Post by murphy_p_t »

15 days to flatten the curve....
.... Another data point suggesting this is one big manipulation
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by SomeDude »

Supporting masks and lockdowns is an admission that you believe humans have no rights at all. It's sick. I actually think its evil even though the people doing it think it's for a noble cause. It is very evil at It's core, in spite of anyone's good intentions. It's the misguided support of very evil anti human behavior.

Lefties and authoritarians always try to claim the moral high ground against those pointing out the evil nature of their causes. The coronavirus liberty surrender in the name of saving grandma is one of their boldest attempts.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

MangoMan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:28 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:27 pm
MangoMan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:38 pm Tortoise, why do you think it is only red states that are starting to open? Trump is gone so there is no longer any reason to intentionally tank their economies.
I am not Tortoise, but IL -- HS district going full in person April 5th. Restaurants 50% or 50 people. Fans will be allowed at baseball games.

Are you saying IL is not moving fast enough? I am actually surprised how fast things are starting to move.
Well I'm disgusted by how slow things are moving in IL. I basically echo everything Mark each said above.
What can I say to that? You are basically semi-retired. Move? Really? Weather sucks. Too blue for you. State in dire financial straits.

Move. A friend of mine just did to NC.

Mark: restaurants at 50% now. School 100% in one month. Has been partial since Jan.

I will take little wins.

The stress so many people give themselves complaining about shit they can't control, or won't do something about sometimes bugs me greatly. It's a free country. You have options.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

murphy_p_t wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:38 pm 15 days to flatten the curve....
.... Another data point suggesting this is one big manipulation
Ever have an opportunity to work on a big project? You set a schedule, make plans, do shit, and then two days later something happens and the schedule completely changes?

You can't accept that Trump and others were initially too optimistic, and then knee jerked in the opposite direction?

No, it's all a conspiracy I guess.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Definitely not Stockholm syndrome here.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

murphy_p_t wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm Definitely not Stockholm syndrome here.
I've read that the average testosterone level in American men is half of what it was decades ago, for various reasons. I'll bet a huge number of them pee sitting down.

At this point i think the best thing any of us can do is refuse to wear masks and shame other men that do. The masks have to come off and we have to reclaim our humanity. This population is more fallow and pathetic than the people on V for Vendetta.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

SomeDude wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 am
murphy_p_t wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm
Definitely not Stockholm syndrome here.

I've read that the average testosterone level in American men is half of what it was decades ago, for various reasons. I'll bet a huge number of them pee sitting down.

At this point i think the best thing any of us can do is refuse to wear masks and shame other men that do. The masks have to come off and we have to reclaim our humanity. This population is more fallow and pathetic than the people on V for Vendetta.

That is difficult to do so if you are going into a peanut butter jar!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I'm sure that's not the hardest trick shot in the piss-jar world.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

And IMO, sitting on a toilet is probably beneficial to sperm counts. It's one of the few times during the day when a cell phone/laptop isn't nestled next to the scrote.

Furthermore, it's like 94% probable that the phone is in their hands displaying pictures of butt girls on IG or swiping dating apps, both probably beneficial for The Juice.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

SomeDude wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 am
Didn't you know? The Democrats took away that right a long time ago.
Except for women who identify as men, in which case they are required to stand.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

murphy_p_t wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm Definitely not Stockholm syndrome here.
Definitely not evading the question either...

Things change. New data comes in. Some people run with it. Some people pooh pooh it. The stronger personality or the stronger rationale and data wins, usually.

We all believed 15 days to slow the spread would do it, right? Well, it was totally obvious that wasn't going to work after what started happening, esp. if I recall, in New York.

You want people who've made a comment or a decision to stick to it come hell or high water? Yep, 15 days are over, let's go back to normal...

Oh, that hurts, I'm not a real man because I wear a mask. Ouch.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

Maddy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:55 pm Still evading the question. Again, what I want to know is why this virus is a four-alarm fire when it comes to Americans doing business or going to school, and it's not a problem when it's being brought in by illegals. Simple enough question--or is this indeed the "magic virus" that only becomes a problem when it breeds things like climate change and social inequality?

You can quibble about the exact numbers, but it took me about 30 seconds to find support for the proposition that a very high percentage of the people who are crossing the border illegally are infected. 6.3 percent of those tested, by one account.
​More than 100 illegal immigrants who tested positive for the coronavirus — after their arrival in Texas ​​since late January — have been released by the Border Patrol into the Lone Star State ​and are free to travel to other parts of the US, according to reports.

Felipe Romero, a spokesman for the border city of Brownsville, told Fox News that they are telling the migrants who tested positive to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to quarantine and maintain social distance, but that Brownsville doesn’t have the authority to stop them from traveling to the rest of the country.

He said the 108 positives account for 6.3 percent of the total migrants who received rapid tests at the city’s main bus terminal, a program that began on Jan. 25.

Some of the migrants described to Noticias Telemundo Investiga ​how they were tested at the border and then allowed to hit the streets despite a positive result for the coronavirus. ​​
https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/migrants- ... -released/

Why does this not have your panties in a wad?
Maddy,

How about you actually read what you post? It was not me who said hundreds of thousands were coming over the border but I did quote you.

On the Brownsville thing...yep, it appears to be true as local Texas new sources are confirming it. There is a slight wrinkle though that doesn't fit either sides' "outrage of the day" narratives. The Feds provided Texas a grant to pay for illegal alien/asylum seeker (chose your politically biased description) covid testing and Texas refused it saying it was a Federal responsibility (which it is).

So I think we can conclude the following: The feds don't care enough to resource it with federal personnel or contract help and Texas doesn't care enough to want to do the testing. My conclusion: Hypocritical politics and manufactured news...madam I am shocked, I tell you absolutely shocked!

But again, this is a COVID thread not an IMMIGRATION thread and I've already stated I personally AM NOT FOR illegal immigration.

Are we clear on this point now?
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

I'm waiting for the new data that shows masks and lockdowns are effective at something other than destroying economies and creating fear and panic.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 am I'm waiting for the new data that shows masks and lockdowns are effective at something other than destroying economies and creating fear and panic.
And you very well may get it!

The bottom line question for all of us, in a future event (hope not) is does the event justify the response?

However, in all these massive efforts, I don't know how you'll ever get a dead-on accurate response. This is a classical feedback issue in engineering. You'll overcorrect, then undercorrect, and so on until you finally get close, but that takes time.

This graph almost perfectly describes the response! There was a delay at the beginning, and then we have continually overshot and undershot responses. Would be great if we were the green line response, but that's impossible unless you know all the inputs ahead of time.

Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

Maddy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:14 pm You're totally avoiding the question. Much of the country remains locked down, with people unable to re-open businesses, unable to attend church, unable to dine out with friends. How can you, by any stretch of the imagination, reconcile that fact with the fact that hundreds of thousands of migrants from third-world countries are pouring through the border with the government's blessing? How can anybody deny that when it comes to this politically sacred cow, nobody has the slightest concern about the freaking virus--not to mention the tuberculosis, cholera, leprosy, and other lethal diseases that are coming in with them? Doesn't "the science" apply to them?
Well apparently I'm in one of those magical cones SomeDude is in in FL. Here's what's going on in my magical cone.

I went to work in my office yesterday where masks are required if in a group but not solo

I went to church on Sunday though spacing is required and masks are encouraged but not mandated

I went to breakfast Saturday to a full restaurant except for the coffee counter area.

I can't speak for the rest of the country but I hear SD is wide open TX and MS have dropped pretty much everything and my state is headed there in April. As for them libtard blue states, I don't really care. Isn't my problem. And if the majority of the state is composed of libtards they get to set the rules in the libtard states...who am I to deny them their right to mask up? If you are in a libtard state and hate being forced to mask up, move to SD, TX or MS. Or, if a MAJORITY thinks like you do then go win an election and change the rules. But in a DEMOCRACY, by definition the MAJORITY rules...so as a politician that wants to WIN an election they need to FIGURE OUT what the MAJORITY SUPPORTS. Both the left and the right can be TYRANICAL.

Maddy the above statement is actual conservatism in action of which a premise is...let local governments deal with local things and let local people hold their local leaders accountable. Republican presidents banning masks and Democratic presidents mandating masks is something actual conservatives don't approve of and understand that it is the principle of non-interference REGARDLESS of political creed that provides the greatest amount of freedom and latitude to deal effectively with LOCAL issues.
Last edited by Kbg on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

Cortopassi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am However, in all these massive efforts, I don't know how you'll ever get a dead-on accurate response. This is a classical feedback issue in engineering. You'll overcorrect, then undercorrect, and so on until you finally get close, but that takes time.
+ 1,000,000

Unless your world is fully enclosed by a paradigm then you freak out when the point isn't exactly where you think it should be immediately.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 am I'm waiting for the new data that shows masks and lockdowns are effective at something other than destroying economies and creating fear and panic.
Before Wuhan was released into the world, were cloth face masks effective at minimizing the spread of viral infection?

If government funded studies now show that masks do minimize the spread of viral infection, should they be considered suspect because they are funded by the same government spreading the panic?
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Relating to the headline topic, it is remarkable that retirement facilities which presumably had not been massively affected by Wuhan, are now seeing major outbreaks following the experimental injection at some of those facilities.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am
Before Wuhan was released into the world, were cloth face masks effective at minimizing the spread of viral infection?

If government funded studies now show that masks do minimize the spread of viral infection, should they be considered suspect because they are funded by the same government spreading the panic?
This sounds like we are rehashing the same subject again, from say, late spring 2020.

I can show you 100 studies that say yes. You can show likely show me 100 that say no.

And you can throw in all the mishandling of masks, touching, improper fit, etc. into that.

All I can say is my family and I have had nothing in the way of a cold or virus or Covid for >1 year now which is remarkable. Is it masks? Is it distancing? Not 100% sure.

Totally non-scientific here, but we were at a family birthday party last weekend. Sun was shining just right through a window to highlight a few people when they were talking. And it was plainly clear through just regular talking that they were unintentionally expelling droplets, sometimes clear across the table.

I would guess that were they wearing a mask, most of those would not have gone that distance.

So my unscientific analysis given the past year is masks seem to have some positive effect in reducing infections.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

I'm glad to hear you're in good health.

Anyone who does decide to play Fauci's roulette, I hope you do not win the Darwin prize.

I hope you don't wind up like Hank Aaron and make an unintentional statement.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Kbg wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:17 am So I think we can conclude the following: The feds don't care enough to resource it with federal personnel or contract help and Texas doesn't care enough to want to do the testing. My conclusion: Hypocritical politics and manufactured news...madam I am shocked, I tell you absolutely shocked!

But again, this is a COVID thread not an IMMIGRATION thread and I've already stated I personally AM NOT FOR illegal immigration.

Are we clear on this point now?
The point is that there are certain inescapable inferences that flow from the fact that the federal government is actually promoting the flow of infected illegals into the country. They simply don't believe their own narrative. You can't, on one hand, justify depriving people of their right to make a living on grounds that there's a public health emergency and, on the other, usher and disperse throughout the country a significantly infected population. This is pure duplicity.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Perfectly true.

The problem seems to be the people who belong to a cult, are susceptible to mass propaganda, are immune to facts and reason.

How to overcome that immunity, I wish I knew.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:38 am Perfectly true.

The problem seems to be the people who belong to a cult, are susceptible to mass propaganda, are immune to facts and reason.

We somehow need to establish a republic based on the rights of the individual over the group, since there is no such thing as group rights. The only function of the government should be to defend the rights of the individual.

Ohh wait........
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:38 am Perfectly true.

Hah Hah Hah. This thread is getting really close to naming he who shall not be named!

Like everything else, the cult thing works both sides of the aisle
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Cortopassi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:49 am
murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am
murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 am
I'm waiting for the new data that shows masks and lockdowns are effective at something other than destroying economies and creating fear and panic.

This sounds like we are rehashing the same subject again, from say, late spring 2020.

I can show you 100 studies that say yes. You can show likely show me 100 that say no.

And you can throw in all the mishandling of masks, touching, improper fit, etc. into that.

All I can say is my family and I have had nothing in the way of a cold or virus or Covid for >1 year now which is remarkable. Is it masks? Is it distancing? Not 100% sure.

Totally non-scientific here, but we were at a family birthday party last weekend. Sun was shining just right through a window to highlight a few people when they were talking. And it was plainly clear through just regular talking that they were unintentionally expelling droplets, sometimes clear across the table.

I would guess that were they wearing a mask, most of those would not have gone that distance.

So my unscientific analysis given the past year is masks seem to have some positive effect in reducing infections.

You gave me an opening for my personal experience.

Two heating service people were at my house for about 1/2 hour on Thursday, February 11, 2021. All three of us were masked the entire time.

Then almost three weeks later (last Tuesday, March 2, 2021) I started developing a sore throat. Then followed all the usual symptoms of mucus, some sneezing, some coughing.

Until then over the last year since I've been home and living a fairly isolated life I'd experienced nothing. Probably the longest streak of my life. I attributed it to having so little opportunity for other people to pass things on to me.

How did I acquire a cold (which still had symptoms) this morning while I'm just in my house? Is it possible I got something from one of those two people that stayed dormant for nearly three weeks?

As far as colds go all the symptoms were the mildest of mild. I had not tiredness and no lack of energy. I did all the things I normally do without any hindrance. Just had some annoying mild cold-like symptoms.

Remain totally baffled how I could acquire a cold while being in my house! And, none of my pets go outside to bring anything back into the house.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."