Finance Books for Free

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Finance Books for Free

Post by ochotona »

I am giving away some personal finance books for free. I have memorized them already, or have digital versions. You can have them for free, but we have to come to an agreement about USPS Media Mail shipping (the recipient has to pay for shipping).

The New Case for Gold by Jim Rickards - "This excellent book proves that, contrary to the propaganda of fiat currency apologists, gold is real money. Rickards makes a compelling case for why those looking for a way to protect themselves and their families from economic chaos created by central bankers should consider gold." -- Ron Paul , former Congressman and Presidential candidate

Buy Gold and Silver Safely by Doug Eberhardt - The only book you need to learn how to buy or sell gold and silver

The Ivy Portfolio by Meb Faber - The Ivy Portfolio shows step-by-step how to track and mimic the investment strategies of the highly successful Harvard and Yale endowments. Using the endowment Policy Portfolios as a guide, the authors illustrate how an investor can develop a strategic asset allocation using an ETF-based investment approach

Global Asset Allocation by Meb Faber - A survey of the world's top investment strategies

DIY Financial Advisor by Wes Gray - IY Financial Advisor outlines a step-by-step process through which investors can take control of their hard-earned wealth and manage their own family office. Our research indicates that what matters in investing are minimizing psychology traps and managing fees and taxes. These simple concepts apply to all families, not just the ultra-wealthy

The Charles Schwab Guide to Finances After Fifty by Carrie Schwab - Here at last are the hard-to-find answers to the dizzying array of financial questions plaguing those who are age fifty and older
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Finance Books for Free

Post by Kbg »

Is the Charles Schwab book a good one? First I've heard of it.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona »

It's a good basic primer into a lot of pre-retirement topics.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ochotona »

Books gone
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

ochotona wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:45 pmBooks gone

Congratulations to both you and the person who is getting them!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil »

Guys, do you have an access to b-ok.org ? This is the largest electronic library I have an access to, there are gazillion of books for free (well to be precise - a tad below 11.5 millions) - on financial matters too. To be honest, quite often I download a book and have a glimpse - if I really like what I read in the first 30-40 pages, I go and buy it through Amazon, even though I have the possibility to still read it for free - I know, it might sound strange, but give me some sort of personal relief that I support a tiny bit the author ...

PS. Did a quick check and the above mentioned site did not let me down - only Buy Gold and Silver Safely by Doug Eberhardt from ochotona's list is not available, the rest are existent there - either as PDFs, or EPUBs...
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Vil wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:41 am
Guys, do you have an access to b-ok.org ? This is the largest electronic library I have an access to, there are gazillion of books for free (well to be precise - a tad below 11.5 millions) - on financial matters too. To be honest, quite often I download a book and have a glimpse - if I really like what I read in the first 30-40 pages, I go and buy it through Amazon, even though I have the possibility to still read it for free - I know, it might sound strange, but give me some sort of personal relief that I support a tiny bit the author ...

PS. Did a quick check and the above mentioned site did not let me down - only Buy Gold and Silver Safely by Doug Eberhardt from ochotona's list is not available, the rest are existent there - either as PDFs, or EPUBs...

I do have access to it. Have not yet set up an account to sign in but definitely will.

Thanks!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

This is what you see once you start the registration process:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (103.02 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Just did a search on Rickards and looks like all his books are available?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (78.6 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil »

vnatale wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:26 am This is what you see once you start the registration process:
Have never bothered making a registration, guest account has served me well for years (and I can't download and read more than 5 books a day, anyway ;)
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil »

vnatale wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:39 am Just did a search on Rickards and looks like all his books are available?
... and many more ...
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Rickards said that in 2018 the global financial system was going to collapse, and that gold and alternatives were our only saviours.

I’m still waiting. ;D
DITM
www.allterraininvesting.com
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

It seems that b-ok.org is a pirate site. None of the money you're paying goes to the authors. You might as well just go to a "real" pirate site and get it for free if you're going to use b-ok.org.
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil »

Xan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:09 am It seems that b-ok.org is a pirate site. None of the money you're paying goes to the authors. You might as well just go to a "real" pirate site and get it for free if you're going to use b-ok.org.
Nope, I did not say that I am paying to that site (which is indeed pirate site) - see what I stated above - I go and buy it through Amazon
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Z-Library eBook Site Domains Seized By U.S. Authorities
By Kavita Iyer -November 5, 2022
Several domains related to the popular online eBook repository, Z-Library, were seized by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on Friday in accordance with piracy laws.

https://www.techworm.net/2022/11/z-libr ... eized.html

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (136.58 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil »

You see the enormous impact of posting here... ;D Holy crap.
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler »

Vil wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:26 am You see the enormous impact of posting here... ;D Holy crap.
I guess we now know that there's at least one Fed who is a fan of the Permanent Portfolio. 8)
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I remember googling a quote from a book once and ending up at a book piracy site with the full text of a novel. These bastards, i thought. Unscrupulous. I’ll just copy some of this before I go….
🍍