Former CDC director thinks SARS-CoV-2 escaped from a lab in Wuhan

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Former CDC director thinks SARS-CoV-2 escaped from a lab in Wuhan

Post by Tortoise »

People who claim that SARS-CoV-2 may have accidentally escaped from a lab in Wuhan used to automatically be labeled "conspiracy theorists", but now the former CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield is also making that claim.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-lab- ... -evidence/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 013982002/

Of possible relevance, in 2019 the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases -- headed by Dr. Anthony Fauci -- funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at a lab in Wuhan:

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backe ... ch-1500741

Interesting...
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Former CDC director thinks SARS-CoV-2 escaped from a lab in Wuhan

Post by glennds »

Tortoise wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm People who claim that SARS-CoV-2 may have accidentally escaped from a lab in Wuhan used to automatically be labeled "conspiracy theorists", but now the former CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield is also making that claim.

Of possible relevance, in 2019 the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases -- headed by Dr. Anthony Fauci -- funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at a lab in Wuhan:

Interesting...
Last night's episode of 60 Minutes contained a segment on this topic. They presented two scientists, one who espouses the theory that the virus came from wild animals and crossed over to humans in the wet market. The other stated the various reasons he believes it came from the Wuhan virology lab, which happens to contain the largest collection of bat viruses in the world.
Either way, the report made it clear that the Chinese government has been far from forthcoming in all of this. Worth a watch if you're interested.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

glennds wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:32 pm
Tortoise wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm People who claim that SARS-CoV-2 may have accidentally escaped from a lab in Wuhan used to automatically be labeled "conspiracy theorists", but now the former CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield is also making that claim.

Interesting...
Last night's episode of 60 Minutes contained a segment on this topic. They presented two scientists, one who espouses the theory that the virus came from wild animals and crossed over to humans in the wet market. The other stated the various reasons he believes it came from the Wuhan virology lab, which happens to contain the largest collection of bat viruses in the world.
Either way, the report made it clear that the Chinese government has been far from forthcoming in all of this. Worth a watch if you're interested.
Funny , I just sat down to watch this ...just waiting for my wife to finish the dishes
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Taken somewhere between the wet market and the lab:

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

tomfoolery wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:07 pm I stopped reading at "Former CDC Director" . . . What does the current CDC director think?
As of this morning, she's choking back tears over her "feeling of impending doom." Yes, really.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

That was the most unprofessional news interview with a supposed scientist I've seen in a very, very long time. When I looked at the data, it turns out that hospitalizations have dropped markedly, mainly in the 60 and older crowd who are now mostly vaccinated, but "cases" (i.e. positive tests) are rising. Of course they are. This is a good thing actually...if 30 million people have tested positive for COVID, probably 5 times that number now have natural immunity. That's almost half the US population.

We need a scale along the lines of the TDS stages for COVID hysteria. Whatever that scale is, she's clearly at stage 5.

I have several family members who are high stage also. The sad thing is that it includes teenagers and young adults who will be permanently scarred by this. They will expect and seek out a risk-free lifestyle and Lord only knows what kind of lives they will end up leading as a result. Community engagement? Active social life? Full time employment? Forget it. A whole lost generation with limited earning potential and a host of psychiatric issues....now that is frightening to contemplate.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Current CDC Director Walensky evidently takes the Private Hudson approach to informing the American people about Covid-19 science.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Ron Unz of the Unz Review believes there is strong circumstantial evidence that the Chinese were correct in claiming that the virus came from the U.S. A. having been intentionally released by American soldiers who were present in Wuhan.

I would file this question away along with the Kennedy assassination. It's doubtful we will ever know the truth but there will be a lot of theories along the way.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

A "feeling of impending doom" is one of the hallmark criteria for major depression. In fact, the particular phrase she used to describe her mental state comes right out of the DSM.

And this woman's pathological feelings are supposed to be the basis for national policy?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

WiseOne wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:56 am That was the most unprofessional news interview with a supposed scientist I've seen in a very, very long time. When I looked at the data, it turns out that hospitalizations have dropped markedly, mainly in the 60 and older crowd who are now mostly vaccinated, but "cases" (i.e. positive tests) are rising. Of course they are. This is a good thing actually...if 30 million people have tested positive for COVID, probably 5 times that number now have natural immunity. That's almost half the US population.

We need a scale along the lines of the TDS stages for COVID hysteria. Whatever that scale is, she's clearly at stage 5.

I have several family members who are high stage also. The sad thing is that it includes teenagers and young adults who will be permanently scarred by this. They will expect and seek out a risk-free lifestyle and Lord only knows what kind of lives they will end up leading as a result. Community engagement? Active social life? Full time employment? Forget it. A whole lost generation with limited earning potential and a host of psychiatric issues....now that is frightening to contemplate.
I know a family that has a few members who have OCD. As you might imagine, COVID is like pouring gasoline on a fire when the person is already obsessed with germs. There are young children who are not being allowed to see grandparents, not to protect the grandparents but because the kids need to be kept safe! The grandparents have to quarantine for 2 weeks if they want permission to stop and see the kids. The kids are going to be really messed up, and that's before considering that they might be inheriting OCD.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Maddy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:50 pm A "feeling of impending doom" is one of the hallmark criteria for major depression. In fact, the particular phrase she used to describe her mental state comes right out of the DSM.

And this woman's pathological feelings are supposed to be the basis for national policy?
Apparently so!

She and Fauci make a great pair, don't they? And anyway, since when has national policy ever been made on the basis of anything rational?