Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

"He's only beating me up because he loves me"

Post by Maddy »

Trusting someone who is gaslighting you is one of the most pathological states of mind known to man.
This time, things will be different. He’s abused me in the past, but I’m sure he’s changed. At the core, he really loves me, he just has a strange way of showing it.

Does this sound like a healthy relationship to you? A partner who gaslights you, acting like you’re the crazy one for being suspicious… when you’ve been lied to and manipulated so many times in the past. Someone who sows division to isolate you from your friends and family so you have no one to rely on but the abuser.

Here’s a crazy idea: we shouldn’t trust consistently untrustworthy people and institutions.

Literally, people act like you’re the crazy one for being skeptical of some of the least trustworthy institutions in existence.

If you asked a typical extreme leftist in early 2020 if they trusted big pharma, they would laugh in your face.

They might talk about pharma-bro Martin Skrelli hiking drug prices, or correctly note how the Perdue family made billions partnering with the government and doctors to get Americans hooked on legalized heroin pills.

But today, utter the phrase, “I’m not so sure about these vaccines,” and prepare for the gaslighting. You’re CRAZY for not trusting big pharma’s “safe and effective, safe and effective, safe and effective” vaccines 100%, no questions asked.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-07- ... rustworthy
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by murphy_p_t »

Thank you for sharing that excellent article, Maddy. Well worth the time to read.

The columnist is absolutely correct. Yes, we are being gaslighted.

What I would add to this is the other side of the coin.

That those who have adequate intelligence, and yet embrace being gaslit, suffer from Stockholm syndrome.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Also from that article:
Frankly, the burden of proof is not on us skeptics to show why any particular government or big pharma or big tech campaign does not deserve our trust.

These are untrustworthy institutions. They have shown us over and over again that they cannot be trusted.

They could bend over backwards to regain the public’s trust, but that’s not what they have done. They have attempted to shame and ridicule anyone who dares challenge the narrative.

Like an abusive, gas-lighting boyfriend trying to convince you YOU’RE the crazy one, for being fed up with his bullshit.
This is what I find interesting. Many people who in the past have railed against Big Pharma, the government, collusion/corruption, etc. are 100% onboard the COVID vaccine train.

If nothing else this whole thing has been an interesting experiment in human psychology and behavior.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

murphy_p_t wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:50 pm
That those who have adequate intelligence, and yet embrace being gaslit, suffer from Stockholm syndrome.
I think i said that on page 4 of this thread lol. But there is also the mind numbing fear induced by the media and decades of indoctrination that the government officials will protect you. I'm not sure if there's a name for all that but it's not quite stockholm syndrome. It is scary to watch because it's clear now the government can get 50% of the population to literally do anything it wants them to.

That will include atrocities against the other 50% when the time comes and CNN, FOX, and the government declare that we are evil.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Same reactions to this event from 65 years ago being part of an overall campaign to get people vaccinated against polio?

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.4 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Not getting the polio vaccine because Elvis did would have been a pretty silly decision.

On who is now in the hospital with Covid:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/health/l ... index.html
"To date, we have not had a patient admitted to a [Department of Health Services] hospital who has been fully vaccinated, with either the J&J, Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Every single patient that we've admitted for Covid is not yet fully vaccinated," county health services director Dr. Christina Ghaly told the Board of Supervisors on Tuesday.

The folks suggesting that the conversation is now moot because everyone can make their own choices: well, not quite. Kids under 12 will be starting school in the fall, unvaccinated, relying on low community spread. If community spread isn't low enough they'll have to wear masks, which makes me want to throw up. The reason community spread might not be low enough is because people are choosing not to be vaccinated.

Yes, you certainly have that right, and I do oppose coercion (although there isn't a bright line there) and ANY form of censorship. And I'm not talking about the folks who have a real reason, like a previous infection, or a bad reaction to the first shot like WiseOne's mom. I'm talking about the people who read Natural "News" and swallow whatever it says merely because it isn't the official line.

It would make life better for kids if you would get vaccinated. I'll leave it at that.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Xan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:57 am
The folks suggesting that the conversation is now moot because everyone can make their own choices: well, not quite. Kids under 12 will be starting school in the fall, unvaccinated, relying on low community spread. If community spread isn't low enough they'll have to wear masks, which makes me want to throw up. The reason community spread might not be low enough is because people are choosing not to be vaccinated.

Yes, you certainly have that right, and I do oppose coercion (although there isn't a bright line there) and ANY form of censorship. And I'm not talking about the folks who have a real reason, like a previous infection, or a bad reaction to the first shot like WiseOne's mom. I'm talking about the people who read Natural "News" and swallow whatever it says merely because it isn't the official line.

It would make life better for kids if you would get vaccinated. I'll leave it at that.
What a goddamn reasonable position, Xan. How dare you.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Xan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:57 am It would make life better for kids if you would get vaccinated. I'll leave it at that.
Xan, what would make you regard kids as meaningfully at risk? That is, other than the fact that they're being held hostage by those bent upon using them as an instrument of social change?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Maddy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:40 am
Xan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:57 am It would make life better for kids if you would get vaccinated. I'll leave it at that.
Xan, what would make you regard kids as meaningfully at risk? That is, other than the fact that they're being held hostage by those bent upon using them as an instrument of social change?
My 3-year-old nephew spent several days in the ICU with multiple organ failure. They were about to start some pretty dire treatments when he turned the corner. There's more to this than the "deaths" statistic.

What makes you regard yourself as meaningfully at risk from the vaccine?
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Xan, your nephew is among the staggeringly few children who have had any difficulty whatsoever with this virus. Respectfully, you're likely too close to this to have an objective viewpoint on the subject, and it would be neither enjoyable to me nor even remotely sensitive to your situation for me to debate the point under the circumstances. I'm very sorry for your family's experience and hope your nephew is recovering well.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Well, much becomes clear. Like Maddy though, I think the subject should be dropped at this point. Xan, I do hope your nephew and his family recovered well from their ordeal.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

I certainly and sincerely appreciate your sympathies, but I don't need any special treatment, thanks. And I don't think this is causing any kind of irrational approach.

In fact, it seems that when nobody knows anybody affected, the anti-vaccination crowd says "aha, nobody knows anybody, it's all a fraud" and when somebody does know somebody they say "well, that's the only reason you're coming to such an irrational conclusion".

You're still welcome to not get vaccinated. I think that is the irrational conclusion, though, at least much of the time. And it is not without externalities.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Well, I apologize if I came across as suggesting that you were being "irrational." That was not my intent.

N=1 is everything when it's you. There's nothing irrational about that, but it makes for poor statistics.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Maddy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:49 pm Well, I apologize if I came across as suggesting that you were being "irrational." That was not my intent.

N=1 is everything when it's you. There's nothing irrational about that, but it makes for poor statistics.
Accepted, and agreed 100%.

I still think the statistics show that while kids are at low risk of Covid, adults are at even lower risk from a vaccine.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Xan wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:57 am Not getting the polio vaccine because Elvis did would have been a pretty silly decision.

On who is now in the hospital with Covid:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/health/l ... index.html
"To date, we have not had a patient admitted to a [Department of Health Services] hospital who has been fully vaccinated, with either the J&J, Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Every single patient that we've admitted for Covid is not yet fully vaccinated," county health services director Dr. Christina Ghaly told the Board of Supervisors on Tuesday.

It's laughable to think that kids under 12 wearing masks in school is going to have any positive effect at all in reducing disease transmission. Any one who tells you otherwise doesn't have an ounce of common sense. Too start with, how many minutes will it be before all of those masks are halfway down their faces and are contaminated by frequent touching? Let's also remember that the size of the virus is much smaller than the pore-size of a cloth mask. Common sense would tell you that wearing masks is much more likely to cause unintended negative effects (like just breathing in too much carbon dioxide for one, not to mention having a bunch of gunk around your face all day long) than actually helping to stop a virus.

It's the same people telling us that masks on kids is going to help who are telling us that the vaccine is great. If they can't get the answer to the first question right, I'm not very inclined to listen to them on the second question. At least, not without a bunch more vaccine testing than what has been done already, as in long-term testing to see if there are long-term bad effects.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

stuper1 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:01 pm Common sense would tell you that wearing masks is much more likely to cause unintended negative effects (like just breathing in too much carbon dioxide for one, not to mention having a bunch of gunk around your face all day long) than actually helping to stop a virus.
Then I guess about half of the U.S. population lacks common sense.

A significant part of in-person schooling for children is socialization, which is severely curtailed when everyone's face is covered by a mask for most of the day. That throws a huge amount of nonverbal cueing out the window.
jswinner

Post by jswinner »

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 6/fulltext

"Hospitalisation with COVID-19 is associated with high rates of morbidity in adults. Almost half of the survivors had one or more complications, which were more likely in patients who required critical care. Survivors of COVID-19 who had suffered at least one complication had a lower ability to self-care on discharge from hospital. The effect of complications on the ability to self-care was most profound in younger patients (aged <50 years). We found that complication rates were high in every age group and increased with age. Unlike mortality, there were only small differences in complication rates in groups stratified by pre-existing comorbidity. Males were significantly more likely to develop complications than females."

"In summary, high rates of complications and poor functional outcomes were present in survivors of COVID-19, including in young and previously healthy individuals. Those aged older than 50 years and admitted to critical care were at the highest risk. Common COVID-19 complications identified in this Article are known to be associated with long-term morbidity and an increased risk of death."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

This is an excellent conversation between Tucker Carlson and Brett Weinstein about some of the issues around vaccines and alternative COVID treatments. The second half is about Weinstein’s experience at Evergreen College and then his DarkHorse podcast. Two people from opposite sides of the political spectrum finding common ground.

https://youtu.be/vC-EpyHrAbw
jswinner

Post by jswinner »

Last edited by jswinner on Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

jswinner wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:33 am Perhaps keep it to the worms

https://grftr.news/why-was-a-major-stud ... retracted/
Funny how when this happens somebody always winds up dead.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

That website seems to be mostly about exposing Tim Pool as a Grifter with a little bit of Andy Ngo thrown in for good measure.

I've only heard of Tim Pool so I have no opinion about him either way but I'm not much swayed by an article by someone with such an obvious bias.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

MangoMan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:10 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:19 pm

That website seems to be mostly about exposing Tim Pool as a Grifter with a little bit of Andy Ngo thrown in for good measure.

I've only heard of Tim Pool so I have no opinion about him either way but I'm not much swayed by an article by someone with such an obvious bias.
Anything anti-Tim Pool or anti-Andy Ngo is way too far left propaganda-ish to be trusted. The reason they don't like those two guys is because they are constantly exposing the lies of the left.
If the guy who runs it wants to be viewed as a credible arbiter of the truth he'll need to start exposing grifters on the left as well. How hard could that be?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

If Smith1776 invites us all to his wedding...you are going to need that vaccine to go!

Vinny

Canada likely to reopen border to vaccinated Americans in August

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/canada-us- ... =124614198
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

One of the things I've learned since the Advent of covidism is how willing some people are to submit to extortion, even to willingly embrace it
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »