Moderator: Global Moderator

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Another Covid thread (2023 April)

Post by stuper1 »

🚧 Split off from How much to save for retirement (Sophie) / DS 🚧

Sophie,

I'd still love to hear your thoughts about the COVID vaccine in general if you feel inclined to share them with us. But if not, I understand why you might not care to respond.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Another Covid thread (2023 April)

Post by sophie »

stuper1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:09 pm Sophie,

I'd still love to hear your thoughts about the COVID vaccine in general if you feel inclined to share them with us. But if not, I understand why you might not care to respond.
The political environment we live in does not allow for the safe and free expression of opinions. Certain topics have also been declared off limits for public debate, COVID vaccines being among the most prominent. Sorry but you'll have to figure this out on your own. There is plenty of information out there, you just have to look for it.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

sophie wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:41 am
stuper1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:09 pm Sophie,

The political environment we live in does not allow for the safe and free expression of opinions. Certain topics have also been declared off limits for public debate, COVID vaccines being among the most prominent. Sorry but you'll have to figure this out on your own. There is plenty of information out there, you just have to look for it.
Understood. I figured out the story on the vaccines from the beginning. As a 55-year-old in good health, my health risk from Covid is miniscule; whereas my long-term health risk from an experimental untested vaccine is unknown; ergo understanding those two indisputable facts, the decision was easy. I haven't seen anything since then to change my mind. My own philosophy on personal health is to eat healthfully, exercise a lot, and avoid as many pharmaceutical products as possible.

It's a sad situation, because my 87-year-old parents, who live in a different state, won't allow me to visit them because I haven't been vaccinated. They are happy to have visits from vaccinated/boosted family and friends. They have been vaccinated/boosted themselves. I haven't seen them in person since 2019. Obviously they don't have many years left before they're gone. Is there any evidence that could be used to change their minds on receiving visits from unvaccinated people? Or maybe they have a legitimate fear? For what it's worth, they are both retired medical doctors.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Well you could look up the info on the CDC website about symptomatic COVID infection in vaccinated people. But, that info has been out for a long time now, and it's in everyone's personal experience too.

I'm sorry that your parents have cut you off over something like this. I guess all you can do is set up a way to contact them remotely (facetime, zoom, whatever) and keep talking to them. Eventually they might change their minds. It sounds like a very sad situation indeed, and we can only hope it won't last longer than they do.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Are you saying the data show that the rate of symptomatic Covid is no lower in vaccinated people than in unvaccinated people?

If that is what you are saying, could you point me to a place where this is documented? This would have to be a place that would be accepted by smart, medical professionals who now spend much of their day watching CNN, etc., so are pretty much brainwashed with whatever narrative is being pushed by mainstream media. They are very liberal in their political views. I'm just the opposite, leaning strongly toward the smallest government possible and no foreign wars (I hate neocons and their new liberal pals), so that's another strain on our relationship, although I just try to not talk about politics with them, and they seem to be the ones to bring it up (because I think politics is their religion), which usually ends in me trying to change the subject as soon as possible, because I know my views will undoubtedly offend them.

My parents are decent people. My theory is they came up in a time before the medical establishment was taken over by big pharma, and they can't see the corrupting influence that has caused medical practice to go a long way downhill.

I'm pretty much over Zoom. It's a very poor substitute for in-person interaction.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Perfectly healthy people "otherized" and barred from employment and socialization. Using a non-standardized PCR test, that didnt look for any other virus and was never approved for diagnosis of any disease. Australia actually set up the camps.

We dont need input from "experts" and those that refuse discussion about history and government overreach become part of the problem. Many even cheered it on.

But I'm an optimist, so the good news is you can stop interacting with certain old friends and family, you're wasting their time and vice versa.
Attachments
Trump.jpg
Trump.jpg (112.86 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal »

Just had this emailed to me today. Nice touch with the voice over guy... :o
https://www.facebook.com/DangerDanAndre ... 489161231/
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

^ Oy thats a super-spreader m8. Over the nose!
Attachments
AOC-mask-hypocrisy.jpg
AOC-mask-hypocrisy.jpg (424.8 KiB) Viewed 970 times