Moderator: Global Moderator

flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by flyingpylon » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:06 am

Kbg wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:15 pm
I just happen to think that if you are 45-50 or over it is one heck of a personal risk to take and most definitely you are playing small odds against large odds with your life. It's clear a substantial number of people have lost that bet.

One sharp disagreement; at this point in time I don't think the issue is complex at all. You've got a current known vs. a future unknown with a buttload of data collected from around the world.
You might be right... in a world where everyone over 45-50 is identical and vaccination status is the only variable. But just because you've chosen to oversimplify it doesn't mean it's not complex.

Just for starters, for those that have died from Covid:
  • What was the average age and how does that compare to the average lifespan?
  • Did they have comorbidities and if so which ones and how many in total?
  • Had they taken steps prior to contracting Covid to give their immune system the best chance to respond effectively?
  • Did they follow any early treatment protocols or did they sit at home until they turned blue before going to the hospital?
Of course there are many more variables that play into the vaccination decision, not to mention that some people who chose to be vaccinated also "lost that bet".
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 am

It's not complex comparatively at all.

The four factors, all duly noted. The four factors are also applicable to every disease/ailment there is.

Does this mean that because these four factors exist we are wasting time and money on specific remedies? Seems like you are implying that.

Are you familiar with factors in test design?

https://www.britannica.com/science/factor-statistics (Basic version)

http://atoifiresearch.org.sb/statsglossary (advanced version)

Medical science is well aware of how to deal with complexity...(though for sure humans screw up from time to time and/or introduce personal bias)
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:20 pm

140,000 reasons I will not be getting the Wuhan injection

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... icans.html
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:46 pm

Kbg wrote:
I just happen to think that if you are 45-50 or over it is one heck of a personal risk to take and most definitely you are playing small odds against large odds with your life. It's clear a substantial number of people have lost that bet.
If you exclude those individuals with obesity, diabetes, immune deficiency, and other substantial comorbidities, the 45-50 age group faces a near-negligible risk. So it's not just a question of oversimplifying the problem, it's one of manipulating the data by ignoring the fact that a discrete, identifiable subset of the sample is responsible for what is being erroneously attributed to the general population.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:46 pm
it's one of manipulating the data by ignoring the fact that a discrete, identifiable subset of the sample is responsible for what is being erroneously attributed to the general population.
If that guy was 20 pounds lighter, he might have survived. If she didn't have RA she might have lived. Etc.

Dead is dead. If they died 1 minute earlier than they would have because Covid hastened the death, it should be a factor, no? And if not, why not?
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:45 pm

Dead is dead. If they died 1 minute earlier than they would have because Covid hastened the death, it should be a factor, no? And if not, why not?
Because your assertion is that those of us within the specified age range are at great risk, when the truth is that only a discrete subset of individuals within that age group have anything to worry about. The fact that the virus may hasten the death of those within that susceptible subgroup does not alter the risk for the rest of us--which is darned near zero.

That is, unless you're using "woke" statistics, in which case all bets are off.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Man, you guys are rough!

The insinuation was, and correct me if I am wrong, you are fat, tough shit if Covid killed you.

I was taking that to the extreme, maybe that was wrong.

Bottom line, people in America are generally unhealthy in a lot of ways. If your position is having no sympathy for them because they maybe were at more risk of a bad Covid outcome because of that you are heartless. Sorry, no clearer way to say that.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:40 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:34 pm
Man, you guys are rough!

The insinuation was, and correct me if I am wrong, you are fat, tough shit if Covid killed you.

Bottom line, people in America are generally unhealthy in a lot of ways. If your position is having no sympathy for them because they maybe were at more risk of a bad Covid outcome because of that you are heartless. Sorry, no clearer way to say that.
I’m not sure where you got that idea. The point is that a single “one size fits all” strategy for this virus is absurd.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Anyway, to inject a bit of humour into the topic :)

From the guys who did the "DogCoin" video
https://www.fastrope.com/people-will-di ... l-control/
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:18 pm

You ever been fat, pug? I know you're a thin guy. I was fat from birth through late teens. You think these people who have weight issues want to be that way? I was perpetually on a diet.

There are so many confounding issues other than just willpower. You know that.

And you are really going to tell me that in those first months you didn't look at those news reports of people in hospital beds and even a little mentally say to yourself well, they're a fat ass, this isn't going to happen to me, I'm in great shape?
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:46 pm
Kbg wrote:
If you exclude those individuals with obesity, diabetes, immune deficiency, and other substantial comorbidities, the 45-50 age group faces a near-negligible risk. So it's not just a question of oversimplifying the problem, it's one of manipulating the data by ignoring the fact that a discrete, identifiable subset of the sample is responsible for what is being erroneously attributed to the general population.
Catch up Maddy.

Read the links I posted on factors and statistical analysis

Then go here and here

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... deaths.htm

Speaking of playing the odds. True story and of course "just" a personal anecdote. I have a very good friend who is in his early 40s. His wife is in her late 30s, extremely fit, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, long distant runner with no detectable fat on her body. Both got covid and both thought covid was way overblown. He was quite sick for the standard around 2 weeks but is basically good now. We are hoping his wife comes home this evening with oxygen tanks so she can get out of the hospital. She won't be long distance running anymore as a result of pretty serious lung damage. We had a long discussion about his wife's health and her situation a couple of nights ago. I never mentioned a thing about not being vaxed and never would to anyone in that situation. It's time for sympathy and compassion and nothing more. Let's just say they have regrets, serious regrets.

Do what you're going to do, covid is going to do what it's going to do.

Us bloviating on a PP blogsite about covid negates nothing about the essential facts of this virus.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:07 pm

Kbg wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Us bloviating on a PP blogsite about covid negates nothing about the essential facts of this virus.
That is probably the best single sentence about this whole damn situation.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:04 am

Screw the airbags and anti lock brakes. Not worth it. Safety glass…pfffft. Low risk.

That’s the argument right there. (Kinda glad I had air bags though when I was in the one and only freeway wreck of my life)
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:12 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:34 pm
Man, you guys are rough!

What in the world does the deservedness of sympathy have to do with the assessment of risk?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:29 am

Sorry, Maddy, there are so many sub discussions going on in this thread that I overstepped. Just been frustrated that I see murph posting the vaccine has actually caused 140k deaths, and my friend basically saying similar things, and I got fed up.

Maybe an analogy is appropriate. We sell a tech product that sometimes fails in the field. Some customers are great about returns, and know that tech fails. Others see us as inept idiots who have put out a shitty product. If they could see the time and effort we put in the lab to try to analyze failures and fix issues and ultimately get to a better product, I think they would change their attitude.

I try to put myself in the shoes of the scientists who have developed these vaccines. Now, I am not saying as you go up the chain in these companies that management isn't trying to put on a good spin to the data they are putting out. Of course they do. But when I think about individual scientists, who have dedicated their lives to this kind of research only to have a wide swath of America think their work either is useless, or even actually kills more people than it helps, that gets to me.

I have a hard time separating out the apparent fact that many/most people who are severely affected by Covid are otherwise compromised, and that people have less sympathy for them because they didn't follow perfect lifestyle choices or actually followed their doctor and standard American diet recommendations and were screwed by both.

I regret any statements that you and others here don't have sympathy for those who died, but I hope you can see how I got there.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:44 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:32 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:29 am

I try to put myself in the shoes of the scientists who have developed these vaccines. Now, I am not saying as you go up the chain in these companies that management isn't trying to put on a good spin to the data they are putting out. Of course they do. But when I think about individual scientists, who have dedicated their lives to this kind of research only to have a wide swath of America think their work either is useless, or even actually kills more people than it helps, that gets to me.
The scientists are likely brilliant. But for goodness sake, follow the money. Politicians and corporate bigwigs are getting wildly richer. Even commie AOC thinks pols should not be allowed to invest in anything but index funds.
I am sure some are. But, it is one thing to say (not saying you are) follow the money, all these palms were greased to cover up a non-working vaccine, vs. all these palms were greased to speed it through, but it still is a groundbreaking vaccine with an amazing potential for future uses as well.

Another analogy would be military spending. Amazing amount of overspending and greasing. But we got some damn good working weapons, planes, ships, etc. out if it.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Sorry, Maddy, there are so many sub discussions going on in this thread that I overstepped. Just been frustrated that I see murph posting the vaccine has actually caused 140k deaths, and my friend basically saying similar things, and I got fed up.

Maybe an analogy is appropriate. We sell a tech product that sometimes fails in the field. Some customers are great about returns, and know that tech fails. Others see us as inept idiots who have put out a shitty product. If they could see the time and effort we put in the lab to try to analyze failures and fix issues and ultimately get to a better product, I think they would change their attitude.

I have a hard time separating out the apparent fact that many/most people who are severely affected by Covid are otherwise compromised, and that people have less sympathy for them because they didn't follow perfect lifestyle choices or actually followed their doctor and standard American diet recommendations and were screwed by both.

I regret any statements that you and others here don't have sympathy for those who died, but I hope you can see how I got there.
I hear a lot of emotionalism here. In my opinion, emotionalism makes it very difficult for people to remain objective regarding the facts.... Especially those that contradict their preconceived notions. That includes the preconceived notion that the pharma industry puts the benefit of the recipients of its products above all other concerns. That includes the preconceived notion that a computer salesman, who has publicly stated he wants to dramatically reduce global population, has the general public's best interest at heart.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Since we're dealing in anecdotes, here's the latest installment...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/baby- ... rs-report/
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:28 pm

Let's hear directly from a scientist involved in the development of mRNA technology....

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fully ... echnology/

Fully vaccinated are COVID ‘super-spreaders,’ says inventor of mRNA technology
On the latest episode of 'The Hidden Gateway' podcast, Dr. Robert Malone, recognized for his role in inventing mRNA vaccine technology, said, 'The idea that if you have a workplace where everybody's vaccinated, you're not going to have virus spread is totally false. A total lie.'
johnnywitt

Post by johnnywitt » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Kbg wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:04 am
Screw the airbags and anti lock brakes. Not worth it. Safety glass…pfffft. Low risk.

That’s the argument right there. (Kinda glad I had air bags though when I was in the one and only freeway wreck of my life)
I value freedom over safety.

Covid is way overblown, and the vaccine is likely more dangerous than the Gain of Function Virus that we taxpayers partially funded ILLEGALLY. Here you have the vaccine companies that won't release the data for 75yrs on so called vaccines that that were partially funded with billions of our tax dollars, and you have POS like Fauci and the CEO's of Pfizer and Moderna making 10's of billions for a vaccine that neither prevents transmission or contraction of the virus (the CDC had to change the definition of a vaccine like 3 times already). The level of coercion in mandating this thing is awfully suspicious as well.
What is really amazing to me is the super smart people that I know that are buying this Covid bunk hook line and sinker. I think that the propaganda has been stellar. Dr. Goebbels would be proud here. When I first heard about the vaccine (that came out like 30 seconds after Covid hit) even I knew that you can't vaccinate against a Corona Virus. Look, now we have the latest Scarient and sure enough, it is way less deadly, but far more transmissible. I know people die of Covid and there are Long Haulers and all that, but 60k die of the regular flu every year and we don't go all batshit about that and mask up with cloth masks that do exactly Dick All to prevent viral transmission. People really are a bunch of F*cktards!
We have also absolutely obliterated regular people's lives with our reaction to this virus- from the children to all the SME's. All so the Large Multinationals and their paid off minions that run things can eliminate competition, consolidate power and finish off what's left of individual freedom and complete their absolute global power grab. We had massive wealth inequality before, but now you pretty much have to go back to feudalism to get the levels we have now. I saw a little baby in a stroller the other day and this kid is probably going to have problems with reading facial expressions and non-verbal cues for the rest of his life. These Fascists don't care though because they are nothing but despots like a Stalin or Hitler who think nothing of killing literally millions of their own people.
People need to wake the f*ck up before it's too late, if we haven't already crossed the Rubicon.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:00 pm

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Following up on Johnnywitts excellent post, what's perhaps even more disappointing is that today every single person has the ability to seek out independent voices and credible opinions which expose the covidian dictatorship for what it is.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:10 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Cortopassi wrote:

The scientists are likely brilliant. But for goodness sake, follow the money. Politicians and corporate bigwigs are getting wildly richer. Even commie AOC thinks pols should not be allowed to invest in anything but index funds.

I had not known that! But it seems like a brilliant idea to me!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:15 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:36 pm

I hear a lot of emotionalism here. In my opinion, emotionalism makes it very difficult for people to remain objective regarding the facts.... Especially those that contradict their preconceived notions. That includes the preconceived notion that the pharma industry puts the benefit of the recipients of its products above all other concerns. That includes the preconceived notion that a computer salesman, who has publicly stated he wants to dramatically reduce global population, has the general public's best interest at heart.

Two questions for you ....

1) What percentage of the American population do you think are UNAWARE that the pharmaceutical was DIRECTLY responsible for the opioid crisis in its quest for profits?

2) Of those that are aware what percentage to you think fit your description above?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:20 pm

johnnywitt wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Kbg wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:04 am

I value freedom over safety.

Covid is way overblown, and the vaccine is likely more dangerous than the Gain of Function Virus that we taxpayers partially funded ILLEGALLY. Here you have the vaccine companies that won't release the data for 75yrs on so called vaccines that that were partially funded with billions of our tax dollars, and you have POS like Fauci and the CEO's of Pfizer and Moderna making 10's of billions for a vaccine that neither prevents transmission or contraction of the virus (the CDC had to change the definition of a vaccine like 3 times already). The level of coercion in mandating this thing is awfully suspicious as well.
What is really amazing to me is the super smart people that I know that are buying this Covid bunk hook line and sinker. I think that the propaganda has been stellar. Dr. Goebbels would be proud here. When I first heard about the vaccine (that came out like 30 seconds after Covid hit) even I knew that you can't vaccinate against a Corona Virus. Look, now we have the latest Scarient and sure enough, it is way less deadly, but far more transmissible. I know people die of Covid and there are Long Haulers and all that, but 60k die of the regular flu every year and we don't go all batshit about that and mask up with cloth masks that do exactly Dick All to prevent viral transmission. People really are a bunch of F*cktards!
We have also absolutely obliterated regular people's lives with our reaction to this virus- from the children to all the SME's. All so the Large Multinationals and their paid off minions that run things can eliminate competition, consolidate power and finish off what's left of individual freedom and complete their absolute global power grab. We had massive wealth inequality before, but now you pretty much have to go back to feudalism to get the levels we have now. I saw a little baby in a stroller the other day and this kid is probably going to have problems with reading facial expressions and non-verbal cues for the rest of his life. These Fascists don't care though because they are nothing but despots like a Stalin or Hitler who think nothing of killing literally millions of their own people.
People need to wake the f*ck up before it's too late, if we haven't already crossed the Rubicon.

What is also amazing is how the people on the other side of you find it amazing that someone like you believe all that you do regarding this topic.

Seems that presented with the same set of "facts" super smart people bring different experiences and biases and analyses to arrive at totally opposite conclusions.

I guess it might be no different from going to more than one professional - doctor, accountant, lawyer - and getting opposite "expert" opinions from them.