If you got #62 .... what would you do?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

If you got #62 .... what would you do?

Post by vnatale » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:57 pm

Tonight Aaron Judge might may hit his home run #62 which would set the American League record (the current record having been held for 61 years).

The following is an excellent question to ask in this forum because every single person in it is financially oriented.

If you caught that ball what would you do with it?

The fan who caught #60 just gave it to Judge and in return got to meet Judge and some signed bats or other things for him and his three friends.

Note this current article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/al ... %20rise%21

"All rise! Aaron Judge's 62nd home run ball could fetch $1.2 million, expert says"

"If the ball is auctioned, it could sell for $750,000 to $1.2 million, according to Ken Goldin, of Goldin Auctions."

Me?

I'd definitely be trying to get as much as possible for it. Though baseball is a sport and entertainment it is also big business, capitalism at its finest.

Tickets prices are way up there and Judge himself turned down a $210 million contract extension prior to the season starting.

Therefore I think any fan should get as much as they could.

Unfortunately for the fans the other night (Wednesday) #61 hit off a wall and then went into the other team's bullpen and was caught by its bullpen coach who just turned it over for free.

Back to Judge and what he might expect to get in his next contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/aaro ... superstar/

"Aaron Judge contract: Predicting what kind of deal Yankees star will get in free agency after historic 2022
Judge will certainly get more than the seven-year, $213.5 million offer he received from New York in April"

"Big-market clubs like the Cubs, Mets, and Red Sox figure to at least check in on Judge, potentially giving him the leverage to push the Yankees to a ninth year. Unless he does something unexpected like take a high dollar short-term deal, I don't think $40 million per year will happen, but again, free agency is unpredictable. Nine years and $38 million per year, or $342 million total, is where this bidding war may end up. Judge has done that much to raise his free agent stock."
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: If you got #62 .... what would you do?

Post by dualstow » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 pm

I’d probably give it to someone who cares more about baseball. I mean some excited fan within a few feet.
RIP Marcello Gandini
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:54 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 pm

I’d probably give it to someone who cares more about baseball. I mean some excited fan within a few feet.

That excited fan would either sell it or give it Judge for minimal in return.

You give up a $750,000 to $1,200,000 asset just like that??!!!

It is close to being real money.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:44 pm

I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. O0
At least it wouldn’t be wasted.
RIP Marcello Gandini
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:09 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (57.95 KiB) Viewed 484 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:44 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.29 KiB) Viewed 461 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am

Good investment turning an $8 ball into a $2,000,000 ball??!!!

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (63.15 KiB) Viewed 440 times