And since I am in a sharing mood today, here is my belief on where sin comes from:

Although Yahweh (the personal name for God) perfectly created the world and all people, the rebellion of Adam and Eve wrought by the devil brought sin into the world. This caused corruption, death, conflict, and every other sort of evil. Sin in its two forms appears clearly in Genesis. First, original sin is a corrupted condition affecting our very human nature. Second, actual sin involves every evil thought, work and deed, which flows from the condition of original sin. Humanity's original sin and actual sin are damnable and deserve nothing but God's divine wrath.

Indeed, original sin is the corruption of human nature since the fall of Adam, so that people are full of evil and have evil inclinations from the moment of conception. Sin is not the creative work of God. Rather, the corruption of human nature is the devil's work, as seen by the fall (Gen 3:1-19). With this fall, humanity loses its original righteousness before God, including the loss of perfect fear, love, and trust of God. Now Adam and Eve feel shame before their maker (Gen 3:7, 10). They no longer possess the image of God given at creation (Gen 1:26). In Adam, this corrupted condition passes from one generation to another (Gen 5:3). Even after the fall, although God does not cause evil, He still creates and sustains human nature.

Actual sin involves thoughts, words, and deeds which people commit as a result of original sin. Actual sin also involves omission of the good that we should have done. God has created the world and still preserves it. Yet, He is not the source of actual sin just as He is not the source of original sin. Actual sin arises from the corrupted human will and the will of the devil. The initial actual sin of mistrusting Yahweh and eating the forbidden fruit results in brokenness between God and people. That brokenness then shatters the relationship between Adam and Eve. Instead of admitting blame for the fall into sin, Adam shifts the blame to his wife in a self-centered manner. He even blames Yahweh for giving him this woman (Gen 3:12). Sins continue with the tragic first murder when Cain acts in jealousy against his brother Abel (Gen 4:08). Sinful acts continue throughout Genesis, whether in people who reject Yahweh or even among the patriarchs themselves. Thus, Genesis and the entire Bible do not emphasize human virtue, but instead they emphasize a merciful God.

Sin not only corrupts human nature and human action, it also affects the rest of the created world. Creation groans under sin and hopes for the promised redemption of God's people so that it also might be free from sin (Rom 8:20-25).

Jesus suffers to pay for the debt of our condition of original sin as well as our actual sin. Scripture refers to Christ as the second Adam, since He has such a formative effect on humanity like Adam (Rom 5:12-21; 1 Cor 15:21-28). Just as the first Adam brought sin into the world and death through that sin, so also Christ's price of obedience on the cross brings forgiveness and life. Justification is received through the gift of faith. Faith contributes nothing to the act of justification but only receives. This pardon is free but comes at a high cost to God who declares it. Namely, this pardon from the guilt of sin is possible, since the punishment is transferred to the Savior. In this act of justification, the sinner receives a status of righteous before God. This is not the inherent or natural righteousness, which Adam and Eve possessed at creation. Rather, it is an imputed righteousness, which God graciously credits to a person by the merits of Christ Jesus. Faith is not a meritorious work. This righteousness through faith should not be confused with the immature righteousness of life, which is always imperfect in a human. Good works do not precede faith (Rom 4:3-25; see Heb 11:8-12).

May God have mercy on all of us!   .... Mountaineer

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

MachineGhost wrote:
murphy_p_t wrote: One of the methods is to include sterilization thru vaccination. Of course, the recipients of the vaccines have no idea.
That sounds like right-wingnut propaganda.  GF wants to develop a reversible birth control vaccine because that is what the poor women in poor countries are asking for, so how is that anywhere remotely the same as forced sterilization without consent?
MachineGhost...thank you for your reply.

Please see this article which refers to the documented, covert sterilization, administered through vaccines, which was uncovered in the Philippines.

http://vanshardware.com/2010/02/bill-ga ... -vaccines/

From the video on my previous link, it is very clear Bill Gates wishes to have dramatic population reduction. He is in company with other uber-powerful individuals. The following quotes evidence this claim.

"A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."
Ted Turner

"In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it."
J. Cousteau, 1991 explorer and UNESCO courier

"We must speak more clearly about sexuality, contraception, about abortion, about values that control population, because the ecological crisis, in short, is the population crisis. Cut the population by 90% and there aren't enough people left to do a great deal of ecological damage."
Mikhail Gorbachev

"World population needs to be decreased by 50%"
Henry Kissinger

"If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels."
Prince Phillip

"Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing."
David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler »

Boeing737 wrote: And what's wrong with this picture?
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 21,00.html
Heh.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

notsheigetz wrote: Cool, but what do you really think about Billy Graham's long time advocacy of murdering innocent people when it is in America's interest?
notsheigetz,

Could you please provide some sources/references for this; I could not find when I googled.  However, in my absence of credible facts re. Graham's advocacy of murdering inocent people, I think if you read my beliefs again, you can figure out what I think about evil and why all of us frequently sucumb to the siren's call (e.g. many German's sucumbing to Hitler's call  and many others who put their heads in the sand including Neville Chamberlain).  That is why God's gifts of repentance and faith are ultimately so important for us.

... Mountaineer
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.