Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Third rail post deleted

Post by I Shrugged »

Some things are too hard to look at.
Last edited by I Shrugged on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Somalian IQ is 68

Post by SomeDude »

I Shrugged wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:41 pm Tom's post made me look it up. Here's a recap of studies of IQs around the world. The color coded map is quite striking.

https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html
Ahem......his post????? Which post of his???? The one where he suggested the Somalis were gorging themselves on Milton Friedman and Peter Schiff every night???? This tomfool guy has clearly never visited Somalia! Theye are more Jeffersonian and Hayek lovers.
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Somalian IQ is 68

Post by Vil »

The only map I see (and I seriously doubt how legit this 'research' is) is a map of how IQ import/export processes went in the past decades/centuries. And this 'research' is based on what - country of residence, country of origin, country of ...? I would be very much interested in such results conducted back in time - 20, 50, 100 years ago, and compared with the percentage of native people vs. immigrants/refugees ...

But indeed, you are right about Somalians - they were the bad guys in 'Black Hawk down', so they're not supposed to be very smart ...
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Re: Third rail post deleted

Post by Cortopassi »

Are the IQ tests standardized somehow? Are they randomly given to people, or are these tests all given to same age people who supposedly have the same level of schooling in different countries?

Let's say a Somali can't multiply 12x12, or figure the next series in a pattern, but can slaughter and clean a pig to provide food for his family for the next month. Or dig a well. Why would IQ matter?

I just took a really quick one. I feel so high and mighty now. By correctly extending 8 graphical patterns, I got:

"Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to 149, or it may be even higher!"

For $8.99 I can take more tests!!!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Third rail post deleted

Post by I Shrugged »

tomfoolery wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:47 pm

And in a world with UBI and universal healthcare, what does IQ even matter? Everyone will have the same access as everyone else.

The stupider a person is, the better they will adapt to UBI. Talk about good luck.