The Lifestyle of Doctors Worth About $50 Million and How They Made So Much Money

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

The Lifestyle of Doctors Worth About $50 Million and How They Made So Much Money

Post by vnatale »

I have ultra respect for how these two doctors created their net worth and how they have lived and continued to live their lives.

You?

Vinny

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/high- ... 2010778318
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Lifestyle of Doctors Worth About $50 Million and How They Made So Much Money

Post by boglerdude »

A great tragedy of the human experience is that basic scientists are so poorly compensated.

Also the AMA is a cartel, we could have 3x as many doctors and pay less for healthcare.
DogBreath

Re: The Lifestyle of Doctors Worth About $50 Million and How They Made So Much Money

Post by DogBreath »

boglerdude wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:17 am A great tragedy of the human experience is that basic scientists are so poorly compensated.
If you mean compared to a physician, yes, you are correct. But define poorly. A friend is a research chemist and made a pretty solid salary plus has a traditional pension bc he works for a university. He did quite well for himself.

boglerdude wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:17 am Also the AMA is a cartel, we could have 3x as many doctors and pay less for healthcare.
Maybe, but you wouldn't want the bottom 10% of current grads treating you now, imagine if they doubled the class size. Then you wouldn't want the bottom half.