Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

FBI Seizes Contents of Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills

Post by flyingpylon »

From Reason.com:

The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'

"Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: FBI Seizes Contents of Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills

Post by Mark Leavy »

I saw the news awhile back, and while still disconcerting, the key differentiator here is that the facility ran anonymous deposit boxes.

I've checked out places with anonymous boxes in Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale and Vienna and the Vegas place has been raided multiple times and since shut down. Likewise the Fort Lauderdale place. The Vienna place (Das Safe) is reputable, but no longer rents anonymously.

I think renting an anonymous box is just painting a big target on your back. That is the unfortunate situation in the world today.
There are smarter ways to go about it.

But I did enjoy this reference from the article:
Dagny and her husband Howard (pseudonyms used at their request to maintain privacy during ongoing legal proceedings) ...
Glad to hear that those two fun loving kids finally got married.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Mark Leavy wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:46 pm I saw the news awhile back, and while still disconcerting, the key differentiator here is that the facility ran anonymous deposit boxes.

I've checked out places with anonymous boxes in Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale and Vienna and the Vegas place has been raided multiple times and since shut down. Likewise the Fort Lauderdale place. The Vienna place (Das Safe) is reputable, but no longer rents anonymously.

I think renting an anonymous box is just painting a big target on your back. That is the unfortunate situation in the world today.
There are smarter ways to go about it.

But I did enjoy this reference from the article:
Dagny and her husband Howard (pseudonyms used at their request to maintain privacy during ongoing legal proceedings) ...
Glad to hear that those two fun loving kids finally got married.
Hahaha.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

And this is why I warned against gold in a safe deposit box , especially if it is against bank policy like at chase