Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by dualstow » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:49 pm

My initial was that it was Italian because a lot of Italian names begin with "De"...but my mother had taught me that Italian names ended in a vowel. So I was surprised to find out that he is Italian.
They don’t have to end in a vowel. I’m sure Mark Leavy knows all about this. I’ve got a friend from the Veneto region whose name ends in ‘n’.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm

"De" isn't exclusively Italian, either. Paul deJong (pronounced basically "De Young") plays on the St Louis Cardinals. I know other folks with that name who render it "De Young". I don't think that particular name is Italian at all.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 am

ivm.jpeg
ivm.jpeg (278.82 KiB) Viewed 3497 times
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 am
ivm.jpeg
I know some fact checkers, like Politifact, tend to be themselves dead wrong, and lacking in facts.
But, for what it’s worth (@Vinny: fwiw)
Japan has not substituted ivermectin for COVID-19 vaccines
An article published this week by a conservative radio host recirculated a months old false claim that Japan has halted the use of coronavirus vaccines in favor of using the parasite drug ivermectin, and that the switch has led to the eradication of coronavirus cases.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-079183409501

In 2011, Ivermectin was called a “wonder drug from Japan”, for other ailments.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21321478/
RIP Marcello Gandini
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 am

dualstow wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 am
murphy_p_t wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 am
ivm.jpeg
I know some fact checkers, like Politifact, tend to be themselves dead wrong, and lacking in facts.
But, for what it’s worth (@Vinny: fwiw)
Japan has not substituted ivermectin for COVID-19 vaccines
An article published this week by a conservative radio host recirculated a months old false claim that Japan has halted the use of coronavirus vaccines in favor of using the parasite drug ivermectin, and that the switch has led to the eradication of coronavirus cases.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-079183409501

In 2011, Ivermectin was called a “wonder drug from Japan”, for other ailments.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21321478/
Most of the actual doctors recommending ivermectin as part of an early treatment strategy are not saying it's a direct substitute for vaccines.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 am

Yeah, they probably don't want to be "canceled" by the State board of health.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:07 pm

I'm comfortable with sharing a doctor Kory post without further vetting
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:07 pm

This provoked me to find out more about him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Kory

Reviewing "Medical education and career"...fairly impressive. But then reading this section....not so impressive...

Early in the COVID-19 pandemic, Kory advocated for using increasing doses of steroids and anticoagulants for hospitalized people with COVID-19, at a time when the general recommendation was merely for supportive care.[6] Kory sees subsequent evidence from the RECOVERY Trial, which showed benefit from lower doses of corticosteroids, as vindicating his approach; medical researcher Kevin J. Tracey has said it is still unknown whether Kory's approach was beneficial or harmful. Kory has used other drugs off-label in his treatment regimens, including famotidine and intravenous vitamin C.[6] Kory gave testimony as a guest of U.S. Senator Ron Johnson at a May 5, 2020, Senate hearing in which he called for use of steroids in COVID-19 patients.[5][7] He resigned from UW Health in May out of frustration of its reluctance to implement such measures.[6][8]

Kory is president and co-founder of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC),[a] a small U.S. organization of physicians and former journalists formed in April 2020 that advocates for ineffective COVID-19 treatments, including ivermectin.[9][1][2][10] The FLCCC falsely states that ivermectin reduces viral load and accelerates recovery in patients, while the World Health Organization, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and European Medicines Agency advise against the use of ivermectin outside of clinical trials.[11][12][13]

On December 8, 2020, Kory was a witness at a Senate hearing called by the US Senate Homeland Security Committee Chair Ron Johnson,[14] which was criticized as promoting fringe ideas about COVID-19.[15] Kory described ivermectin as "miraculous" and as a "wonder drug" to be used against COVID-19. Video footage of his statements went viral on social media, receiving over one million views within a few days.[3] Kory became a leading advocate of the use of ivermectin throughout the pandemic, promoting a conspiracy theory that its true effectiveness was being suppressed by the "Gods of Science" who wanted to monopolize scientific information.[16] Kory resigned from Aurora St Luke's afterwards, claiming new contracts threatened to limit his freedom to speak.[7][8]

In November 2021 the Journal of Intensive Care Medicine retracted a paper written by Kory, Paul E. Marik, and others. The retraction was triggered when it was found the paper misreported the mortality figures of people treated for COVID-19 with the FLCCC's "MATH+" protocol, falsely making it appear to be an effective treatment.[17][18]
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 pm

Desert wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:47 pm
The Tokyo/Ivermectin post is utter nonsense. Ivermectin is not widely used in Japan to treat Covid. They are doing some studies on Ivermectin, but to claim that the Covid numbers declining are due to Ivermectin use is simply false.

There is a lot of disinformation out there. One can just spread it around and compound the problem, or actually take a few minutes to check the facts first.

murphy_p_t wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:07 pm

I believe that Desert's point was that you shouldn't be.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:17 pm

I think the American political center is fully fed up with bomb throwers of both parties.

Bernie, Warren, Harris = a loss for the dems

Trump, DeSantis = a loss for the reps

This is also why Biden will lose if he runs again...a definite bait and switch by the D party which has not been appreciated by voters.

The above assumes the two parties don't pull a 2016 where both candidates made the center want to barf. Don't put it past them though.

You heard it hear first.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Desert wrote:
There is a lot of disinformation out there. One can just spread it around and compound the problem, or actually take a few minutes to check the facts first.
Where do you propose one should go to "check the facts"?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:00 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:05 pm
Desert wrote:
Feel free to PM me. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am

https://thecovidblog.com/2021/11/17/rea ... xpectedly/

Many more reasons I won't be getting the death jab... Too many coincidences.

Do these reports give any of the vax enthusiasts pause? Or rather, why don't these widely available reports give the enthusiasts pause?
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:49 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am
https://thecovidblog.com/2021/11/17/rea ... xpectedly/

Many more reasons I won't be getting the death jab... Too many coincidences.

Do these reports give any of the vax enthusiasts pause? Or rather, why don't these widely available reports give the enthusiasts pause?
Murph,

We've all made up our minds by now. No need to further convince us of your righteous stand on the vax.

As my wife says...go, do you.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:44 am

My two cents, Ivermectin is the current anti-vax drug topic of choice, right? And the man/govt is holding it down because it is cheap and effective, right?

Then why are there 81 ongoing and completed trials on Ivermectin? https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resu ... rch=Search

Also, why is there a story like this, about a cheap drug found in 1881 looking promising for severe Covid? Why isn't the man tamping down this drug?

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2021/11 ... 637676069/

I am seeing a whole group of people believing the government is out to get them in every which way and manner and it just isn't true across the board. I have multiple friends who are firmly down this road, and I would have thought by now some would have snapped back to some level of reality, but it only seems to be getting worse. :(

I know some of you will tell me I am the one not living in reality.

Snippet:

A small, randomized phase 2 clinical trial of disulfiram in patients with moderate COVID-19 is nearing completion, and another is underway. Sander and colleagues hope their study will lead to large international phase 3 trials of the drug.

If disulfiram proves to be effective, it could be added to the growing number of options to fight COVID-19, the researchers said.

They noted that disulfiram has been prescribed for more than 60 years as a treatment for alcoholism, and that it's safe, inexpensive, familiar to physicians, and widely used in many countries.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:29 pm

I can confidently say it won't be one of the outlets in this montage, has it relates to clotshot injuries and deaths.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... c_cnn.html#!
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:44 pm

Desert wrote:
The Tokyo/Ivermectin post is utter nonsense. Ivermectin is not widely used in Japan to treat Covid. They are doing some studies on Ivermectin, but to claim that the Covid numbers declining are due to Ivermectin use is simply false.
Here's a good article on Japan (from 3-4 days ago) and their super high rate of vaccination after a slow start:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59342308

From the link:

"But it's not just the logistical turnaround that's been a surprise; it's how willing Japanese people have been to get the vaccines. In the over-80 age group, 95% have now had their shots - no sign of vaccine hesitancy there."

Not only have the Japanese gotten vaccinated at one of the highest rates in the world, they also tend to not be obese (I was last there in 2003 so someone please correct me if that has changed dramatically). So they are doing a lot right; cutting down or at least muting vectors, taking care of their bodies, etc.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 pm
Desert wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:03 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Desert wrote:
Google is your friend here. You can look up many articles and papers describing the Covid situation in Japan. It's true that the Covid situation has dramatically improved recently. It's also true that Ivermectin is not widely used in Japan. Avoid the obvious crackpots like the tweeter above. I generally go with the "boring" written news sources, including AP, Reuters, etc. as a first cut, then dig deeper if necessary.
Google is not your friend. They actively suppress results that don't fit their left wing viewpoint. Use Duck Duck Go.

As far as AP and Reuters, they are better than CNN, Fox, NPR and MSNBC, but have also shown bias. Caveat Emptor.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/bill-gate ... ia-outlets

What do you suppose the agenda of a top clot shot salesman is with this action?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:18 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Desert wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:03 pm

flyingpylon wrote:

Desert wrote:

Google is your friend here. You can look up many articles and papers describing the Covid situation in Japan. It's true that the Covid situation has dramatically improved recently. It's also true that Ivermectin is not widely used in Japan. Avoid the obvious crackpots like the tweeter above. I generally go with the "boring" written news sources, including AP, Reuters, etc. as a first cut, then dig deeper if necessary.

Google is not your friend. They actively suppress results that don't fit their left wing viewpoint. Use Duck Duck Go.

As far as AP and Reuters, they are better than CNN, Fox, NPR and MSNBC, but have also shown bias. Caveat Emptor.

I know that on the basis of my recommendation you gave Bing a fair evaluation and found it lacking (to Google?). Did you find that it also suppressed results and had a bias? I have not noticed either. I've not used Google for a long, long, long time.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:23 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 pm
It would be really awesome if some organization could just report the facts, without any opinion or bias. Not holding my breath.
If I were insanely rich that would be my gift to America...not holding mine either.

For the record though, government websites with data I think are excellent sources of information. The vast majority of commercial news organizations just plain suck, lie or are so biased as to be useless...including clickbait websites feeding a particular worldview to create that satisfying echo chamber so many seem to enjoy these days.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:44 am
My two cents, Ivermectin is the current anti-vax drug topic of choice, right? And the man/govt is holding it down because it is cheap and effective, right?

Then why are there 81 ongoing and completed trials on Ivermectin? https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resu ... rch=Search

Also, why is there a story like this, about a cheap drug found in 1881 looking promising for severe Covid? Why isn't the man tamping down this drug?

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2021/11 ... 637676069/

I am seeing a whole group of people believing the government is out to get them in every which way and manner and it just isn't true across the board. I have multiple friends who are firmly down this road, and I would have thought by now some would have snapped back to some level of reality, but it only seems to be getting worse. :(

I know some of you will tell me I am the one not living in reality.

Snippet:

A small, randomized phase 2 clinical trial of disulfiram in patients with moderate COVID-19 is nearing completion, and another is underway. Sander and colleagues hope their study will lead to large international phase 3 trials of the drug.

If disulfiram proves to be effective, it could be added to the growing number of options to fight COVID-19, the researchers said.

They noted that disulfiram has been prescribed for more than 60 years as a treatment for alcoholism, and that it's safe, inexpensive, familiar to physicians, and widely used in many countries.
Only 7 of the 81 trials involving ivermectin are in the US, and only 1 of those are actually active. 1 was withdrawn, 4 are recruiting, and 1 is not yet recruiting. The active trial has 31 participants.

20 months into this thing and that's the best we can do? For a drug with a safety profile better than Tylenol and for which studies around the world show efficacy in the early treatment of COVID? (See c19ivermectin.com or ivmmeta.com)

You don't have to believe that ivermectin works to be disturbed about the suppression of information, coercion of doctors, and squelching of scientific debate, not to mention the mocking social media posts from government agencies. Not paying attention to these things doesn't mean that they aren't happening.

The government and Big Pharma may not be "out to get us" but they're not out to help us either.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm

If anyone has time, especially our US forum members, have a listen to this talk.
Is what he is claiming about the US actually true?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/open4ev ... 888611717/
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Google absolutely suppresses search suggestions and results. When the story was out about Biden supposedly sharting, I and a friend in another state both tested the search engines by typing Joe Biden and seeing the proposed searches.

Both DDG and Bing offered:
Joe Biden craps pants
Joe Biden falls asleep
and whatever else

Google offered stuff like
Joe Biden speech today
Joe Biden Afghanistan

Which list do you think better reflected the searches being conducted?
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 pm
Google absolutely suppresses search suggestions and results. When the story was out about Biden supposedly sharting, I and a friend in another state both tested the search engines by typing Joe Biden and seeing the proposed searches.

Both DDG and Bing offered:
Joe Biden craps pants
Joe Biden falls asleep
and whatever else

Google offered stuff like
Joe Biden speech today
Joe Biden Afghanistan

Which list do you think better reflected the searches being conducted?
I actually don't mind if Google sorts through news stories weeding out the ones that are actually important and relevant.

I don't put Biden farting/sharting or allegedly crapping his pants in that category.

On the other hand I have the feeling that if it was or had been Donald Trump it would be at the top of the list. And that is the problem with Google and other online media as I see it.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Hal wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 pm
If anyone has time, especially our US forum members, have a listen to this talk.
Is what he is claiming about the US actually true?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/open4ev ... 888611717/
I am not sure what part you are referring too.

If it is about laws, they don't really seem to matter. If the people are complacent in the tyranny, the previous laws will just be ignored.

You need to keep a large freedom culture to stop it.