Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Smith1776 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 pm Corona is great. The slice of lime really adds flavour. ^-^
You can't even look at it! Even during an eclipse!
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:37 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 pm Corona is great. The slice of lime really adds flavour. ^-^
My alcohol connoisseur friends can't bear to look at them either!
MM
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Lonestar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 pm
Tortoise wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:07 pm
Given my particularly low risk profile, what is my motivation for taking on the risk of negative long-term effects from the Covid vaccine?
I'll throw one out. Since we don't know how long you will be protected by antibodies, let's say you become infected again. Not entirely impossible. In addition you have no symptoms but viral shedding is occurring and you are contagious. Maybe you are not wearing a mask and you infect someone that is in a high risk group.

So, your motivation is to help protect others. I'm not going to try to convince you to take the vaccine. Just be aware that the person you could potentially infect could not be as fortunate as you.
Doesn't the fact that the duration of Covid immunity is not yet known apply to vaccinated people, too?

On what basis can one claim that getting the vaccine is likely to confer longer-lasting immunity than getting and recovering from the virus itself? Feel free to point me to a scientific study or article, and I'll be glad to read it and carefully consider it.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Smith1776 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:43 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:37 pm
My alcohol connoisseur friends can't bear to look at them either!
It is more tolerable when it's behind a blue moon.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:45 pm
Given my particularly low risk profile, what is my motivation for taking on the risk of negative long-term effects from the Covid vaccine?
I'll throw one out. Since we don't know how long you will be protected by antibodies, let's say you become infected again. Not entirely impossible. In addition you have no symptoms but viral shedding is occurring and you are contagious. Maybe you are not wearing a mask and you infect someone that is in a high risk group.

So, your motivation is to help protect others. I'm not going to try to convince you to take the vaccine. Just be aware that the person you could potentially infect could not be as fortunate as you.
Doesn't the fact that the duration of Covid immunity is not yet known apply to vaccinated people, too?

On what basis can one claim that getting the vaccine is likely to confer longer-lasting immunity than getting and recovering from the virus itself? Feel free to point me to a scientific study or article, and I'll be glad to read it and carefully consider it.
Oh, also, I disavow when I said I might have gotten sick with the woo-hand last year. I now believe I'm one of the people who's killer T-cells just eat the virus immediately and I shrug it off. So I'm actually never contagious in the first place, because my body dominates the virus before it can catch a ride on my breath. So I'm really in the sweet spot where nobody should be afraid of me and I don't need the vaccine. Win Win.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Smith1776 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 pm I don't see a good reason why you wouldn't want to get vaccinated. Objections to getting vaccinated are bordering on a level of ridiculousness similar to "5G causes corona" Karen-ism.
I hope you can recognize that there are a few intermediate positions possible between the polar extremes of (a) I want to get vaccinated ASAP and (b) I think the vaccine is a conspiracy.

Mark provided a very good, concise summary of a few such intermediate positions in his latest post in this thread.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 pm I don't see a good reason why you wouldn't want to get vaccinated. Objections to getting vaccinated are bordering on a level of ridiculousness similar to "5G causes corona" Karen-ism.
I hope you can recognize that there are a few intermediate positions possible between the polar extremes of (a) I want to get vaccinated ASAP and (b) I think the vaccine is a conspiracy.

Mark provided a very good, concise summary of a few such intermediate positions in his latest post in this thread.
I'm 41 and very healthy. I think even according to the government only 10k people have died who tested positive for COVID my age or younger. How much you wanna bet they had other serious health problems?

Even according to the government and media's portrayal of COVID (some very untrustworthy sources), COVID is zero risk to me or my family.

The experimental injection pushed by hard by these entities is magnitudes more risky, for zero reward.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

There's plenty of stories of medicines rushed to production that have caused more problems than they solved. Even our resident physician, WiseOne, said that she wouldn't have gotten the vaccine unless her employer pushed her into it. I'm certainly in no rush to get it. Call me a Karen if you like. I don't care, mainly because I've never even bothered to find out what that term means.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 pm

I can appreciate Mark's position.
MM
Ruby on Rails rules all
www.allterraininvesting.com
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

The conspiracy deepens. Definitely a false flag op going down.

“I would recommend it,” Trump said during an interview on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo. “And I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

How much is big pharma paying him do you think?
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

The conspiracy deepens. Definitely a false flag op going down.

“I would recommend it,” Trump said during an interview on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo. “And I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

Mockers of the conspiracy theory may find Paul Craig Roberts to be entertaining
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

vnatale wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Do I have a mis-understanding?

I thought that the vaccine's purpose was not to prevent one from either acquiring or passing on the virus but to mitigate its damage to you if you get it?
This is the extent of the claims I have seen.

Kind of anti-climatic for the virtue signalers.

In essence, it is as effective at suppressing the spread of the dreaded Wuhan as the face diaper.

Ps. Asymptomatic spread has been refuted as I recall
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

murphy_p_t wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:05 pm Mockers of the conspiracy theory may find Paul Craig Roberts to be entertaining
Wow, I respect you even less now. Would mom be disappointed in you?

Us hardcore lefties love canceling people, done.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Kbg wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:54 pm The conspiracy deepens. Definitely a false flag op going down.

Whoa, I never thought I'd see a false flag dog whistle combo with a white supremacy kicker! I think it's a pretty safe bet here that Trump is actually telling Caucasians NOT to get the vaccine.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Smith1776 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:40 pm ...
As far as I'm concerned, if you don't get vaccinated when it's available to you you're just being daft.

Like, why are we even debating this? It seems like the obvious choice to me, like looking both ways before crossing the street.
It’s all Jim Carrey’s fault.
Kriegsspiel wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:43 am ...
Whoa, I never thought I'd see a false flag dog whistle combo with a white supremacy kicker!
O0
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

stuper1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:59 pm There's plenty of stories of medicines rushed to production that have caused more problems than they solved. Even our resident physician, WiseOne, said that she wouldn't have gotten the vaccine unless her employer pushed her into it.
I feel the need to clarify the above. I went for the first shot and also had my mother get it. I was worried about long term effects mostly, but it's been several months now and nothing beyond immediate effects have turned up. It is true I would have preferred to delay until the phase 3 clinical trials have completed, and the vaccine was fully approved and not just for "emergency use". As a person at very low risk for COVID, I don't feel like an emergency use is indicated. If I had metabolic disease like Mathjak says he does, though, I might feel differently. But, I probably would have done something about that situation instead of just waiting for the vaccine.

What I really objected to was the second shot of the two-shot regimen. It has no added benefit to the first shot, for higher risk. I assumed that the risk of serious complications would be higher, given that the risk of adverse effects in general is so much higher. That's the one I took more or less under duress, and with premedication to block the effects as much as possible.

And I'm not sure what to do about my mom. Her friends say they won't visit her until she's had both shots, and that's the biggest reason for her to get it. Long term effects in an 85 year old are not exactly a concern. The big issue is that she had a bad reaction to the first shot. In addition to the usual symptoms x 3 days, her dementia got noticeably worse and she is still not back to where she was pre-shot. Thinking of talking to her PMD about it and officially get her off the hook for that 2nd shot. I could also have her premedicate the same way I did.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t »

mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

Zerohedge hog , now there is a reliable source for information
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

I'm sympathetic to concerns about the long term safety of the COVID vaccines due to the way it was so quickly rolled out and the fact that there is so much propaganda and fake news nowadays that you can't trust anybody about anything.

Having said that, I was thinking I would not get it but changed my mind and got my first jab two weeks ago. I'm old enough to have been alive while the fear of Polio was in the air and I got both the Sabin and Salk vaccines. I've also had numerous other vaccines for measles, chicken pox, etcetera. Was always skeptical of flu shots but I got them a couple of times.

One vaccine I didn't get was for shingles, thinking I was low risk and it would never happen to me. It did, a few years ago.

So all in all, I think the benefits of vaccines have outweighed the risks in my own life at least and so I decided to get it. Plus, I want the vaccination card if it's required for travel in the future.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I want that shingles vax.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

I had shingles and did even know it ...it was so mild I thought it was a bug bite ......
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

dualstow wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm I want that shingles vax.
I think you used to have to be over 60 to get it but I think they might have changed that to 50.

Technovelist said he got shingles from the vaccine which was actually a factor in me not getting it but I think newer vaccines don't actually contain the virus like they did when he got it.

Would definitely recommend it for those in the age group. It's a pretty nasty disease. Definitely the worse I've ever had.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

mathjak107 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:42 pm I had shingles and did even know it ...it was so mild I thought it was a bug bite ......
Worse thing I have ever experienced as far as diseases go. Interestingly I also thought it was a bug bite when it first showed up.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 »

If it was t for my swollen lymph glands I would have likely ignored it