Login & Cache

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Login & Cache

Post by dualstow »

Lately, I’ve been having trouble on other websites that were temporarily solved when I deleted some selections from the cache, and perhaps permanently solved when I created another Profile in Safari.

Now, every time I visit this site, I have to re-login even though I click the Remember Me box.

I tried a new Browser Profile and was instantly logged in. Didn’t have to do anything. What’s going on? Is my ipad just getting old? Is there something I can do so I won’t keep being asked to log in (in the main Profile)?
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Login & Cache

Post by Smith1776 »

dualstow wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:35 pm Lately, I’ve been having trouble on other websites that were temporarily solved when I deleted some selections from the cache, and perhaps permanently solved when I created another Profile in Safari.

Now, every time I visit this site, I have to re-login even though I click the Remember Me box.

I tried a new Browser Profile and was instantly logged in. Didn’t have to do anything. What’s going on? Is my ipad just getting old? Is there something I can do so I won’t keep being asked to log in (in the main Profile)?
I get the same thing. Often times I still need to login even when I ask the site to remember me.
MB
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

I experienced the same thing using Firefox on iOS so I switched to Chrome and Safari. Seems like there was another combination of OS and browser where it happened but I can’t remember now.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Ah, ok. Maybe it’s on the site’s end. I use a few different browsers.
The second profile (in Safari) also failed today.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

flyingpylon wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:25 pm I experienced the same thing using Firefox on iOS so I switched to Chrome and Safari. Seems like there was another combination of OS and browser where it happened but I can’t remember now.
MacOS and Firefox - site would not let me login - gives a login error message.

iOS and Firefox - works fine.

MacOS and iOS work fine with Safari.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I wonder if the login error is a cache thing. I haven’t experienced that on this site, though I have on others.
This site just frequently forgets me. :'( It’s nice to have the password saved under a fingerprint.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:35 pm
Lately, I’ve been having trouble on other websites that were temporarily solved when I deleted some selections from the cache, and perhaps permanently solved when I created another Profile in Safari.

Has never been an issue for me.

I'm always accessing here via Edge on a Windows 10 computer.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I don’t really have trouble on my desktop. I’m starting to think it’s my ipad that’s getting wonky.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:54 am
I don’t really have trouble on my desktop. I’m starting to think it’s my ipad that’s getting wonky.

What version of iPad are you using?

My two iPad 1's are still both going strong though they no longer can do certain things due to Apple's policy of Planned Obsolescence. But I'm fairly certain I will be able to do both email and read books on both of them forever. Plus keep score of my softball games.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Planned Obsolescence like you said. I’m on a generation 5 ipad mini, so a few years old but the 2nd most recent. The battery life is good. I’m about due for a trade-in, but I just bought a new Mac desktop (poor value! I know! O0 ) so I’m trying to space it out a bit.

I have been clearing data and restarting and switching browsers. It’s calming down a bit.