whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

UFOs?

Post by whatchamacallit » Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 pm

No new topic on UFOs?

Seems hard to deny that there are UFOs now:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-milita ... 021-05-16/

I am of the mind that there are just many things we don't know about our world still or may not be able to understand. Not necessarily alien aircraft.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UFOs?

Post by Xan » Tue May 18, 2021 12:15 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 pm
No new topic on UFOs?

Seems hard to deny that there are UFOs now:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-milita ... 021-05-16/

I am of the mind that there are just many things we don't know about our world still or may not be able to understand. Not necessarily alien aircraft.
If we knew they were alien aircraft then they wouldn't be UFOs anymore.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Tue May 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Seems like over many years, the US military has been slowly declassifying bits of information about UFO sightings.

Last December, I made this post about the ex-head of Israel's space security program who made a public statement that aliens have been in communication with the US government and are in hiding until mankind is ready. He's probably lost his marbles, but it was still interesting to hear a statement like that come from a fairly high-level (former) government official.

I used to be really interested in the topic of UFOs and aliens when I was younger. One of the most interesting books I ever read on the subject is Jacques Vallee's Passport to Magonia, in which Vallee compares modern reports of UFO sightings and close encounters with much older folklore (leprechauns, gnomes, faeries, angels and demons, etc.) and finds some surprising similarities between them.

I tend to agree with Vallee that there's probably a common underlying phenomenon (some aspect of reality we don't yet fully understand) that people have been catching glimpses of throughout history -- and that the glimpses are probably filtered by the culture and technology of the people who have observed and reported them. Like viewing the same object through many different kinds of lenses.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue May 18, 2021 2:08 pm

I read Project Bluebook when I was a kid; I was fascinated with it. I think I was a si-fi nerd as a kid before the word nerd existed, or is it geek? ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue May 18, 2021 5:16 pm

I wonder if there are other universes.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm

I am the last person to believe in UFOs, but...

The thing that unnerves me the most about it is how the government seems to handle the information and treats witnesses. For example, look at the USS Nimitz incident.

You have all of the air control systems on the entire Navy Strike Carrier Group 11 that identified this (which, on the USS Princeton, they even took down, recalibrated, and brought back up to rule out a system glitch since they were testing a lot of new systems... one operator said "Once we finished all the recalibration and brought it back up, the tracks were actually sharper and clearer." The operator then ran up top and did a visual confirmation through highly magnified binoculars), you have pilots that heard all of the radio chatter, and of course you have the testimony of multiple pilots (Underwood, Fravor, Slaight, etc.) with visual identification (plus the identification through multiple F-18's onboard equipment) that were scrambled as a result. In addition, you also have their F-18 video that was leaked for the world to see. The radar operator on the Princeton said the leak was just a portion and that the video he saw was 8-10 minutes and was a lot more clear.

But then you have the 2 guys that showed up in a SH-60B helicopter from their detachment and seized the secure hard drive data recorders from the E-2 Hawkeye. You had reports of the same thing happening on the USS Princeton... two guys showed up and the chain of command said to turn over all data recordings for the AEGIS system. They also wiped clean the recorders in the Combat Engagement Center and optical drives that contained all radio communications. These seem to be more than just "rumors", the guy in charge of securing the E-2 Hawkeye data recorders and the radar operator on the Princeton both confirm it.

Something clearly happened. You have lots of credible witnesses. Hell, you have lots of physical evidence. The CIA declassified a ton of stuff a couple months ago. Same type of incidents have been going on in other countries as well. For example: https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/DOC_0005517677.pdf

Yet, the government will still make any of the witnesses from a credible sighting out to be complete wack-jobs and try to lump them in with the 99% of wack-job UFO "witnesses" that got butt-raped. Whenever a government employee speaks out they try to distance themselves by claiming that they had no involvement or a different role then claimed (despite seemingly overwhelming evidence otherwise).

You have these old UFO "non-classified" reports that show the government saying to the public "Old Willy is just a drunk who also claims he was touched inappropriately by sasquach", but then the official "classified" report from the time gets released and says "Willy is a highly credibly witness, has been a police officer for 20 years, etc.".

Not to mention you have the government denying having UFO programs at all, but then later admitting to having them. Shady AF.

Then you got Harry Reid claiming that UFO/UAP debris are allegedly in the possession of Lockheed Martin. He tried for years to get access but couldn't get the necessary clearances. Senate Majority leader is a pretty credible position.

The whole "nothing to see here... move along" narrative by the government is what makes the whole thing so damn interesting.

Crazy stuff.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 pm

My best guess is that the military treats UFO incidents as highly classified and tries to sweep them under the rug, as you described, mainly because the inability to explain such incidents suggests certain limitations in our military's capabilities. They probably consider that embarrassing and a potential security risk under the assumption that the UFOs may be advanced adversarial technology that we don't know about yet.

But I'm just speculating. It's a fascinating subject for sure.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Wed May 19, 2021 1:50 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:18 pm
My best guess is that the military treats UFO incidents as highly classified and tries to sweep them under the rug, as you described, mainly because the inability to explain such incidents suggests certain limitations in our military's capabilities. They probably consider that embarrassing and a potential security risk under the assumption that the UFOs may be advanced adversarial technology that we don't know about yet.

But I'm just speculating. It's a fascinating subject for sure.
That's what Marco Rubio said in an interview. He basically said, we better hope that it is aliens... b/c if China or Russia have this technology the US is screwed.

That radar operator on the USS Princeton said a human can survive 9 Gs and aircraft can survive 14-15 Gs before coming apart and that the UFO/UAP was calculated to have a G-force of 1,350 (over 24,000 MPH). He also said that he thinks these UAPs have always been around... but our recent developments in technology have just recently allowed us to actually detect them with our systems.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu May 20, 2021 9:58 am

ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm
Then you got Harry Reid claiming that UFO/UAP debris are allegedly in the possession of Lockheed Martin. He tried for years to get access but couldn't get the necessary clearances. Senate Majority leader is a pretty credible position.
Say what?
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 am

Here's a famous case in Australia. <cue twilight zone music>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWet8l0YtqI
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Thu May 20, 2021 11:18 am

pp4me wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:58 am
ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm
Say what?
Yea, it's crazy. The New Yorker just did a piece on it as well a couple weeks ago. Reid said:

"I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” he said. “And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that. I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021 ... -seriously

I originally saw an interview with him in that 2020 documentary "The Phenomenon" and I was like "wait, what?"

I just really hope that aliens have warmer hands than my doctor.