Somebody please tell me this ain't so (Arrest for mere presence at capitol on 1/6)

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Somebody please tell me this ain't so (Arrest for mere presence at capitol on 1/6)

Post by Maddy »

Could somebody please chime in with additional information that would prove this report to be untrue or at least missing some relevant facts? The report would suggest that citizens are being arrested for nothing more than having been present at the Capitol building on 1/6, and that the principal "evidence" being sought in a search of their homes consists of "Trump" paraphenalia. I genuinely want to believe this is not happening.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... er-videos/
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Somebody please tell me this ain't so (Arrest for mere presence at capitol on 1/6)

Post by I Shrugged »

I personally know someone who was visited at home by two FBI agents because someone reported him as having been at the capitol. Which he was. He said the interview was cordial. But that can obviously vary by individual team and their own biases. They told him they were pulled off their regular duties in an all hands on board type of effort. He says he never went into the building, and apparently they accepted that without further ado, having no evidence to the contrary. Although he wonders if he’s now on a no fly list or the like.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Somebody please tell me this ain't so (Arrest for mere presence at capitol on 1/6)

Post by pp4me »

Of course this isn't happening. Our elected officials would never allow such a thing.

tomfoolery could not have said it before.

I have also heard stories about the people who are locked up for being part of the "insurrection" being subjected to abuse while they are awaiting trial. Not sure what happened to the right to a speedy travel but I guess it doesn't apply to insurrectionists.

Haven't heard of any one being sent to Guantanamo but I get the impression from Biden that he would like to send them there if he could. Goddamn white supremacist MAGA Trump supporters!
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Desert wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:24 pm
Charge(s):
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority

Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building

Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/defenda ... david-john

Sounds like a fortunate guy; most of us would be shot if we attempted to break into the Capitol.
Well of course they've charged him with everything from soup to nuts. The question is whether there are any additional facts or information that would support the prosecution. Exactly what was the "disorderly conduct" at issue? What particular act constituted his "violent entry?"
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

My friend said people were being allowed to go inside. He also said some of the people trying to agitate the crowd did not look right. Which anyone who has followed reports from places other than the ruling party organs has heard already.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Desert wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:24 pm
Charge(s):
Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority

Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building

Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/defenda ... david-john

Sounds like a fortunate guy; most of us would be shot if we attempted to break into the Capitol.
Not on Jan 6th. For some reason the police stood down and so did security and just let people come in and disrupt all the Congresspeople from objecting to the bizarre election results that were under dispute in at least 7 states. Remember the states where poll watchers were kicked out precincts in the Democrat cities and windows boarded up, then Biden got 130% of the remaining votes over the next week?

Lots of members of Congress were set to object to electors from those states going to Biden and list of the reasons on national TV in opposition to FOX and CNN and Facebook and YOUTUBE and GOOGLE censorship.

Then the police opened the doors and let people and they stopped the objections. If i remember they didn't even let it get through Arizona.

People were not there protesting the election results they were protesting what they believed to be widespread and obvious fraud. I am sure you don't think there was fraud Desert but that's what most of the people were there for. It looks like a lot of feds were in the crowd too leading the procession.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

There have been some videos that clearly depict the capitol police motioning a group of rally-goers into the capitol building. This squares with what a number of attendees have stated: that the doors were opened for them and that they were waved on in.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Maddy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:41 pm There have been some videos that clearly depict the capitol police motioning a group of rally-goers into the capitol building. This squares with what a number of attendees have stated: that the doors were opened for them and that they were waved on in.
And we're supposed to believe it was an attempted overthrow of the most powerful government on Earth, a bunch of middle aged unarmed white people from the midwest.

This from the Russia conspiracy media that spent 4 years trying to convince everyone of russian conspiracy hoax. The same media that says all the voting irregularities are normal and fine. Yeah, it's perfectly normal to kick out all the observers from one political party and then board up windows and keep counting for another week in violation of all election law and court orders.

Whether or not fraud took place, even a third of the Dems thought it was fraudulent. And if google let those polls slip by, maybe the number was more than 50%.

These people are political prisoners who are being made an example of. You can burn down and loot American cities in the name of a career criminal high on drugs with heart disease who dies while resisting arrest. But better not protest the media's chosen president no matter how criminal his installation appears.

Shame on Trump for not pardoning all these people. The ones who were not federal agents were there because of their love and support for him. He should never be forgiven for this.