Help improve RiskCog.com

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

macclary

Help improve RiskCog.com

Post by macclary »

Last year I created a website that graphs portfolios such as the Permanent Portfolio:

http://www.riskcog.com/portfolio-theme2 ... 074874c74e

The site can also optimize  portfolios with a built-in "non Markowitz" optimizer that I believe performs more reliably than even expensive commercial portfolio software.

"You could spend hundreds of dollars on MVO portfolio optimization software but the output would not be as good as this free website!!"  The site is free, and the basic portfolio optimization is going to remain free. I don't think there are any comparable portfolio optimizers available for free or low cost on the internet (but maybe I just haven't seen them).

My request is that if you have any suggested changes to the riskcog.com site to better suite your tastes go ahead and post them on this thread for discussion. I am going to be running a 200 mile relay race for the next couple days, when I get back I will try to implement any concrete suggestions that have been posted!
Pres

Re: Help improve RiskCog.com

Post by Pres »

macclary wrote: Last year I created a website that graphs portfolios such as the Permanent Portfolio:

http://www.riskcog.com/portfolio-theme2 ... 074874c74e

The site can also optimize  portfolios with a built-in "non Markowitz" optimizer that I believe performs more reliably than even expensive commercial portfolio software.

"You could spend hundreds of dollars on MVO portfolio optimization software but the output would not be as good as this free website!!"  The site is free, and the basic portfolio optimization is going to remain free. I don't think there are any comparable portfolio optimizers available for free or low cost on the internet (but maybe I just haven't seen them).

My request is that if you have any suggested changes to the riskcog.com site to better suite your tastes go ahead and post them on this thread for discussion. I am going to be running a 200 mile relay race for the next couple days, when I get back I will try to implement any concrete suggestions that have been posted!
Some ideas:
- Key always displayed
- Charts can be saved (contain your url)
- Button to display larger version of chart
- "Compare with" function, to add the S&P500 or some other stock/fund/index to the chart (like on Yahoo)

It's a brilliant site. But asking a gfx guy to sexy up the design a bit might be worthwhile.