Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by vnatale »

pp4me wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm
I'm sympathetic to concerns about the long term safety of the COVID vaccines due to the way it was so quickly rolled out and the fact that there is so much propaganda and fake news nowadays that you can't trust anybody about anything.

Having said that, I was thinking I would not get it but changed my mind and got my first jab two weeks ago. I'm old enough to have been alive while the fear of Polio was in the air and I got both the Sabin and Salk vaccines. I've also had numerous other vaccines for measles, chicken pox, etcetera. Was always skeptical of flu shots but I got them a couple of times.

One vaccine I didn't get was for shingles, thinking I was low risk and it would never happen to me. It did, a few years ago.

So all in all, I think the benefits of vaccines have outweighed the risks in my own life at least and so I decided to get it. Plus, I want the vaccination card if it's required for travel in the future.

What is your current position on the shingles vaccination?

I chose the least expensive Medicare drug plan because I don't take any drugs. However, that would mean me having to pay the entire cost of the shingles vaccination. I'm trying to wait until next year when I have that shot in mind prior to making my Medicare drug plan choice.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

pp4me wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:42 pm
dualstow wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm I want that shingles vax.
I think you used to have to be over 60 to get it but I think they might have changed that to 50.

Technovelist said he got shingles from the vaccine which was actually a factor in me not getting it but I think newer vaccines don't actually contain the virus like they did when he got it.

Would definitely recommend it for those in the age group. It's a pretty nasty disease. Definitely the worse I've ever had.
The recent ads say 50, but it's possible I'm willfully mishearing it.
🍍
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

vnatale wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:50 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm I'm sympathetic to concerns about the long term safety of the COVID vaccines due to the way it was so quickly rolled out and the fact that there is so much propaganda and fake news nowadays that you can't trust anybody about anything.

Having said that, I was thinking I would not get it but changed my mind and got my first jab two weeks ago. I'm old enough to have been alive while the fear of Polio was in the air and I got both the Sabin and Salk vaccines. I've also had numerous other vaccines for measles, chicken pox, etcetera. Was always skeptical of flu shots but I got them a couple of times.

One vaccine I didn't get was for shingles, thinking I was low risk and it would never happen to me. It did, a few years ago.

So all in all, I think the benefits of vaccines have outweighed the risks in my own life at least and so I decided to get it. Plus, I want the vaccination card if it's required for travel in the future.
What is your current position on the shingles vaccination?

I chose the least expensive Medicare drug plan because I don't take any drugs. However, that would mean me having to pay the entire cost of the shingles vaccination. I'm trying to wait until next year when I have that shot in mind prior to making my Medicare drug plan choice.
I would get it if I were you. It's a lot worse than just a flare-up of measles. Some of the worse pain I have ever felt on a non-stop basis alternating with itching so bad I wanted to tear my arm off. Lasted about 3 weeks. Fortunately no long term effects for me but others haven't been so lucky.

I still haven't gotten the vaccine thinking I won't get it again but I've read that it's rare but possible to repeat. So note to self - go get it and take my 55 year old wife with me.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

I had a shingles episode last year. It was a very not pleasant experience. If they breakout near your eyes or ears they can cause blindness and/or deafness. My breakout went into the ear canal and my physician treated me with very strong antibiotics. They are both very painful and very itchy. My area was from the lower neck/collarbone line up into my ear and during the peak period I had to have my entire neck area in a bandage because the touch of a shirt collar was just too painful. I considered myself blessed, because the surface area overall was fairly small. I can not imagine an entire back or stomach/chest breakout which is fairly common.

As soon as I was eligible post breakout, I immediately started the two shot series. Been there done that, didn't want a repeat which is highly likely once you have a breakout.

Medically it's pretty interesting how shingles start/work. Well worth reading up on if you're intellectually curious about random stuff.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett »

dualstow wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:56 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:42 pm
dualstow wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm I want that shingles vax.
I think you used to have to be over 60 to get it but I think they might have changed that to 50.

Technovelist said he got shingles from the vaccine which was actually a factor in me not getting it but I think newer vaccines don't actually contain the virus like they did when he got it.

Would definitely recommend it for those in the age group. It's a pretty nasty disease. Definitely the worse I've ever had.
The recent ads say 50, but it's possible I'm willfully mishearing it.
Wife got the shingles vax last winter at either age 52 or 53.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

^50, then. Thanks! ^
🍍
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Actually, I got it as part of my employment physical way back when, and I wasn't 50 yet. I guess best to call your PMD and ask.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

WiseOne wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:14 pm Actually, I got it as part of my employment physical way back when, and I wasn't 50 yet. I guess best to call your PMD and ask.
Will do. I thought about getting it in my 40s. I think they start really marketing it to you in your 50s.
CDC site recommends it for 60-year-olds, so it’s all over the place.

Sorry for the hijack, Murphy. I can split this off if you want.
🍍
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

How's the experiment going? Not what one would hope, according to this

http://dad29.blogspot.com/2021/03/probl ... h-vax.html
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

murphy_p_t wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:57 am How's the experiment going? Not what one would hope, according to this

Experiment is exactly what it is. Every doc involved has violated their hippocratic oath.

I'm sure the solution will be more experiments and more after that.

The covid solution was always right in front of us. Stop testing and zero government involvement.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

murphy_p_t wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:57 am How's the experiment going? Not what one would hope, according to this

Basically this is saying, if I understand it correctly, the vaccinated are protected but they produce even more lethal and infections strains of the virus if they come in contact with it - something called "leakage" in other articles I've read.

If this is true we should start to see it in Florida as we are now down to vaccinating age 40+ people.

Got my second dose today. So if this is true, I should probably start double masking to protect others from the mutant virus I'm creating.
Last edited by pp4me on Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I read that twice before realizing you didn’t mean more than 40 people.
🍍
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

dualstow wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:46 pm I read that twice before realizing you didn’t mean more than 40 people.
Fixed it. Florida has been vaccinating based on age and it's down to 40+ as of this week.

So like I said, if the problem of vaccine leakage is real I would expect it to start showing up in the Florida data just as the article claims it is doing in Israel.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Any Rutgers students among us?

Vinny

https://www.newsweek.com/rutgers-studen ... ll-1578810

EDUCATION
Rutgers Students Must Get COVID Vaccine, Attend Online or Dis-enroll
BY MATTHEW IMPELLI ON 3/25/21 AT 1:58 PM EDT
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Couldn't the logic that a college can require its students get a COVID vaccine also be used to mandate that they also get a flu vaccine, or use condoms every time they bang each other? In the sense of the college claiming responsibility for what diseases you can pass to other people?

It seems like it would be simple to enforce, since any student diagnosed with COVID, the flu, or an STD would be in violation of the rules.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

A few problems come to mind immediately

1. Violation of bodily integrity
2. Violation of religion and conscience
3. The injection is experimental, and has not been proven to be either safe or effective
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

https://dreddymd.com/2021/03/21/norwegi ... -humanity/

I'm interested to know if the mindset of those pushing widespread injections is consistent with what is described in this article.... Namely that a few people have to die in order to get everyone injected.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

murphy_p_t wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:23 pm https://dreddymd.com/2021/03/21/norwegi ... -humanity/

I'm interested to know if the mindset of those pushing widespread injections is consistent with what is described in this article.... Namely that a few people have to die in order to get everyone injected.
Their "mindset" is whatever Colbert or Kimmel told them it is tonight.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit »

So Israel cases are dropping a lot. Still hard to tell if it is from vaccine.

Surely we would have heard if vaccinated are still getting the disease. Right?

Israel tracker:
https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... es/israel/
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Also from Israel...
A lawsuit alleging violations of Nuremberg codes relating to coercive experimentation on humans

And again, claims that the injection is more dangerous medicine than the virus.... https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exper ... esearchers
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

murphy_p_t wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:18 am Also from Israel...
A lawsuit alleging violations of Nuremberg codes relating to coercive experimentation on humans
https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2LM2FS
Social media users sharing posts that say the International Criminal Court (ICC) has “accepted” a complaint that claims Israel’s COVID-19 vaccination programme violates the Nuremberg Code are missing vital context. Anyone can submit information about alleged crimes to the ICC’s Office of the Prosecutor (OTP) – and the OTP has cautioned that acknowledgment of receipt is not the same as a decision on the merits of the information.
🍍
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Great , at least now in New York those who wanted to ride everyone else’s coattails back to a normal life , letting everyone else take the risks of vaccination will have to be inconvenienced with constant testing to do many things.

Love it ..those who don’t want to get vaccinated don’t have to ...but they will spend their time constantly have to retest so they can prove to the rest of the population they are safe .

I love it ....

Wait , I have to do my happy dance

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2 ... -new-york/
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

mathjak107 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:19 pm Great , at least now in New York those who wanted to ride everyone else’s coattails back to a normal life , letting everyone else take the risks of vaccination will have to be inconvenienced with constant testing to do many things.

Love it ..those who don’t want to get vaccinated don’t have to ...but they will spend their time constantly have to retest so they can prove to the rest of the population they are safe .

I love it ....

Wait , I have to do my happy dance

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2 ... -new-york/
You know, you're a pretty fucked up dude, Mathjak.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Just calling it as I see it ....

Fu#k em ..let them spend their time proving to the rest of the population they are not infected by constantly retesting ......i Love it

In the mean time my daughter, son in law and both kids have it ..a three year old got it at daycare and passed to our four year old grandson who infected his whole famiy.

My wife and I had it and spent weeks hospitalized.

My ex wife had it , my other 9 year old grandson got from their nanny , my diaughter in-law lost her dad to it , her mom was hospitalized for months with covid

I lost three friends to it .

I have no sympathy for anti vaxers , none
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Life has become so scary for some people, and so paralyzing, that I think we ought to more seriously consider the widespread use of voluntary conservatorships. Contrary to what they may say, these people really do prefer an ultra-controlled, "rubber room" environment geared toward reducing their anxieties and sheltering them from troubling thoughts. They appear, in general, to be not the least bit disturbed about the potential loss of liberty so long as they are guaranteed safety and asylum from the complexities of a world they cannot navigate or control. On a practical level, I think this could be achieved quite easily under existing state law.