Post by WiseOne »

Got it dualstow!

Good luck on your flight!
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Colorado Grocery Store Mass Shooter

Post by Kbg »

I have something to add to the guys with AKs holding off a determined army comments. I actually have a master's degree on this very topic...and your statements are historically inaccurate.

First, I mentioned determined. That is a pre-requisite for what I say next. Against a determined Army/Government insurgencies have a very typical and almost always repeated life cycle.

Simply put governments can easily outlast insurgents and after about 20 years insurgencies have either A) been defeated or B) they just fade away. The B route is pretty interesting with quite a bit of documentation...it essentially work like this. Hmmm...I've been doing this for two decades, I haven't accomplished anything and I'm getting too old for this crap. I think I'd like to live a normal live now.

You will be challenged to find any exceptions to the above.

On Iraq and Afghanistan...for those who fought there, at the end of the day we all know that once OBL got his forehead painted with a Navy Seal red dot, we haven't had a compelling interest to be in either place. Now the US is no longer dependent on MidEast oil, even less so.

tf is correct in that guys with guns raise the costs sometimes greatly to government, but the historical record says at the end of the day it doesn't make a difference.

One exception...guerillas turn into an actual army and win the civil war.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Funny what humans choose to fixate their concerns on....a constantly mutating virus that has killed over half a million americans and caused lasting health issues for many millions more...not a concern. The almost infinitesimally small chance of being confronted by a mass shooter or a government invading your home.... Worth a world of fretting
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:46 am
Not at all, WiseOne. It’s on me. I get highstrung before a flight. Thank you for being patient with me.
For those who have a gun and a license to carry ( or open carry) there is no substitute.
If you have to come back late at night from the airport or move a lot of gold at once, or whatever, a bodyguard who knows how to use a gun might come in handy.

This is STILL the LAST communication from Dualstow! Tomorrow will be the 5 week anniversary since we last heard from him!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."