Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:29 pm

My daughter and 4 year old grandson came back positive today
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by dualstow » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:46 pm

A woman who sometimes works with my folks now has it. Don’t know if she’s hospitalized.
traveling...
User avatar
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Vil » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:29 pm
My daughter and 4 year old grandson came back positive today
Hope they recover soon ! Here we have approx. 130 kids hospitalized with covid pneumonias, which is quite frightening..
But of course without going personally in the stratosphere one can still believe Earth is flat (and there are no sick people). Waiting for my Pfizer shot on Monday, so let's see..
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks ....it has been picking up a bit again as we open up more and more here .

We have our second shot wed
User avatar
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:42 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm
Thanks ....it has been picking up a bit again as we open up more and more here .

We have our second shot wed
I thought that if you had the bug, you were only recommended to get the 1st shot. It seems like you might be taxing your immune system, which is already in overdrive.
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:39 am

There was speculation that one shot is good but they have not done it because the natural immunity of people is so vague with no way to really gauge it
User avatar
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by pp4me » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:35 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:42 pm
mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm
Thanks ....it has been picking up a bit again as we open up more and more here .

We have our second shot wed
I thought that if you had the bug, you were only recommended to get the 1st shot. It seems like you might be taxing your immune system, which is already in overdrive.
According to my understanding, which is worth exactly what you have paid for it, the mRNA vaccines don't actually trigger an immune response in the way that other vaccines have done. What they actually do is kind of a mystery and I have not yet read an explanation that a layman like me can understand. The simplest explanation I have read is that it inserts the genetic code for how to make the required antibodies into certain cells if needed but doesn't actually produce them. Other articles I have read have led me to believe that's not exactly true but like I said, it's kind of mysterious at this point.
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:46 pm

They dump the code in to a cell that looks like a spike protein of covid ..it gets attached to a cell receptor and taken in where it can’t reproduce but it gives the body a working sample to come up with a defense
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by vnatale » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:48 pm

pp4me wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:35 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:42 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks ....it has been picking up a bit again as we open up more and more here .

We have our second shot wed


I thought that if you had the bug, you were only recommended to get the 1st shot. It seems like you might be taxing your immune system, which is already in overdrive.


According to my understanding, which is worth exactly what you have paid for it, the mRNA vaccines don't actually trigger an immune response in the way that other vaccines have done. What they actually do is kind of a mystery and I have not yet read an explanation that a layman like me can understand. The simplest explanation I have read is that it inserts the genetic code for how to make the required antibodies into certain cells if needed but doesn't actually produce them. Other articles I have read have led me to believe that's not exactly true but like I said, it's kind of mysterious at this point.


This article may or may not answer your questions:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ed/618303/
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:19 pm

So far my daughter lost taste and smell today , a little achy ,a slight headache ....this is one week in today ...I am hoping it does not get worse ...the four year old is still fine although he is positive
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:59 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:19 pm
So far my daughter lost taste and smell today , a little achy ,a slight headache ....this is one week in today ...I am hoping it does not get worse ...the four year old is still fine although he is positive
Sorry to hear that your daughter lost taste and smell!
What was the second symptom for you after the throat tickle? Because I had that last night and today my chest is weird, although it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.
I had something like this in March or April last year but it cleared up rapidly.
traveling...
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:17 pm

The first symptoms came on about 4 hours after I finished running and was feeling perfect .

Throat tickle was Thursday late afternoon

Friday afternoon brought low grade fever

A bit more coughing ,fever ,a slight headache Saturday ..more and more coughing though

Saturday to Saturday things seemed to get worse ..basically tired , low fever and some diarrhea....coughing escalated ..

O2 levels dropping to low 90’s

Sunday , middle of the night HOLY SHIT ...all hell broke loose ..bad things coming out of every where ...I could barely stand and walk ..o2 levels in the 80’s ...wife called an ambulance .

Sunday I couldn’t even get out of the hospital bed and on oxygen 24/7 .

Confined to bed and oxygen for 14 days as I couldn’t even get up to go to the bathroom for 12 of them ...

You should go get tested
Last edited by mathjak107 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:21 pm

Ok thank you.
traveling...
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Keep in mind my wife tested negative when I tested positive even though she had a headache starting .

She started coughing and low grade fever ..tested a week later and negative....

About 9 days in same situation as me ..o2 levels plummeted, cough fever , headache and diarrhea...

She went to emergency room ..they said those tests they do at the clinics where they roll a swab around your nostrils have a lot of false negatives ...the hospital said they only use the stick that feels like it is poking your brain .

Now it showed positive...

Her o2 levels were low 90’s so she was sent home ...a day later she plunged in to the 80’s , couldn’t walk and called an ambulance...she was admitted and her room was three doors down from my room .

It was nuts ...the 300 rooms designed for single patients had over 600 covid patients in them .

It was crazy ..medical care was fabulous but when it came to personal care it was horrible...need a bed pan emptied or more water and you could wait an hour ...they were so overwhelmed
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by dualstow » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:06 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:42 pm
Keep in mind my wife tested negative when I tested positive even though she had a headache starting .
Hmm, my wife had a headache the day before my throat got weird. But she's fine now.
traveling...
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Get tested , do a pcr which is more accurate than the rapid
User avatar
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4563
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by doodle » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:25 am

Just curious, were any of you who got really sick supplementing with Vitamin D or Zinc or Vitamin C previously?
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:50 am

Zinc , but did nothing I can see..my wife was on vitamin d and zinc and nothing there either..for us I call bust
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:22 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:50 am
Zinc , but did nothing I can see..my wife was on vitamin d and zinc and nothing there either..for us I call bust
.

Well now, that’s certainly a galvanizing comment!

.
Psalm 146
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by dualstow » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:46 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:22 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:50 am
Zinc , but did nothing I can see..my wife was on vitamin d and zinc and nothing there either..for us I call bust
Well now, that’s certainly a galvanizing comment!
Zing!(k)
traveling...
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by flyingpylon » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:18 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:50 am
Zinc , but did nothing I can see..my wife was on vitamin d and zinc and nothing there either..for us I call bust
How can you know? Maybe things would have been worse!
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 pm

We were the same condition wise and I am not on vitamin d ....
Sure , nothing is ever going to be identical but I have to say MEH to what we found. Zinc was really no help in either one of us since both were on that..

I am rarely a believer in most supplements and find science rarely supports the claims
User avatar
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4563
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by doodle » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:37 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 pm
We were the same condition wise and I am not on vitamin d ....
Sure , nothing is ever going to be identical but I have to say MEH to what we found. Zinc was really no help in either one of us since both were on that..

I am rarely a believer in most supplements and find science rarely supports the claims
I think the devil is probably in the details...

Certainly vitamin deficiencies at some level do affect your immune system and ability to fight viruses.
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:47 am

doodle wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:37 pm
mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 pm
We were the same condition wise and I am not on vitamin d ....
Sure , nothing is ever going to be identical but I have to say MEH to what we found. Zinc was really no help in either one of us since both were on that..

I am rarely a believer in most supplements and find science rarely supports the claims
I think the devil is probably in the details...

Certainly vitamin deficiencies at some level do affect your immune system and ability to fight viruses.
Those deficiencies can be supplied naturally by a balanced diet not cramming with mega amounts of it artificially...there is little science that backs up the claims of most supplements which usually end up dying on the vine eventually as they fail to live up to the claims.

Supplements are big business and the more they Convince people to spend on them the more the stories come out over and over promoting other things

So I personally did the zinc and call bust .. my wife is doing vitamin d and zinc and I call bust for corona .

My sentiments exactly in this article


Pfizer makes lots of viitamins and supplements which they make a whole lot more on then spending billions to develop a vaccine .surely they would rather sell supplements if they worked as claimed

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... d-covid-19
Last edited by mathjak107 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11781
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by dualstow » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:43 am

I once pointed my parents to a documentary suggesting that supplements aren’t all that helpful, and they actually got angry while watching. It can be a nice placebo anyway. I’m still taking D because of this forum and it boosts my morale.
traveling...
Post Reply