Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by jalanlong » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:26 am

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 5605718021

Anyone see the "medical expert" on CNN who said that life needs to get hard for those who choose to not get vaccinated?
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:43 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:05 am
stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:41 am
What I make of these reports is that they are very vague.

Ok, there are 1,000+ cases.

How many of those "cases" are people that actually show any symptoms? You see that the reports don't tell us that, do they?

How many of the cases were among people who were vaccinated versus unvaccinated? Again, these so-called reports don't tell us, do they?

How many hospitalizations and deaths are involved among these "cases"? Again, not reported.

How do those rates of hospitalization and death compare to the common flu? Again, not reported.

What were the age and comorbidity profiles of those hospitalized or dead? Again, not reported, but presumably 99.99% of the people were over 75 years old and/or had a comorbidity.

If you guys can't see by now that all of this stuff is just propaganda trying to scare people, I don't know what to tell you. Mind you, I don't think Covid was some sort of grand plan to start with. I think it is an actual disease, but the response was overblown and mismanaged (never let a good crisis go to waste, you know), and now the powers that be are just trying to cover their tracks. Why was the response overblown and mismanaged? That's easy ... because it benefited big business. They were able to get Trump out of office and put small businesses out of business at the same time - a win, win for them.
I agree that there is a propaganda aspect to this to get people to take the vaccine.

But to most of your questions, doesn't the article statement "Over 99% of the COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths we are seeing are among unvaccinated individuals," answer those??

And I would think by this time, 1.5 years in, that unless there is still surveillance testing, that cases are mainly people who feel ill and want to see what they have?
Ok, I missed that statement, which does appear to answer my second question, but I don't see how it answers my other questions. Is it just me, or does the way the statement is worded seem strange? The phrase "we are seeing" doesn't engender great confidence in the certainty.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:58 pm

stuper1 wrote:

How many of those "cases" are people that actually show any symptoms? You see that the reports don't tell us that, do they?

How many of the cases were among people who were vaccinated versus unvaccinated? Again, these so-called reports don't tell us, do they?

How many hospitalizations and deaths are involved among these "cases"? Again, not reported.

How do those rates of hospitalization and death compare to the common flu? Again, not reported.

What were the age and comorbidity profiles of those hospitalized or dead? Again, not reported, but presumably 99.99% of the people were over 75 years old and/or had a comorbidity.

If you guys can't see by now that all of this stuff is just propaganda trying to scare people, I don't know what to tell you. Mind you, I don't think Covid was some sort of grand plan to start with. I think it is an actual disease, but the response was overblown and mismanaged (never let a good crisis go to waste, you know), and now the powers that be are just trying to cover their tracks. Why was the response overblown and mismanaged? That's easy ... because it benefited big business. They were able to get Trump out of office and put small businesses out of business at the same time - a win, win for them.
Are vaccinated people still being subjected to tests? I thought the vaccine didn't prevent you from testing positive.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:59 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:34 am
Just occurred to me...wouldn't there be a testing bias at work here?

If you're vaccinated against COVID and you get sick, wouldn't you be less likely to run out and get a COVID test than if you're unvaccinated? And wouldn't your employer be less likely to require random and exposure-based testing?

Hospitalizations and deaths I can believe are more common among the unvaccinated, but...cases??? The vaccines don't prevent infection, so asymptomatic cases (yes I know, that's an oxymoron) should be just as common in the vaccinated population. And there should be a measurable percentage of cases with mild illness among the vaccinated population, as well. So I'm not sure the "99%+" is believable.
Ahhhh.....iAhhhh.....i should read your posts before i post.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:46 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:58 pm
stuper1 wrote:

Are vaccinated people still being subjected to tests? I thought the vaccine didn't prevent you from testing positive.
Admittedly I know very little about this stuff, but if you get the vaccine would you automatically test positive for Covid at least for a certain period of time if you were tested? Meaning that, yes, they wouldn't be testing vaccinated people at all?
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:20 am
Just asking a question here, now that we sort of have another nation-wide experiment. What do you all who won't get vaccinated make of these reports that have been coming out? And I'd ask please don't just brush it aside that it's all part of the grand plan or something.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if more people who had safety concerns about the "vaccines" were made aware of alternative strategies. Unfortunately the official line is "all vaccines all the time" which leads people to say "okay then, no thanks" (among other things). Information about options that are safe and show a high degree of efficacy is being suppressed.

The emphasis is not on following the science, ending the pandemic, and eradicating SARS-COV-2 by any means possible. It's on inoculating 100% of the population with novel "vaccines" come hell or high water. That's unfortunate.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 pm

Masking and distancing forever seem to be the other option. No thanks!
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Xan wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Or, you know, you could not get the vaccine and not mask and not distance. And you takes your chances.

Meanwhile, those who have opted for the vaccine aren't in any danger. Unless you are a vaccine denier.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Okay, but "nothing" probably isn't an alternative strategy that flyingpylon was talking about.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Xan wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:52 pm
Okay, but "nothing" probably isn't an alternative strategy that flyingpylon was talking about.
I wouldn’t call it nothing. I would call it using my body’s natural immune system.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Okay, but I'm responding to this:
flyingpylon wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:12 pm
It would be interesting to see what would happen if more people who had safety concerns about the "vaccines" were made aware of alternative strategies.
I'm assuming that regardless of whether you call it "nothing" or "using the body's natural immune system", it isn't something that needs an awareness campaign.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:57 pm

There have been over 1000 replies to this topic.
At this point, who cares what you think? Besides you? I know that might be hard to accept.

OK carry on.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:03 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:57 pm
At this point, who cares what you think? Besides you? I know that might be hard to accept.

OK carry on.
Are you replying to me specifically or the general "you"?
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:40 am
WiseOne wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:34 am

Hospitalizations and deaths I can believe are more common among the unvaccinated, but...cases???
Not taking a side on this, but isn't that the point of getting the jab? To not end up in the hospital or dead?
It's why I opted to get it, but the most often stated reason is "to get back to normal". Whatever that means. The vaccines will not eradicate COVID and it remains to be seen what will happen with the expected surge of infections next winter. The current absence of hospitalizations/deaths happened last summer too, once the introductory wave had passed.

Anyway, my point was that if only people who aren't vaccinated are tested, then sure of course 99% of cases will be from the non-vaccinated. Next misleading statistic please?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:47 pm
Xan wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Or, you know, you could not get the vaccine and not mask and not distance. And you takes your chances.
I chose door number 3 for my family. In fact i don't know a single family member who got vaxxed besides my wife's 82 year old father and he's complete certified hypochondriac. Fear of covid has been fun for him.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:18 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm

Anyway, my point was that if only people who aren't vaccinated are tested, then sure of course 99% of cases will be from the non-vaccinated. Next misleading statistic please?
You don't know that, right? And no one has tried answering my question -- those who haven't gotten vaccinated are those who generally aren't worried about it and/or more worried about the vaccine -- so aren't those the same people who wouldn't bother getting tested -- unless they felt really bad or worried?

As time goes on, if you believe the data that's out there (and I know with this group that's a big if) we'll see how cases/hospitalizations/deaths roll between vaccinated and not. Pretty black and white stats this time, in my opinion,
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 pm

"We have now a whistleblower inside the CMS, and we have two whistleblowers within the CDC. And those are being developed right now in order to get this out. So, we’re looking at 10x. We think we have 50,000 dead Americans. 50,000. So, we actually have more deaths due to the vaccine per day, than certainly the viral illness, by far."

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/emine ... -in-the-us
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:59 am

It's been shown, repeatedly now, that these PCR tests are about as accurate a diagnostic tool as is a divining rod. Manipulate the cycle count, as they routinely do, and you can get any result you want.

As they say, "Garbage in, garbage out."
Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:18 pm
As time goes on, if you believe the data that's out there (and I know with this group that's a big if) we'll see how cases/hospitalizations/deaths roll between vaccinated and not. Pretty black and white stats this time, in my opinion,
Here's what's "black and white" about the data: Earlier this year, I had a lengthy conversation with a local funeral home director with whom I was doing business. She stated, point blank, that the death certificates upon which the statistics are all based were routinely being "dummied up." She implied that there was big money attached to this.

All this should be enough to convince any thinking person that there is absolutely nothing in the way of actual science to support the current fearmongering. Hide under the covers, if you like, but you're operating in the realm of fantasy, not science.
Last edited by Maddy on Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:09 am

Yes. Thank you for the reminder, it's difficult to remember the multitude of deceptions we've been subjected to these past 18 months.

Additionally, as I recall, there is no scientific proof of asymptomatic spread of Wuhan. Thus, negating the whole premise of testing people who show no illness.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:01 am

Maddy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:59 am
It's been shown, repeatedly now, that these PCR tests are about as accurate a diagnostic tool as is a divining rod. Manipulate the cycle count, as they routinely do, and you can get any result you want.

As they say, "Garbage in, garbage out."
Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:18 pm
Here's what's "black and white" about the data: Earlier this year, I had a lengthy conversation with a local funeral home director with whom I was doing business. She stated, point blank, that the death certificates upon which the statistics are all based were routinely being "dummied up." She implied that there was big money attached to this.

All this should be enough to convince any thinking person that there is absolutely nothing in the way of actual science to support the current fearmongering. Hide under the covers, if you like, but you're operating in the realm of fantasy, not science.
Are they filthy rich with all the massive amounts of dead from the virus?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:42 am

Xan wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:03 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:57 pm

OK carry on.
Are you replying to me specifically or the general "you"?
Just everyone. I was having a bad night, lol.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am

Concerning this thread...

This is an HB inspired board. The vaccine is out, people of any opinion on the issue can make their choice and deal with the consequences whatever they may be poked or not poked. Let freedom ring.

Aren't y'all completely bored of this topic?

Let's all click on this link and sing together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:23 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:09 am
Yes. Thank you for the reminder, it's difficult to remember the multitude of deceptions we've been subjected to these past 18 months.

Additionally, as I recall, there is no scientific proof of asymptomatic spread of Wuhan. Thus, negating the whole premise of testing people who show no illness.
There is presymptomatic spread though - where someone who is just getting sick but hasn't yet registered the fact has passed it on to someone else. That has happened to people on this forum in fact.

My issue with "cases" is that a large proportion of them are subclinical, meaning that you are exposed to the virus but never develop any clinical symptoms. A large proportion of the population is probably in this category, because the number of such "cases" outnumbers clinical cases by something like a factor of 10 or even 20. This is based on the experience with the cruise ship and military ship early on, where everyone was certainly exposed but only a small fraction developed symptoms, and random antibody test surveys done in New York and Santa Clara county in California. Based on this info, if you test indiscriminately it suggests that the percentage of "cases" that are subclinical (and don't meet the medical definition of "case") could be as high as 90%. That's why Maddy and I are complaining about press fear-mongering.

This was an early indication that the virus was never going to be that much of a problem, once the painful introduction into a naive population was past. By last May, one fifth of the population in NYC had already been exposed to the virus. By now, virtually everyone probably has been. I still maintain that if we didn't have that PCR test for COVID, there would currently be very little indication that anything unusual is happening here in NYC - and it's not clear that the vaccine had any impact on a population level, compared to the natural history. If the nursing homes hadn't already been hit the way they were, the vaccine would certainly have helped prevent that big wave last March, but of course it's too late for that now.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:28 am

WiseOne wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:23 am
I still maintain that if we didn't have that PCR test for COVID, there would currently be very little indication that anything unusual is happening here in NYC
I had the cure over a year ago. 1. No government infringement on our rights. 2. No testing, at least not on healthy people.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am

Kbg wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am
The vaccine is out, people of any opinion on the issue can make their choice and deal with the consequences whatever they may be poked or not poked. Let freedom ring.
If it were as simple as personal choice then I would agree. But in the last week I have seen two different "medical experts" on CNN (not a fringe news site) say that the US needs to make vaccinations mandatory and that life for people who decline the vaccination should be made as hard as possible. Not to be outdone, in the last few days the White House has thrown out going door-to-door and monitoring text messages to dispel "vaccine misinformation." That doesn't count the dozens of average citizens who have gone on social media to claim anyone who has not taken the vaccine is an extremist and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

If they will let me be without my vaccine then I will gladly move on. Is that a deal?