Michael Saylor: Bitcoin, Inflation, and the Future of Money | Lex Fridman Podcast #276

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Michael Saylor: Bitcoin, Inflation, and the Future of Money | Lex Fridman Podcast #276

Post by vnatale » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC43pZkpTec

I've become a MAJOR fan of Lex Fridman and his podcasts. In his case, I love that they are long, long, LONG!

They are each packed with so much and I'm trying to listen to all new ones and then going back to the prior ones I've never heard.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Michael Saylor: Bitcoin, Inflation, and the Future of Money | Lex Fridman Podcast #276

Post by whatchamacallit » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Thanks for post. Michael Saylor is always entertaining to listen to. He hasn't convinced me quite yet but he makes you think.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Michael Saylor: Bitcoin, Inflation, and the Future of Money | Lex Fridman Podcast #276

Post by vnatale » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:17 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Thanks for post. Michael Saylor is always entertaining to listen to. He hasn't convinced me quite yet but he makes you think.

Lex always seems to get superb guests. Plus he is an excellent interviewer.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Jack Jones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jack Jones » Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am

I'm fascinated by this guy. The seemingly rational approach to Bitcoin is to own a small slice of it. If the thesis is correct, it doesn't really matter how much you own, you'll be fabulously wealthy.

On the other hand, if you're convinced that Rome is burning, you'll want to shelter as much of your wealth as possible in Bitcoin. This seems to be where Saylor's head is at.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:57 am

Olandeep wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:14 am

I'm totally on the same page – Lex Fridman's podcasts are a goldmine of insights! The best part? They're not just quick bites; they're these lengthy, immersive conversations that really let you dig deep into the topics.

Well stated!
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:57 am
Olandeep wrote:
I'm totally on the same page – Lex Fridman's podcasts are a goldmine of insights! The best part? They're not just quick bites; they're these lengthy, immersive conversations that really let you dig deep into the topics.
Well stated!
Olandeep is almost certainly a bot.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:26 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 pm

vnatale wrote:

Olandeep wrote:

Well stated!

What gives it away?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:32 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:26 pm
Xan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 pm
vnatale wrote:
Olandeep wrote:
Well stated!
What gives it away?

Any first post is immediately suspicious, and if it doesn't start with "hey guys, I've been lurking for a while, I really like the Permanent Portfolio because XYZ" then already it's almost certainly a bot.

Another big red flag is commenting on an old thread.

The text of this one is designed to look like it's saying something without saying much. It could be used anywhere that anybody on any message board has brought up Led Fridman.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:46 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:32 pm

Any first post is immediately suspicious, and if it doesn't start with "hey guys, I've been lurking for a while, I really like the Permanent Portfolio because XYZ" then already it's almost certainly a bot.

Another big red flag is commenting on an old thread.

The text of this one is designed to look like it's saying something without saying much. It could be used anywhere that anybody on any message board has brought up Led Fridman.

I agree with the first two.

Agree with the third but not as suspicious as the first two.

On your end ...when someone joins is there anything to indicate to you whether it is a real person joining or not?
Jack Jones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jack Jones » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:27 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:32 pm
O0