Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by vnatale »

Mountaineer wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:13 am

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Isn't the goal for education to be values neutral?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:03 pm
MangoMan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:31 pm I'm glad you recognize your white privilege. ::)
Or maybe you just worked your ass off in a STEM field. Whatever.

There's nothing wrong with being inclusive. It's the equity and diversity (read: reverse discrimination) that is problematic. They used to try and hide it, but now it's becoming bolder. Did you see the 2 viral videos this last week about:
-the teacher in Orange County CA who hid the classroom American flag and was having students pledge allegiance to the Gay Pride flag
-the HS teacher that was an open Antifa member and trying to brainwash his students (project veritas)
Everyone has their time. Seems like, finally, after hundreds/thousands of years, it's white people's turn to get crapped on.

--Chinese exclusion act
--Every other ethnicity, "skin slightly darker than mine" prejudices
--Japanese internment, but hey, those Germans, no problem.
--Slavery and related
--Current immigrant hate
--Current Asian negativity because of Covid

And a couple teachers being stupid, out of 3.5 million. I am sure there's a lot worse things teachers are doing that is not being reported....like sucking at teaching!
All those things are issues in this country, so they can't possibly have applied for thousands of years. And do you think in China (just as a for instance) they are as welcoming of white people as America has been of Chinese people?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Xan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:53 pm Thanks for keeping us posted, kbg. Glad you're better.
Yes, thanks kbg for the update. Glad you have turned the corner. 👍🏼
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Xan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:22 pm
All those things are issues in this country, so they can't possibly have applied for thousands of years. And do you think in China (just as a for instance) they are as welcoming of white people as America has been of Chinese people?
Everyone is racist / ethnist to some level, so I am not sure of your question / my answer other than every generation *seems* to become better at looking at the person and not their gender of color of skin, etc.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

MangoMan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:31 pm I'm glad you recognize your white privilege. ::)
Or maybe you just worked your ass off in a STEM field. Whatever.

There's nothing wrong with being inclusive. It's the equity and diversity (read: reverse discrimination) that is problematic. They used to try and hide it, but now it's becoming bolder. Did you see the 2 viral videos this last week about:
-the teacher in Orange County CA who hid the classroom American flag and was having students pledge allegiance to the Gay Pride flag
-the HS teacher that was an open Antifa member and trying to brainwash his students (project veritas)
Is it your impression that the education issues as you see them vary significantly state to state? California is obvious.

I ask because I really don't know too much about the education situation outside of my own area. Arizona adopted the charter school model in the 90's and as a result the public school system exists alongside a publicly funded, privately run charter system. The charter schools operate independently of the state and local school boards with regard to setting up their curriculum. I think this was all designed to circumvent the school board politics that you are complaining about.
The charter schools live and die by their standardized test scores which are basically STEM based. My younger kid attends one, and from what I can tell it is neither liberal nor conservative. Her 7th grade reading list last year included To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, Farenheit 451, The Handmaid's Tale, and Beowulf.

All this said, Arizona ranks 2nd to last in the nation in school rankings, so I can point to our system as being ostensibly less liberal due to the charter schools and the influence of private enterprise, but it looks like we suck in outcomes generally. Although we're better than New Mexico and Louisiana, so there's that.

In 2010 there was a big dustup here because the Tucson school district included a Mexican-American studies class in their curriculum. The state legislature went nuts and shut it down by passing a ban on "ethnic studies" on racism grounds. The whole fight turned into a bit of a carnival when the Mexican-American activist Dolores Huerta (Si Se Puede) showed up and said some inflammatory rhetoric which really pissed off the Legislature. It ended with the Governor signing the ban into law, but a few years later a Federal court overturned it on constitutional grounds.

To be honest, I couldn't understand what the whole fight was about. The description of the class was an elective that a HS student could choose to take but was not forced to take, and the content was basically about the history of Mexican Americans in the US. You can see where that would be a relevant subject of interest in Tucson, Arizona.
When I was in HS, if it had been offered I definitely would have signed up. And I'm not even Mexican-American. But being in a class with a high ratio of latina girls would not be too bad.
Last edited by glennds on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:55 pm
Everyone is racist / ethnist to some level, so I am not sure of your question / my answer other than every generation *seems* to become better at looking at the person and not their gender of color of skin, etc.
I'm just not sure whether your comments are talking about this country or worldwide.

And looking around you, here, now, you think people are becoming less aware of the color of someone's skin? That's becoming, once again, more and more important. I agree with you that it shouldn't, but the isn't group identity ascendant in the extreme right now?
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Xan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:59 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:55 pm
I'm just not sure whether your comments are talking about this country or worldwide.

And looking around you, here, now, you think people are becoming less aware of the color of someone's skin? That's becoming, once again, more and more important. I agree with you that it shouldn't, but the isn't group identity ascendant in the extreme right now?
If I watch the news, I would think race relations in this country suck.

If I watch high school kids, here, north of Chicago, I think they are better than they’ve ever been in my lifetime.

So I think there’s some level of overblowing things in the media, as usual.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:04 pm
Kbg wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:01 pm
Turn off the news brother, your world will be instantaneously 100x better.
I cannot tell you how much my life has improved since about doing that this past Feb.

I was just accused by a friend (who keeps on sending me Trump and Covid links) of putting my head in the sand. To which I replied YES!
They don’t call it click bait for nothing. That’s the internet news (sales) game.

A 2-3 min Reuters headline scan tells you all you need really to know for a day and most days you don’t need to know anything that’s in the news.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

If it turns out that global travel and public activities are restricted to only those who are vaccinated, will the unvaccinated here acquiesce?
MM
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:26 pm
vnatale wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Isn't the goal for education to be values neutral?

vnatale wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:53 am

When I grew up I found my public school education to be neutral. Yours?

I guess you didn't read the 15 posts between the time you asked the same question twice and already got multiple answers. :o

No missed them. Until now. I always use the Last Unread post feature but also try to always go to the prior one that I'm supposed to have read to see if the feature is working. Must have been a complete breakdown in the process. Thanks for letting me know that there were those other responses. Will now go back to read them.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:03 pm

Everyone has their time. Seems like, finally, after hundreds/thousands of years, it's white people's turn to get crapped on.

--Chinese exclusion act
--Every other ethnicity, "skin slightly darker than mine" prejudices
--Japanese internment, but hey, those Germans, no problem.
--Slavery and related
--Current immigrant hate
--Current Asian negativity because of Covid

And a couple teachers being stupid, out of 3.5 million. I am sure there's a lot worse things teachers are doing that is not being reported....like sucking at teaching!

Paisan Cortopassi (from Paisan Natale)!

...certainly not to the extent there was of the Japanese but there was some internment of of both Italians and Germans in World War II...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internmen ... _Americans
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:10 pm

If I watch high school kids, here, north of Chicago, I think they are better than they’ve ever been in my lifetime.

Mainly through playing basketball and softball with people many decades younger than me (as young as high school age)...I concur with your assessment that things are way, way, way "better than they’ve ever been in my lifetime".
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

vnatale wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:38 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Mainly through playing basketball and softball with people many decades younger than me (as young as high school age)...I concur with your assessment that things are way, way, way "better than they’ve ever been in my lifetime".
I did not know that about Italians and Germans!

I am listening to Pandora, CSNY Radio, and Neil Young's Old Man came on.

I think the first two lines apply to some here:

"Old man, look at my life"
"I'm a lot like you were"

How appropriate! I bet Pug was a Greenpeace and ACLU member.... ;)
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Kbg wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:02 pm

They don’t call it click bait for nothing. That’s the internet news (sales) game.

A 2-3 min Reuters headline scan tells you all you need really to know for a day and most days you don’t need to know anything that’s in the news.
IMO, there's never been a better time to be incorporating news fasting into your lifestyle. What's happened to news is not so different from what's happened to the food supply.

A product of an industrial complex which has loaded it with artificial or synthetic ingredients, some of which are mildly addictive by design. The nutritional value has been stripped, and the consumer is left less healthy for the experience. Unless of course, he/she has the discipline to resist the temptation for instant gratification and endure the inconvenience of searching out whole food with nutritional value.

Now switch food for news or information.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Smith1776 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:09 pm If it turns out that global travel and public activities are restricted to only those who are vaccinated, will the unvaccinated here acquiesce?
No.

I'm not interested in risking my health to satisfy the globalist plot. I have no intention of bowing to their bribes, coercion, and extortion.

I'm not interested in attempting to derive health benefits from children sacrificed in abortion, used to concoct the experimental Gene serum.

I'm not interested in taking twice a day supplements to go along with the injection, as has been floated in the media.

I'm neither interested in committing slow suicide to fulfill the wishes of the globalists, nor am I interested in being their lab rat.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

The existence of safe, effective, low cost prophylaxis and treatments only illustrates the mal- intent of the globalists.

There's no reason to risk the clot-shot... If you care about your health.

The protocols have recently been updated.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:59 am
Smith1776 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:09 pm If it turns out that global travel and public activities are restricted to only those who are vaccinated, will the unvaccinated here acquiesce?
No.

I'm not interested in risking my health to satisfy the globalist plot. I have no intention of bowing to their bribes, coercion, and extortion.

I'm not interested in attempting to derive health benefits from children sacrificed in abortion, used to concoct the experimental Gene serum.

I'm not interested in taking twice a day supplements to go along with the injection, as has been floated in the media.

I'm neither interested in committing slow suicide to fulfill the wishes of the globalists, nor am I interested in being their lab rat.
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-a ... etal-cells

Is you not taking the vaccine going to somehow magically make those aborted fetal cell lines (some from 50+ years) ago come back to life? Yeah, I didn't think so. Ergo, this is a BS excuse. Whether you (or anyone else) gets the vaccine, the abortion/s has/have already happened. I personally have zero moral problem with abortion but even if I did I still wouldn't see benefiting from the cell lines from an abortion a decade or more before I was even born. It would be like...well, for instance, I am against killing someone simply for the purposes of eating them (i.e. it would be wrong to murder someone and it would definitely be wrong to murder them just to consume them as food) but if they were already dead and it was a survival situation like that flight that crashed in the Andes (where some of the survivors did in fact have to--in order not to starve to death themselves--resort to cannibalism of the flesh of their already deceased fellow passengers who had perished in the crash itself).....well, it's not like NOT eating them would make them any less dead, is it?
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 am The existence of safe, effective, low cost prophylaxis and treatments only illustrates the mal- intent of the globalists.

There's no reason to risk the clot-shot... If you care about your health.

The protocols have recently been updated.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

IIRC the efficiency of Ivermectin in the meta-analyses fell quite a bit when this study was excluded.

Maybe it does work but I'd rather take the vaccine first and then (and only then) if I get breakthrough COVID would I count on Ivermectin.

We have cures for syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia and we even have long-term treatments (HAART) for HIV but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and bareback skanky drug-using hookers just because "well, we have treatment protocols for venereal diseases". The US has some excellent ICUs and trauma centers but (even if the ICUs weren't full of unvaccinated COVID patients like they are now) I still wouldn't not wear a seatbelt or drive drunk using the excuse that "well, if I get in a bad crash we have trauma centers and ERs ready and waiting to treat me". That would just be dumb.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Risking the clot shot would be stupid, for me.

“The Salk Institute study proves the assumption made by the vaccine industry, that the spike protein is inert and harmless, to be false and dangerously inaccurate.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/fr ... ood-clots/

Ps. The error in your logic is your adherence to scientism. Rather than objective science.
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:00 am Risking the clot shot would be stupid, for me.

“The Salk Institute study proves the assumption made by the vaccine industry, that the spike protein is inert and harmless, to be false and dangerously inaccurate.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/fr ... ood-clots/

Ps. The error in your logic is your adherence to scientism. Rather than objective science.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspec ... lood-clots

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/heal ... virus.html

Getting COVID is a much higher risk for getting blood clots than taking the vaccine

PS - Lifesitenews is a right-wing evangelical Christian propaganda site (although IIRC I believe that they have some hardcore Opus Dei type Catholics posting on it as well) that was founded by a Canadian anti-abortion and Christian social conservative lobbyist group; you should probably try getting your medical information from actual medical journals. See https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/life-site-news/ ; Lifesitenews was rated "far right biased" for story selection that always favored evangelical Christianity and its actual factual accuracy was rated "Questionable" based on "the promotion of conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, and many failed fact checks". Getting medical information from Lifesitenews is like (by way of example) getting info about guns from the Brady Campaign or info about non-white people from the Klan; you will be getting information from a biased source and as such the information may not be the most reliable and factually or scientifically accurate.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

"Getting COVID is a much higher risk for getting blood clots than taking the vaccine"

if by that statement, you mean that most people do not die within the first two weeks of receiving the clot shot, then I agree with you.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

You might want to slow down and breathe before you attempt any more fact-checking.

Lifesite news is not an Evangelical website (based on the common religious description). Rather, it has a heavy Roman Catholic orientation.

Secondly, that particular editorial was written by a professor of the University of Wisconsin. So if you want to tell me that he is not a credible source for this topic, I will consider that carefully.
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:23 am "Getting COVID is a much higher risk for getting blood clots than taking the vaccine"

If by that statement, you mean that most people do not die within the first two weeks of receiving the clot shot, then I agree with you.
Most people (the overwhelming huge majority) do not die within two weeks (or two months, or two quarters, etc) of receiving the shot....because the shot is safe. How many deaths (with evidence from a factual medical journal and not some quack like Mercola or a factually challenged propaganda organization like AAPS) have with 100% certainty resulted from the COVID vaccin....vs how many deaths from COVID itself? In the US alone the death count--as per Worldometer--from COVID is almost 669K (with a high-end estimated based on total excess deaths as high 746K....this counts COVID deaths from 1-1-20 to present that may not've been classified as COVID deaths per se). As per the CDC ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... %20vaccine. ) there have been just over 7,200 deaths of people who received the COVID vaccine in the US (out of almost 370 million doses of the COVID vaccine in the US); in addition, not all of these were even necessary caused by the vaccine itself because as per US medical regulations "the FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause".
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

COVID-19—the actual disease—poses 8 to 10 times the threat of blood clots in the brain than do coronavirus vaccines, a large, non–peer-reviewed study led by University of Oxford researchers finds.

I stopped reading this article after the sentence above.

Is it your opinion that an institution which is in bed with one of the manufacturers of the so-called vaccine is an objective source to evaluate its safety and efficacy?
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

I see that you posted a link from The New York times.... Which is not a reliable news source.

Rather, it is a propaganda outlet.