Come into my Parler

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Come into my Parler

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:43 pm

{ I split this computer/web self-help request from the Politics section and moved it here
— DS
}

No one has yet told me if they were able to successfully log in to their parler.com account.

I continue to be unsuccessful. Seems to be a "buggy" web site.

Just heard that Twitter has permanently banned Trump.

If this is cutting him off from all his supporters and followers....am I wrong in the following?

If someone is able to create and log into a Twitter account, should not that same person be able to create and log into a parler.com account (provided parler.com is able to successfully make the jump from AAA to the major leagues)?

Why does he have to be on Twitter when almost everyone in parler.com is a supporter of his?

Are not conservatives / Republicans / Trumpists passing on to one another the existence of parler.com?

It's been so long since I've logged into my parler.com account. Do people have followers?

EDIT: I'd been trying to log in via Edge. Tried with Chrome and don't even get as far as I did with Edge. Once I enter email / password and click "next", nothing happens. Now I don't even think parler.com has achieved AAA status. They seem to be in Rookie League and have about go through three move levels to achieve AAA status.

Another EDIT: Now heard that Apple is shutting down parler.com because it does not do enough to prevent violence. What does this mean? What is Apple's relationship to parler.com? Is this explaining why I cannot get in to parler.com?
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:16 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:43 pm
No one has yet told me if they were able to successfully log in to their parler.com account.

I continue to be unsuccessful. Seems to be a "buggy" web site.

Just heard that Twitter has permanently banned Trump.

If this is cutting him off from all his supporters and followers....am I wrong in the following?

If someone is able to create and log into a Twitter account, should not that same person be able to create and log into a parler.com account (provided parler.com is able to successfully make the jump from AAA to the major leagues)?

Why does he have to be on Twitter when almost everyone in parler.com is a supporter of his?

Are not conservatives / Republicans / Trumpists passing on to one another the existence of parler.com?

It's been so long since I've logged into my parler.com account. Do people have followers?

EDIT: I'd been trying to log in via Edge. Tried with Chrome and don't even get as far as I did with Edge. Once I enter email / password and click "next", nothing happens. Now I don't even think parler.com has achieved AAA status. They seem to be in Rookie League and have about go through three move levels to achieve AAA status.

Another EDIT: Now heard that Apple is shutting down parler.com because it does not do enough to prevent violence. What does this mean? What is Apple's relationship to parler.com? Is this explaining why I cannot get in to parler.com?
Perhaps Parler has deemed your speech to be violence and you’ve been banned from their service.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:43 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:16 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:43 pm

No one has yet told me if they were able to successfully log in to their parler.com account.

I continue to be unsuccessful. Seems to be a "buggy" web site.

Just heard that Twitter has permanently banned Trump.

If this is cutting him off from all his supporters and followers....am I wrong in the following?

If someone is able to create and log into a Twitter account, should not that same person be able to create and log into a parler.com account (provided parler.com is able to successfully make the jump from AAA to the major leagues)?

Why does he have to be on Twitter when almost everyone in parler.com is a supporter of his?

Are not conservatives / Republicans / Trumpists passing on to one another the existence of parler.com?

It's been so long since I've logged into my parler.com account. Do people have followers?

EDIT: I'd been trying to log in via Edge. Tried with Chrome and don't even get as far as I did with Edge. Once I enter email / password and click "next", nothing happens. Now I don't even think parler.com has achieved AAA status. They seem to be in Rookie League and have about go through three move levels to achieve AAA status.

Another EDIT: Now heard that Apple is shutting down parler.com because it does not do enough to prevent violence. What does this mean? What is Apple's relationship to parler.com? Is this explaining why I cannot get in to parler.com?


Perhaps Parler has deemed your speech to be violence and you’ve been banned from their service.


I have only been there twice and have never contributed!!!
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by Cortopassi » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 pm

They know your leanings, Vinny, they know. ;)

Trump banned from Twitter. And I hear he tried to then post under POTUS. And was rejected.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm

I officially finally got into Parler. Somewhat of a "clunky" site compared to what I am used to. Definitely at about AA level. Needs to go up two levels in several aspects to get promoted to Major League.

No one uses computers any more? Everyone else addicted to those tiny screens?

If you are using a Windows computer you are NOT blocked from Parler.

On a totally different note.

Sunday night I had a device installed at my house. It has a corresponding app to use with it. It was working fine with my Moto Android phone but I generally do not deal with phone tiny screens.

Thought for certain I'd be able to use it on my iPad, which would have been acceptable. But, of course, due to the Apple's extreme avaricious policies..the app would not run on the operating system that iPad topped out at.

Looked at buying another iPad with sufficient operating system to run it. But it was too pricey for just wanting to run this one app.

Finally, I thought, I wonder if I can run some Android simulator on this computer.

Searched. Quickly found something. Installed it. Works beautifully! Now I get to view this app on a 23" inch monitor! Plus, I now know I can run any other Android app on this computer.

The final Apple dig. I was able to also run this app on a Google tablet that came out in 2012!
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4245
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: suburbs of Chicago, IL

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by pugchief » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm
I wonder if I can run some Android simulator on this computer.

Searched. Quickly found something. Installed it. Works beautifully! Now I get to view this app on a 23" inch monitor! Plus, I now know I can run any other Android app on this computer.
May I ask what the name of the simulator is? And can you provide a link? Thanks
User avatar
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by InsuranceGuy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 pm

pugchief wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm
I wonder if I can run some Android simulator on this computer.

Searched. Quickly found something. Installed it. Works beautifully! Now I get to view this app on a 23" inch monitor! Plus, I now know I can run any other Android app on this computer.
May I ask what the name of the simulator is? And can you provide a link? Thanks
I have used https://www.bluestacks.com/ in the past to do this.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 pm

InsuranceGuy wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 pm

pugchief wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm

I wonder if I can run some Android simulator on this computer.

Searched. Quickly found something. Installed it. Works beautifully! Now I get to view this app on a 23" inch monitor! Plus, I now know I can run any other Android app on this computer.



May I ask what the name of the simulator is? And can you provide a link? Thanks

I have used https://www.bluestacks.com/ in the past to do this.


That is it!!!

On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it a 15!

"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11189
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by dualstow » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:26 pm

InsuranceGuy wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm
I wonder if I can run some Android simulator on this computer.
...
I have used https://www.bluestacks.com/ in the past to do this.
Neat. i wish I could run this on an ipad.
"It’s easy to be a communist in a free country. But try being free in a communist country." - @vtchakarova
WhatsApp users can no longer opt out of having their data sent to facebook -Schneier blog
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:44 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:26 pm

InsuranceGuy wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm

I wonder if I can run some Android simulator on this computer.
...

I have used https://www.bluestacks.com/ in the past to do this.


Neat. i wish I could run this on an ipad.


You have the same issues as me? An iPad whose operating system has topped out? Or, you'd also like to be able to run Android apps on it?

"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11189
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by dualstow » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 am

I have an new ipad mini so i can still get ipadOS updates if that’s what you mean.
It’s the latter: I would like to see android simulated on my desktop or ipad mini. I don’t run MacOS Big Sur, so I’m out of luck for now.
maybe I should split this off, too. O0

on topic: I had considered joining Parler in late 2020. Now I’m thinking i should leave well enough alone.
"It’s easy to be a communist in a free country. But try being free in a communist country." - @vtchakarova
WhatsApp users can no longer opt out of having their data sent to facebook -Schneier blog
User avatar
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Come into my Parler

Post by InsuranceGuy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 am

dualstow wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 am
I have an new ipad mini so i can still get ipadOS updates if that’s what you mean.
It’s the latter: I would like to see android simulated on my desktop or ipad mini. I don’t run MacOS Big Sur, so I’m out of luck for now.
maybe I should split this off, too. O0
ApowerMirror allows you to mirror an android or PC to your iPad, I have used it in the past:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apowermir ... 1244625890
Post Reply