Finding Stuff To Make You Angry?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Finding Stuff To Make You Angry?

Post by jalanlong »

CNN tends to soft peddle things. Try MSNBC. The View. They will give you the truth about what is REALLY going on. Biden may be president but this is still Trump's America in a lot of places. One man and woman (as honorable as Biden and Harris may be) cannot change the institutional racism and white supremacy that Trump brought out into the mainstream for 4 years. Those Trumpkins are still emboldened by their leader. There is still much work to do. We are all in this together.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

Biden's entire Presidency is a lie because he lost.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Please don't feed the trolls!
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

tomfoolery wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:02 pm
jalanlong wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:44 am We are all in this together.
Together we are stronger. Live together, or die alone. Something the Trumponians don’t seem to realize.
That's right, and don't ever forget that diversity is our greatest strength. The more diverse we become, the stronger we get.

Of course, I am being sarcastic. The above is a huge lie that the media feeds us because it's good for their sponsors (big business) to encourage immigration which gives them cheap labor and more consumers. In fact, in the old days, the U.S. was a melting pot, where immigration was at a slow trickle so that newcomers could become assimilated and melt into the common American culture. With the vastly larger immigration rates over the last few decades, the melting pot concept is broken, and now America is splintered into a bunch of different cultural groups. Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted. Now we are headed for big trouble, so fasten your seat belts, we will be "blessed" with interesting times.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:05 pm
tomfoolery wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:02 pm
jalanlong wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:44 am We are all in this together.
Together we are stronger. Live together, or die alone. Something the Trumponians don’t seem to realize.
That's right, and don't ever forget that diversity is our greatest strength. The more diverse we become, the stronger we get.

Of course, I am being sarcastic. The above is a huge lie that the media feeds us because it's good for their sponsors (big business) to encourage immigration which gives them cheap labor and more consumers. In fact, in the old days, the U.S. was a melting pot, where immigration was at a slow trickle so that newcomers could become assimilated and melt into the common American culture. With the vastly larger immigration rates over the last few decades, the melting pot concept is broken, and now America is splintered into a bunch of different cultural groups. Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted. Now we are headed for big trouble, so fasten your seat belts, we will be "blessed" with interesting times.
But, but, but Biden is an honest man who will never fail us. Of course, I am being sarcastic too.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

The only thing that makes me angry is that my favourite restaurant has recently stopped offering food on Uber Eats.

The political stuff? Nah. It's a comedic farce and should be treated as such.

Amen... and Awomen.
💻 DITM 📚
🛞 www.allterraininvesting.com 🛞
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm
Uber Eats and Door Dash rape the restaurants, so I refuse to use them. They make me angry.

It also makes me angry the way Canadians intentionally misspell things like favorite. :D
LOL.
💻 DITM 📚
🛞 www.allterraininvesting.com 🛞
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

tomfoolery wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 pm
MangoMan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm
Uber Eats and Door Dash rape the restaurants, so I refuse to use them. They make me angry.
I get angry when inconsiderate people misuse the word "rape" for their own purposes, which dilutes the actual meaning of rape, like when a man brushes against a women on a subway too closely.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... %3DApi&f=1

New avatar proposal for you tom. ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

Dualstow left this place for a reason.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:36 pm
jalanlong wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:44 am CNN tends to soft peddle things. Try MSNBC. The View. They will give you the truth about what is REALLY going on. Biden may be president but this is still Trump's America in a lot of places. One man and woman (as honorable as Biden and Harris may be) cannot change the institutional racism and white supremacy that Trump brought out into the mainstream for 4 years. Those Trumpkins are still emboldened by their leader. There is still much work to do. We are all in this together.
Perfect example of why, in the other thread about the forum's future, it was noted that the deterioration is largely political. I am a just right of center libertarian in every 'quiz' I take online that's supposed to tell you your political leanings, but reading the above makes me laugh so hard I can't believe how polarized this country has become. The View? Really? The idiot women on that show have zero factual anything. It's all (lousy) opinion. And MSNBC = truth? On what planet? CNN soft peddle? LOL, they are so hard core radical left it's a joke. Yet people actually believe the spew that comes from these places is fact rather than propaganda (no offense jalanlong, and you are not alone).

The media will continue to find ways to make us all angry. It's what they do, and what pays the bills.
I feel you missed the sarcasm in my original post.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Tomfoolery's method of sarcastically imitating his opponents seems to be catching on! It's getting so that every reader of this site needs to keep track of the true positions of every poster, or else it's hard to understand anything.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Xan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 pm Tomfoolery's method of sarcastically imitating his opponents seems to be catching on! It's getting so that every reader of this site needs to keep track of the true positions of every poster, or else it's hard to understand anything.
What's make it tough on everyone is no matter how ridiculous a caricature of a lefty is, it's believable as an actual lefty post. In fact the more insane it is the more it sounds like a liberal!
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

jalanlong wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:15 pm
I feel you missed the sarcasm in my original post.
What is it with you hardcore life long dem lefty blm woke antifa communists and your feeling? It's always about dem fee fees. 😂
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:15 pm
Xan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 pm Tomfoolery's method of sarcastically imitating his opponents seems to be catching on! It's getting so that every reader of this site needs to keep track of the true positions of every poster, or else it's hard to understand anything.
It's important to keep track of your own positions as well, or you might forget what you believe.
I do sometimes wonder whether you have trouble with that! :-)
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

It was mildly entertaining at first but it got tiresome a long time ago. I think it’s actually contributing to the decline of the forum so I certainly hope it’s not catching on. I’m well aware that I have the option to ignore certain posts or posters and that’s what I normally do.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

flyingpylon wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:35 am
It was mildly entertaining at first but it got tiresome a long time ago. I think it’s actually contributing to the decline of the forum so I certainly hope it’s not catching on. I’m well aware that I have the option to ignore certain posts or posters and that’s what I normally do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jThYchneZvw
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett »

flyingpylon wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:35 am
Amen. It's exhausting trying to figure out what TF's real positions are. In my opinion this is really too bad because I suspect that under all the obfuscation is an intelligent person with a lot to offer the forum.
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

. A lot of truth is said in jest
Eminem
.In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.
Winston Churchill
-Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett »

That's fine, I82, but I think it's asking a lot from the rest of us to be trying to figure out which 50% is the real person posting and which 50% is a sarcastic version.
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

barrett wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:55 am That's fine, I82, but I think it's asking a lot from the rest of us to be trying to figure out which 50% is the real person posting and which 50% is a sarcastic version.
tomfoolery is pretty simple to parse out
.if political it is satire (starting from the 2020/2021 cancel craze)
.if investing related it is toms real voice.
.if it is political about investing ...probably satire...

-Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

when jalanlong threw out some satire it was out of the blue and rather funny -- because it was unexpected and caught up a few posters.. ;D

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

l82start wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:01 am
barrett wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:55 am
That's fine, I82, but I think it's asking a lot from the rest of us to be trying to figure out which 50% is the real person posting and which 50% is a sarcastic version.

tomfoolery is pretty simple to parse out
.if political it is satire (starting from the 2020/2021 cancel craze)
.if investing related it is toms real voice.
.if it is political about investing ...probably satire...

I concur with the above...
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

it wouldn't be an investment forum if we didn't have to do a little accounting now and then... >:D

l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start »

tomfoolery wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm
l82start wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:48 pm it wouldn't be an investment forum if we didn't have to do a little accounting now and then... >:D
But not the accounting most people think of when they hear that word. We aren't accounting for dollars and cents, but instead for political ideologies and satire levels.
;D

you have been very successful !!
I for one, am now convinced you are now a true long time democrat....

if people cant appreciate the years you spent parodying the alt right libertarians on this board... well... De gustibus non est disputandum

glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

tomfoolery wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:12 pm
l82start wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:48 pm
I for one, am now convinced you are now a true long time democrat....

if people cant appreciate the years you spent parodying the alt right libertarians on this board... well... De gustibus non est disputandum
Parody is the ultimate form of flattery.
I think the quote you're looking for is:

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness" - Oscar Wilde

And yes, the irony is staggering.