Attention: Mark Leavy!

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Attention: Mark Leavy!

Post by vnatale »

Today I was in another state for the FIRST time since last April!

I know you'll be impressed. And, maybe the slightest bit envious?

April I was actually in two other states than mine as part of a three state search for the Friskies canned cat food that my cats like to eat. There was a national shortage of them as there was none at all available through either Amazon or Chewy.com. So for three hours a friend and I went to many stores in three states, clearing the shelves of any cans that my three beloved cats would eat.

Today I went to Keene, New Hampshire for an 11 hour music festival performed on 7 stages. I'd been to many 3 stage festivals but 7 stages was definitely unique.

Now here is where this all fit into this forum - the libertarian portion.

Whenever you think of New Hampshire what is the first thing that comes to mind?

Me? "Live free or die!"

I don't think I have been to Keene that many times in the past and the last time was over 25 years ago. This festival was held all over downtown, from parking lots of buildings to sidewalks in front of stores. I had not remembered Keene downtown as being so built up. And, there was a lot of vehicle traffic.

I had to do a lot of street crossing to keep getting to all those 7 stages every hour or so.

First thing I did not know was if New Hampshire law was the same as Massachusetts law. That drivers had to stop for people in crosswalks. Therefore I did not know how assertive I should be when attempting to cross.

But from living in the intense suburbs I'd learned to be quite aggressive when crossing the street. I do not go by those walk / do not walk signals but, instead, look at the cars going each way and decide if I can safely make it irrespective of what the signs are saying.

I did the same thing today. However, I was shocked to see in "Live Free or Die" New Hampshire that just about everyone else was a slave to those signals. Even though no cars were moving...they'd not cross if those signals said not to cross. IT looked like I was the one Living Free while taking the risk of Dying by not obeying the signals.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Attention: Mark Leavy!

Post by Mark Leavy »

vnatale wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:37 pm Today I was in another state for the FIRST time since last April!
I know you'll be impressed.
I had to do a lot of street crossing to keep getting to all those 7 stages every hour or so.
But from living in the intense suburbs I'd learned to be quite aggressive when crossing the street. I do not go by those walk / do not walk signals but, instead, look at the cars going each way and decide if I can safely make it irrespective of what the signs are saying.
Vinny, you're a man among men. I heartily applaud you crossing the street using just your own survival instincts and ignoring the dictates of the man. You will thrive in the live free or die state. I expect to see a quarter made in your honor.

Seriously, good on you. It's the only way to live :)
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Vinny, wherever you are, I want to alert you to the fact that some joker has taken control of your account. ⚠️
Exhibit A: decisions were made without spreadsheets.
🍍
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

Vinny, I have been following your lead and arrived in a new state today. Several times I crossed against the light. But not every time.

I’m feeling strong and confident. Thank you for the inspiration.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Mark Leavy wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:37 pm
Vinny, I have been following your lead and arrived in a new state today. Several times I crossed against the light. But not every time.

I’m feeling strong and confident. Thank you for the inspiration.

I have full faith in you that soon you be able to report to us that you have been successful in doing it EVERY time!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."