https://igotstandardsbro.com
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
jatuition

Re: Politically incorrect but....

Post by jatuition » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:07 am

Hal wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:59 pm
I suspect an woman delusional test Actuary has way too much free time ;D
The amount of free time that an actuary has largely depends on three factors: the area of work, the amount of time spent in the role and the level of experience.

The area of work influences how often an actuary will have a full workload, as well as how long each such period will last. For example, an actuary working in ‘valuations’ - where the main objective is to place a value on a company - will have the most amount of work just before the company needs to publish it’s financial results to the market, regulators and other stakeholders.

The actuary is likely to be involved in other streams of work as well, e.g. ‘capital management’ - where the objectives might relate to the company aiming to hold enough money to be able to make good on it’s promises, even if highly unexpected (negative) events occur. There will usually be conventions as to when, in the month or year, most of this work will be clustered as well as to the level of rigour required for each task that is to be completed.

However, note that I’ve provided only one example among hundreds of different functions that different actuaries could have in practice.

The amount of time spent in the role will influence how quickly an actuary can solve routine and ad hoc tasks that come along. This can make a significant difference to how often they’ll have a full workload. For example, some tasks may take weeks to complete when you’re new to a role, whereas they may take two or three days when you’ve been in the role a while.

Lastly, the level of experience influences the level of responsibility an actuary is likely to have. Responsibility means work; work means less free time.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:10 pm

Chat GPT?
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:50 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:10 pm
Chat GPT?
You want real AI? Remember my evil twin! ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy4EfdnMZ5g
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:51 am

Hal wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:50 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:10 pm
Chat GPT?
You want real AI? Remember my evil twin! ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy4EfdnMZ5g
Outstanding!
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.