Page 4 of 4

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 pm
by Xan
Maybe he thinks worrying about what's helpful and what isn't will only lead to mollycoddling, and the most productive thing is to call it like he sees it.

Smith, Mark has been a big fan of yours, and that is high praise. It's hard to deal with somebody you had on a pedestal falling to earth. That's not necessarily fair to the pedestal-ee, of course.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am
by Smith1776
Xan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 pm
Maybe he thinks worrying about what's helpful and what isn't will only lead to mollycoddling, and the most productive thing is to call it like he sees it.

Smith, Mark has been a big fan of yours, and that is high praise. It's hard to deal with somebody you had on a pedestal falling to earth. That's not necessarily fair to the pedestal-ee, of course.
I have been a big fan of Mark's as well. Hopefully your interpretation is the correct one.

When it rains it pours. My father is now needing to go to the hospital for a seriously bad hip. Annnnnnd my laptop just broke (bulging battery). I am facing these additional challenges head on as best I can.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:07 pm
by pp4me
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am
Xan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 pm
Maybe he thinks worrying about what's helpful and what isn't will only lead to mollycoddling, and the most productive thing is to call it like he sees it.

Smith, Mark has been a big fan of yours, and that is high praise. It's hard to deal with somebody you had on a pedestal falling to earth. That's not necessarily fair to the pedestal-ee, of course.
I have been a big fan of Mark's as well. Hopefully your interpretation is the correct one.

When it rains it pours. My father is now needing to go to the hospital for a seriously bad hip. Annnnnnd my laptop just broke (bulging battery). I am facing these additional challenges head on as best I can.
I can really sympathize with the broken laptop. That must have been very traumatic.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:14 pm
by Smith1776
pp4me wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am
Xan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 pm
Maybe he thinks worrying about what's helpful and what isn't will only lead to mollycoddling, and the most productive thing is to call it like he sees it.

Smith, Mark has been a big fan of yours, and that is high praise. It's hard to deal with somebody you had on a pedestal falling to earth. That's not necessarily fair to the pedestal-ee, of course.
I have been a big fan of Mark's as well. Hopefully your interpretation is the correct one.

When it rains it pours. My father is now needing to go to the hospital for a seriously bad hip. Annnnnnd my laptop just broke (bulging battery). I am facing these additional challenges head on as best I can.
I can really sympathize with the broken laptop. That must have been very traumatic.
Hahahahahhahaa!!!

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm
by pp4me
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:14 pm
pp4me wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 am
Xan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 pm
Maybe he thinks worrying about what's helpful and what isn't will only lead to mollycoddling, and the most productive thing is to call it like he sees it.

Smith, Mark has been a big fan of yours, and that is high praise. It's hard to deal with somebody you had on a pedestal falling to earth. That's not necessarily fair to the pedestal-ee, of course.
I have been a big fan of Mark's as well. Hopefully your interpretation is the correct one.

When it rains it pours. My father is now needing to go to the hospital for a seriously bad hip. Annnnnnd my laptop just broke (bulging battery). I am facing these additional challenges head on as best I can.
I can really sympathize with the broken laptop. That must have been very traumatic.
Hahahahahhahaa!!!
Well you obviously have retained your sense of humor so I think you'll be okay. I think I remember you were into stand-up comedy and now you are getting lots of material to use.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 pm
by dualstow
How was the gig by the way?

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:41 pm
by Smith1776
dualstow wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 pm
How was the gig by the way?
It was fun! I've got some breakup material to work with. ;D

It was a great crew to be working with too! I want to post some pictures, but since it's not only my face, that's a no go.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm
by Xan
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:41 pm
dualstow wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 pm
How was the gig by the way?
It was fun! I've got some breakup material to work with. ;D

It was a great crew to be working with too! I want to post some pictures, but since it's not only my face, that's a no go.
...what other parts of you are we talking about?!?

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:02 pm
by Smith1776
Xan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:41 pm
dualstow wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 pm
How was the gig by the way?
It was fun! I've got some breakup material to work with. ;D

It was a great crew to be working with too! I want to post some pictures, but since it's not only my face, that's a no go.
...what other parts of you are we talking about?!?
LMAO!! That reminds me of a guy's set last night.

Seriously though, I have some great and happy group photos that I'd love to share. Too bad though.

It's times like last night when I'm in creative mode that all my problems seem to disappear for a moment. It's really nice.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:24 pm
by Xan
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:02 pm
Xan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:41 pm
dualstow wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:00 pm
How was the gig by the way?
It was fun! I've got some breakup material to work with. ;D

It was a great crew to be working with too! I want to post some pictures, but since it's not only my face, that's a no go.
...what other parts of you are we talking about?!?
LMAO!! That reminds me of a guy's set last night.

Seriously though, I have some great and happy group photos that I'd love to share. Too bad though.

It's times like last night when I'm in creative mode that all my problems seem to disappear for a moment. It's really nice.
Can you blur them out? And, good for you!

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:03 pm
by Mark Leavy
Adam Smith 1776,
Unfortunately I can't easily drive to Vancouver these days. As someone hinted at earlier, some conversations are better held in person. I, very sincerely, wish you all the best.

Mark

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 pm
by Smith1776
Mark Leavy wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:03 pm
Adam Smith 1776,
Unfortunately I can't easily drive to Vancouver these days. As someone hinted at earlier, some conversations are better held in person. I, very sincerely, wish you all the best.

Mark
It's too bad... I could use a beer with a friend. :P

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:09 pm
by Smith1776
Studying now for my mutual funds license.

Hoping to make my future better than my past.

260469936_10101514039006716_6288585360951574157_n.jpg
260469936_10101514039006716_6288585360951574157_n.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 396 times

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 pm
by Smith1776
I'm devastated to report.... my father just died today.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:52 pm
by pugchief
Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 pm
I'm devastated to report.... my father just died today.
Condolences, Smithers. So sorry for your loss.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:28 pm
by Mark Leavy
Damn.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:58 pm
by dualstow
Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 pm
I'm devastated to report.... my father just died today.
God, I’m so sorry, Smith.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:30 pm
by Hal
Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 pm
I'm devastated to report.... my father just died today.
My condolences Smithy. Hopefully you used up your lifetime quota of bad luck and things improve.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:36 am
by Mountaineer
Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 pm
I'm devastated to report.... my father just died today.
Smith, I'm so sorry. You sure have had a rough road for a while.

May the peace that surpasses all understanding comfort you and yours.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:51 pm
by Smith1776
Thank you for the condolences everyone. He died in my arms of a heart attack yesterday. It was quick. It was so quick that he was gone before I even really realized what was happening. Still processing everything.

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 am
by Smith1776
One bright spot: I just passed my mutual funds licensing exam.

O0


8E49F9E0-8753-4884-9E4B-B7351DDC6438.jpeg
8E49F9E0-8753-4884-9E4B-B7351DDC6438.jpeg (133.59 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:16 am
by Smith1776
For the record, guys… I’d happily give up meagan 100 times over to have just one more day with my dad. :'(

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:42 pm
by pp4me
Smith1776 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 am
One bright spot: I just passed my mutual funds licensing exam.
Pretty damn impressive doing that while dealing with the death of your father and contemplating suicide. So focus on the former and forget the latter. "That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger" as Neitzshe said (not really true if you get terminal cancer but it's a good way to think of things any way, don't you think?)

Re: Still Here... By The Skin Of My Teeth

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:33 pm
by Dieter
Congrats! Hoping this helps turn things around for you