Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Maddy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:37 pm

Excuse me if I'm putting words in anyone's mouth, but I don't believe that anyone here has taken the position that the virus is "B.S." The issue is whether this "awful" virus has created such a dire, worldwide emergency as to justify the torpedoing of the U.S. economy, the destruction of nearly half of small business, the loss of countless lives and livelihoods due to the secondary effects of shut-downs, the mental and emotional toll exacted on families (most particularly the elderly and children), the evisceration of the currency, the impoverishing of the middle and lower classes, the creation of a permanent welfare class of previously employed people, and the unprecedented infringement upon basic civil liberties from which there is unlikely to be any return.

What's B.S. is that this virus isn't "awful" enough to deter the administration from inviting hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens--9 percent of which test positive for CoVid--from streaming across the southern border. What's B.S. is that mask mandates and recreational restrictions are being touted as necessary to effectuate the "resetting" of social and economic norms. What's B.S. is that the proclaimed pandemic has effectively ushered in nearly every one of the autocratic objectives that Klaus Schwab and his ilk have been talking about for decades. What's B.S. is that the virus has been a cash cow for the usual suspects, and that it has brought unprecedented wealth, power, and control to the "one percent."
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:39 pm

All i think is without the reaction we saw deaths would have run millions more with hundreds thousands or even a few more million hospitalized..left unchecked this thing can be incredibly wicked to many ,with permanent effects even if you aren’t hospitalized
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by SomeDude » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 pm

sophie wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm
SomeDude, I really appreciate the perspective you have been bringing to the forum.

But...I must say, didn't we already answer your question when you first posed it?
I'm posing it again Sophie because weeks or a month has passed and we've seen states opening up against government push back, vaccines for pretty much anyone over 40 or who is overweight or otherwise at increased risk, and even official numbers of "active" cases plunging. I'm just wondering if people on here know people still who are actually sick now. Very few said yes a month ago. Some people said they knew someone who had been sick or knew someone who knew someone.

I'm sure at some point no one will know anyone who is sick from it. I might ask again in another month.
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Maddy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm

What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. The sad truth is that these people are well on the way to killing themselves anyway.

For this they destroyed our economy, our currency, our liberty, and our future.
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am

Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. The sad truth is that these people are well on the way to killing themselves anyway.

For this they destroyed our economy, our currency, our liberty, and our future.
You can’t even say that ..some of the most unhealthiest people are just chugging along fine with no covid
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Maddy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am
Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. . . .
You can’t even say that ..some of the most unhealthiest people are just chugging along fine with no covid
Huh?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by SomeDude » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am

Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. The sad truth is that these people are well on the way to killing themselves anyway.

For this they destroyed our economy, our currency, our liberty, and our future.
24kt gold. Now that the precedent has been set, they will try to run endless experiments on us and take away all rights in the name of protecting the elderly and obese from the flu. And people who get dopamine surges from obeying authority will lap it up.

This is why we need to break the US up. Freedom loving people get the red states in the middle with texas as the capital. I'd love to include my beloved FL if possible.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by SomeDude » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 am

Maddy wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am
Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. . . .
You can’t even say that ..some of the most unhealthiest people are just chugging along fine with no covid
Huh?
Maddy, the tallest man in the world is Chinese.
User avatar
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am

If you mean sick right now, yes, the owners and a couple key people of the small business my son works for. The owner, his wife, the right hand man, and the wife of the sales guy.

Those are the only ones I know at the moment, but I'm in an older age group so most of my contemporaries have been vaccinated.

Ironically, the right hand man had his first vax shot 10 days prior to getting sick. The owner had his first one just a day or two before catching it. They think they caught it at a restaurant, because the sales guy's wife was in the restaurant the same day but not with that group.
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:20 am

A 40 year old who manages the store next to the drum studio just died from covid ...he got from it from his 7 year old
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5831
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by vnatale » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:27 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am

Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm

What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. The sad truth is that these people are well on the way to killing themselves anyway.

For this they destroyed our economy, our currency, our liberty, and our future.


24kt gold. Now that the precedent has been set, they will try to run endless experiments on us and take away all rights in the name of protecting the elderly and obese from the flu. And people who get dopamine surges from obeying authority will lap it up.

This is why we need to break the US up. Freedom loving people get the red states in the middle with texas as the capital. I'd love to include my beloved FL if possible.


The infamous "they"! Who specifically comprises this "they". Are they working in concert? Do they have secret meetings to coordinate their activities for maximum effectiveness? How were they able to accomplish so much a year ago when we had a Republican president, senate, and supreme court - controlling 75% of the national government? And, weren't Republicans also in control of the majority of the state governors and state legislatures?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by Tortoise » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 am

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 am
Maddy wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 am
Maddy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:38 pm
What the statistics show, consistently, is that had the overweight and obese population simply lost weight, the vast majority of deaths and serious complications could have been avoided. . . .
You can’t even say that ..some of the most unhealthiest people are just chugging along fine with no covid
Huh?
Maddy, the tallest man in the world is Chinese.
Some unhealthy people aren't affected by Covid, therefore Covid doesn't disproportionately affect unhealthy people. It's called logic, people.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4390
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by sophie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 pm
sophie wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm
SomeDude, I really appreciate the perspective you have been bringing to the forum.

But...I must say, didn't we already answer your question when you first posed it?
I'm just wondering if people on here know people still who are actually sick now.
Well, now that's much clearer. However it's not what you said. Here's a direct quote from your post:

"I have yet to even meet in real life someone who said they were ever sick."

As it happens, much of my post answers your modified question, whether we know anyone who is sick AND in the hospital right now (you added that qualification a few posts back). The answer is "yes". Sorry, the virus still exists....which only detracts from what I think is your main point, that Fauci, the CDC director et al are severely overreacting. Actually they're behaving like toddlers who are afraid their pacifier is about to be taken away.
Post Reply