WW III

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

WW III

Post by I Shrugged »

If there is to be a world war, which significant countries will shed blood on the Russian side?

I don’t think any will. So it would be a Russian war but probably not a world war.

Now if it’s mostly a cold war, then I suppose russia would have several reasonably important allies.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WW III

Post by Xan »

I Shrugged wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:04 am If there is to be a world war, which significant countries will shed blood on the Russian side?

I don’t think any will. So it would be a Russian war but probably not a world war.

Now if it’s mostly a cold war, then I suppose russia would have several reasonably important allies.
Seems like China is the variable. I agree that as things stand now they won't fight on the Russian side. And certainly if the rest of the world gangs up, they can prevent Russia from winning in Ukraine. To hold it together they'd need to avoid actually invading Russia.

Of course the big caveat on "beating" the Russians is the nukes...
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Seems like we are in for a cold war or whatever will be the term for a war of cyber and economic disruption.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

If you accept that future wars will mostly not be fought with munitions and soldiers, but instead with control and destruction of systems and financial interests, then aren’t we already at war?
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter »

I'd imagine that while China might not fight on the Russian "side", they might use this time to go after Taiwan while the West is distracted.

They would likely do at least some trade / co-ordination