Will following the tips of 'longevity gurus' really keep you healthy to 100? From walking barefoot and ice baths to pump

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Will following the tips of 'longevity gurus' really keep you healthy to 100? From walking barefoot and ice baths to pump

Post by vnatale »

Will following the tips of 'longevity gurus' really keep you healthy to 100? From walking barefoot and ice baths to pumping iron and coffee enemas

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... mailonline
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will following the tips of 'longevity gurus' really keep you healthy to 100? From walking barefoot and ice baths to

Post by boglerdude »

Caloric restriction is the only thing proven in animals. Feels like its working for me, had a wart disappear when I went down to one meal a day at night. Sometimes a spoon of peanut butter mid-day. Adapt/adjust to always being hungry. Feels good eventually.

Walking. Body's designed for it. Walk until is tiring, for me thats 2 hours.

Eat protein, fiber/whole grains and slow burning carbs. No sugar highs

Prioritize sleep. This is where drugs get people. You can be high all day if you slept well and have the endorphins to tap. Junkies wring out every last endorphin, then theres nothing left at night to allow them to relax enough to get into REM. They pass out but never sleep.

Free will illusion makes people think you can make big changes overnight. Impossible, takes years of chipping away.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will following the tips of 'longevity gurus' really keep you healthy to 100? From walking barefoot and ice baths to

Post by barrett »

Didn't read the article, but the one thing I would add to boglerdude's list is having favorable genetics. In fact that may outweigh all other factors put together. Of course, one can't change anything about their genetics. Boglerdude's post outlines several changes that one can consciously take.