Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

The Monkees’ Michael Nesmith Dies at 78

Post by GT »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... d=msedgntp

The Monkees’ Michael Nesmith has died, Rolling Stone reports. In a statement, Nesmith’s family said the musician died at home of natural causes. Just last month, Nesmith wrapped up a farewell tour with Monkees bandmate Mickey Dolenz. Michael Nesmith was 78 years old.

I watched all the Monkees reruns back in the day.....
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Monkees’ Michael Nesmith Dies at 78

Post by barrett »

That's too bad. I usually find this stuff out by looking at dualstow's signature line. I can go there for obituaries, inflation rates, etc. It's better that watching Fox, CNN, et al. O0
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT »

barrett wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:08 pm That's too bad. I usually find this stuff out by looking at dualstow's signature line. I can go there for obituaries, inflation rates, etc. It's better that watching Fox, CNN, et al. O0
Agree - I thought about asking dualstow to update his picture before I posted ....
sweetbthescrivener

Post by sweetbthescrivener »

For some reason this post is making me want to invest in Liquid Paper.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

GT wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:26 pm
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... d=msedgntp

The Monkees’ Michael Nesmith has died, Rolling Stone reports. In a statement, Nesmith’s family said the musician died at home of natural causes. Just last month, Nesmith wrapped up a farewell tour with Monkees bandmate Mickey Dolenz. Michael Nesmith was 78 years old.

When the Monkees came out I thought they were the next Beatles. I got their first record as a Christmas present. I saw all the shows when they originally were on TV.

So Dolenz is the last one left. Seems all of the three have now died were below their life expectancy for when they were born?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

vnatale wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:19 pm
GT wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:26 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... d=msedgntp

When the Monkees came out I thought they were the next Beatles. I got their first record as a Christmas present. I saw all the shows when they originally were on TV.

So Dolenz is the last one left. Seems all of the three have now died were below their life expectancy for when they were born?
That last train to Clarksville sounds more like it’s the long black train.

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

barrett wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:08 pm That's too bad. I usually find this stuff out by looking at dualstow's signature line. I can go there for obituaries, inflation rates, etc. It's better that watching Fox, CNN, et al. O0
😂 As it happens, I was just doing the inflation rate and then I went looking for a place to make sure it was displaying right. Stumbled upon this thread.

I know someone whose mother used to live next door to Davy Jones. Not a fan, but Mike Nesmith was pretty cool.
🍍
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

dualstow wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:48 pmI know someone whose mother used to live next door to Davy Jones.
I went to find his locker one time. Long story short, I didn't find it, and all of my gold was lost.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

😂
🍍
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Xan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:05 pm
dualstow wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:48 pmI know someone whose mother used to live next door to Davy Jones.
I went to find his locker one time. Long story short, I didn't find it, and all of my gold was lost.
Davy Jones’ Locker was the name of a bar in Waikiki. It was below the surface level of an adjoining hotel pool and you could watch people swimming while enjoying a cold beverage.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong »

vnatale wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:19 pm
GT wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:26 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... d=msedgntp

Peter Tork had tongue cancer. Nesmith was a Christian Scientist so he pretty much ignored heart problems he had been having for years.