HB Fans and Meyers-Briggs Personality Types

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mike59

Re: HB Fans and Meyers-Briggs Personality Types

Post by Mike59 »

I'm ISTJ

(edit): Compiling the results so far, those who were on the fence and mentioned 2 types were not included:
INTJ 10
INTP 3
ISTJ 3
ENFP 2
ENTJ 2
ESTJ 1
ENTP 1

Any newbies like me want to add to the sample?
Last edited by Mike59 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thanks, give me the gold" - Kyle Bass
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

INTJ
Stay free, my friends.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

I usually test as ISTJ, although I'll test as INTJ every now & then.

When comparing a list of famous ISTJs vs INTJs, I strongly self-identify with the ISTJs.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Phalanx wrote: I usually test as ISTJ, although I'll test as INTJ every now & then.

When comparing a list of famous ISTJs vs INTJs, I strongly self-identify with the ISTJs.
I'm similar.  I have tested as both ISTJ and ESTJ.  Although the older I get, the more "I" I become, for whatever reason.  As posted above, my more recent results are INTJ, and I do identify more with the examples.
Stay free, my friends.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

I was introduced to the Myers-Briggs over 30 years ago. Bought a lot of books on it and, for awhile, it was an avocation as I formally and informally tested over 100 people.

I have taken the test a few times and I am a classic, prototypical - ISTJ. Not borderline on any of the four. I am each of the four decidedly with no doubt.

Vinny
Tortoise wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 am I was originally going to start a poll on this, then decided just to make it a thread since it's probably kind of a niche topic.

The Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator is a questionnaire, heavily influenced by Carl Jung, that determines which one of 16 personality types is most dominant in the person completing the questionnaire. Naturally, this is just one particular model of personality types, and some people's types change over time. But the idea is that most people tend to land in one of the 16 Meyers-Briggs categories most often, and that is roughly the person's "type."

Each of the 16 personality types is denoted by a string of four letters: E (extroverted) or I (introverted), S (sensing) or N (intuition), T (thinking) or F (feeling), and J (judgment) or P (perception).

I'm interested in finding out whether one or two of the 16 Meyers-Briggs personality types are disproportionately represented among the Harry Browne and Permanent Portfolio fans on this forum.

I have a definite guess as to which type(s) is (are) most common on this forum, but I didn't want to skew the results by saying it at the outset.

What's your type? :)
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Popular occupations for ISTJ's include being an accountant (me), police, military. It's the J (structure) part.

Vinny
Bob wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:27 am ESJT.  First took the Meyers-Briggs in the mid-1970s.  Was ESTJ.  Took again in the late 1990s - still an ESTJ.  I guess I'm incapable of change.  For what is worth, the majority of military officers in the late 1990s registered as ISTJ's.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."