Nothing?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Nothing?

Post by vnatale » Thu May 26, 2022 6:06 am

No one put anything at all here yesterday, Wednesday? Was there any kind of malfunction? Or, was it really no one having anything at all to say here yesterday? I do not think I'd ever prior seen such a day.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Nothing?

Post by joypog » Thu May 26, 2022 6:20 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:06 am
No one put anything at all here yesterday, Wednesday? Was there any kind of malfunction? Or, was it really no one having anything at all to say here yesterday? I do not think I'd ever prior seen such a day.
The horror of the day before must have had something to do with it.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu May 26, 2022 6:57 am

joypog wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:20 am

vnatale wrote:

Maybe. But, on the other hand, one might have expected it to have provoked discussion here.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Thu May 26, 2022 9:12 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:57 am
joypog wrote:
vnatale wrote:
Maybe. But, on the other hand, one might have expected it to have provoked discussion here.
What's there to say? We've become so polarized as a society our politiicans are unwilling to do anything about it. They just want to spit at each other in front of the cameras. That said, I'll start a thread cause I am curious.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Thu May 26, 2022 9:14 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:57 am
joypog wrote:
vnatale wrote:

I almost always ask myself, "What am I going to do with that information?" whether reading something on a forum or listening to or watching the news (which I rarely do anymore as there is very little real news as opposed to opinion and specualtion). For our forum it seems like much of the time in the last several months the answer is "nothing actionable" other than perhaps some entertainment value. I try, but frequently fail, to only contribute a post when I think it might make a positive difference to someone else; that's after asking myself the question "What do I want others to do with what I post?".

Thus, I'm not at all surprised that we did not post for a day, even considering the shootings in Uvalde. Not much I can do to improve the Uvalde situation other than pray that evil in the world diminishes and that won't likely happen until the Last Day because evil people do evil things in this world.

So, what do I want you to do with my post? Consider praying for the victims' families and friends and ask God to grant them the peace that surpasses all understanding. Hug your spouse, your dog, your cat, your friends and tell them you love them. Turn off the TV and read a good book. Enjoy God's gift of life to the fullest while you can. Get rid of the things in your life that distract you from what is truly important.

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Thu May 26, 2022 9:37 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:14 am
Hug your spouse, your dog, your cat, your friends and tell them you love them. Turn off the TV and read a good book. Enjoy God's gift of life to the fullest while you can. Get rid of the things in your life that distract you from what is truly important.
Yeah pretty much. That's what I did yesterday. Poorly relearned a couple Celtic tunes on the banjo while my four year old banged on a hand drum.

It feels pollyanish, but I don't know what else to do. I'm not sure what would have been a better response, cause for damn sure raging online is no good for anyone, including myself.