Appetite for Destruction

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Appetite for Destruction

Post by joypog » Wed May 18, 2022 2:12 pm

For whatever odd reason I suddenly felt the need to listen to Guns and Roses.

What the hell does that say about my current state of mind...and the world?

(Up til today, I've been on a John Coltrane kick for 2022, except for a short spurt of War Pigs in late Feb).
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Appetite for Destruction

Post by Kbg » Wed May 18, 2022 2:36 pm

Welcome to the Jungle ;D

A great trac if you have apple music...Hair Metal Essentials
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed May 18, 2022 9:49 pm

joypog wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:12 pm

For whatever odd reason I suddenly felt the need to listen to Guns and Roses.

What the hell does that say about my current state of mind...and the world?

(Up til today, I've been on a John Coltrane kick for 2022, except for a short spurt of War Pigs in late Feb).

Guns N' Roses will always be classic.

At some of my softball games some of the other teams play music during the game.

That prompted one of my teammates to ask in our team's Facebook Messenger how we reacted to that music being played.

I said that I did not like any of the Hip Hop but liked it when they played music that I like and am always amused that many of the teams will play songs that originally came out when they were not even born yet. That's why it is called classic rock.

I did hear some Guns N' Roses being played. I believe that they came out in 1987, which means you'd have to be at least 35 years old just to have been born when it came out, let alone how old you'd have to be just to be aware of it -- probably have to now be in your upper 40s.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Wed May 18, 2022 10:40 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:49 pm
I did hear some Guns N' Roses being played. I believe that they came out in 1987, which means you'd have to be at least 35 years old just to have been born when it came out, let alone how old you'd have to be just to be aware of it -- probably have to now be in your upper 40s.
Yeah, pretty close. A touch below mid-forties, but my music taste is definitely of that time. Classic rock and gangsta rap both push the nostalgia button for me. Never got into grunge and alternative aside from Rage Against the Machine...
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)