Restrictions on Investing in Chinese Stocks

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Restrictions on Investing in Chinese Stocks

Post by Smith1776 »

Tomfoolery, I haven't been keeping up enough to know which of your posts are satirical and which are serious lol.

But speaking more generally on the issue, anything that reduces my ability to invest globally is a no-no in my book.
MB
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Restrictions on Investing in Chinese Stocks

Post by Vil »

Smith1776 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:46 pm anything that reduces my ability to invest globally
You know, it's simple as that - you just do not realize how lucky you (US and Canada guys for that matter) are in general ;D.
Can you imagine me doing my selective (used this term to keep it simple) investing in the European index Stoxx 600 - given :
-one can buy Swiss stocks only on SIX (double/cross listing was removed a couple of years ago as a result of the EU-CH tension on several matters)
-Brexit made things slightly more complicated for trading on LSE
-SEK and NOK are jumping wildly versus EUR (and one have to hedge positions, as otherwise is just gambling)
-Danish stocks aren't accessible through the usual broker I play my VP (yes, its the variable portfolio and the broker is good ol' Interactive) so I have to use another one
-I can go on and on...

So, when you talk about reduced ability to invest globally - yes, please, be my guest ... I think it really cannot go any harder for the European retail investor (and I am EU citizen, cannot imagine what a hell is for non-EU folks..)