Executive Member

Is This What Got Tucker Carlson Fired?

Post by stuper1 »

See this 2-minute clip from a podcast interview that Tucker gave:

https://twitter.com/JakeBequette91/stat ... ker-out%2F
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Is This What Got Tucker Carlson Fired?

Post by vnatale »

stuper1 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:38 pm
See this 2-minute clip from a podcast interview that Tucker gave:

https://twitter.com/JakeBequette91/stat ... ker-out%2F

Listened to it twice.

He seems to be accepting responsibility for knowingly passing on lies.

But he comes across as portraying himself as an ignorant, unknowing puppet. Not a flattering self-portrayal.

Finally, how is the media in control when you have a Fox and an MSNBC putting out opposite messages? How do those behind the media control with disparate messages?

It was a somewhat incoherent two minutes.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Which one of Fox or MSNBC is opposed to the US being heavily involved in Ukraine?

Which of those two was opposed to the US invading Iraq in 2003 or whenever it was? I frankly can't remember, but I suspect they were both cheerleading for that fiasco and reporting breathlessly on the WMDs that the lying Colin Powell had so much evidence for (that was sarcasm).

The left has their favorite media outlets, and the right has their favorites. They may differ on fairly trivial issues in order to give the voters the illusion that voting really makes a difference, but in reality it doesn't matter who wins because the deep-state bureaucrats and the deep pockets behind them aren't even elected and they stay in power and run things no matter who wins.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

From today's daily baseball newsletter which obviously includes other things:

Great Moments in Pettiness
A lot of chatter has been circulating about why Fox fired Tucker Carlson. In Vanity Fair yesterday it was suggested that it was because Rupert Murdoch broke up with his fiancee. Like, really.

After reporting that Carlson gave a speech at a conservative banquet on Friday night about the need for prayer to fight godless liberals � and thaat Fox honcho Murdoch is not super comfortable with that kind of talk � Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman drops tthis:

Rupert Murdoch was perhaps unnerved by Carlson’s messianism because it echoed the end-times worldview of Murdoch’s ex-fiancée Ann Lesley Smith, the source said. In my May cover story, I reported that Murdoch and Smith called off their two-week engagement because Smith had told people Carlson was “a messenger from God.” Murdoch had seen Carlson and Smith discuss religion firsthand. In late March, Carlson had dinner at Murdoch’s Bel Air vineyard with Murdoch and Smith, according to the source. During dinner, Smith pulled out a bible and started reading passages from the Book of Exodus, the source said. “Rupert just sat there and stared,” the source said. A few days after the dinner, Murdoch and Smith called off the wedding. By taking Carlson off the air, Murdoch was also taking away his ex’s favorite show.

Look, things were a bit rough between my ex and me back in 2011. She was super into “Vampire Diaries” at the time, but if I ran The CW in those days I’d probably have kept it on the air because life is too short to make things uglier than they have to be.

Still, a nod of acknowledgment to the inner-circle pettiness that animates Rupert Murdoch. I mean, the guy is the worst, but I don’t think you can live to be 92 years-old if you don’t have an ethos, and that’s worthy of my grudging respect.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."