Where do you guys think Tim Pool moved?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Where do you guys think Tim Pool moved?

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:34 pm

I know a lot of us watch Tim Pool's stuff. Time to speculate! Where do you think he moved?

I'm voting WV.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Where do you guys think Tim Pool moved?

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:40 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:20 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:34 pm
I know a lot of us watch Tim Pool's stuff. Time to speculate! Where do you think he moved?

I'm voting WV.
But I don't remember which video or where.
Feel free to speculate. If you're right, you will bask in the righteous glow of rightness. And if you're wrong we mock you.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:56 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:40 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:34 pm

I'm voting WV.
But I don't remember which video or where.
Feel free to speculate. If you're right, you will bask in the righteous glow of rightness. And if you're wrong we mock you.
We? Is that the imperial we? Thus, I vote WV with Kriegs. Live together, die together. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

MangoMan wrote:
I don't blame him for leaving IL/Chicago.
I think he lived in a PA suburb outside of Philly before his recent move to a more rural area (e.g., see this tweet from last year).
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:26 am

On the latest Tim Pool IRL show (#262), the guest John Tamny happened to mention that Tim lives in rural Maryland.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:41 am

Oops.

TBH, I thought it had to be either eastern WV or (stretch) PA, since he had DC people on so much, and he said he was in a rural area. I think he and I have looked at a lot of the same stuff, so I guess it wouldn't surprise me if he moved to John Michael Greer's old stomping grounds near Cumberland.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 am

Tortoise wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:26 am
On the latest Tim Pool IRL show (#262), the guest John Tamny happened to mention that Tim lives in rural Maryland.
I was about to ask if you were sure, because know I've heard him mention to guests that where they were was a "constitutional carry" state, which Maryland is not. West Virginia is. But I just learned that he has a different youtube channel with videos of them playing with RC cars at his house, and his Tesla does indeed have a Maryland plate.

His situation is like a hillbilly/nerd version of Entourage. Living out in the sticks would be insanely fun if you were there with all your friends.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:50 am

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 am
Tortoise wrote:
I was about to ask if you were sure, because know I've heard him mention to guests that where they were was a "constitutional carry" state, which Maryland is not. West Virginia is. But I just learned that he has a different youtube channel with videos of them playing with RC cars at his house, and his Tesla does indeed have a Maryland plate.
Okay, yeah. Plus, in that Timcast IRL episode, when the guest mentions that Tim lives in Maryland, he says something like, "Oops, was I not supposed to mention that?" Tim replies that it's okay since it had already been mentioned in an article that somebody had written about him. So it sounds like it's not really a secret anymore.

Not sure why Tim would have mentioned "constitutional carry". Maybe he just meant that in his town or county, it's really easy for almost anyone to get a concealed carry permit? He's mentioned a few times that he lives in such an out-of-the-way rural area that a lot of the culture and laws from the cities and suburbs don't really apply, and it feels like living in a completely different state.

Kriegsspiel wrote:
His situation is like a hillbilly/nerd version of Entourage. Living out in the sticks would be insanely fun if you were there with all your friends.
Definitely. He's living the libertarian nerd dream. 8)
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:50 am
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
Okay, yeah. Plus, in that Timcast IRL episode, when the guest mentions that Tim lives in Maryland, he says something like, "Oops, was I not supposed to mention that?" Tim replies that it's okay since it had already been mentioned in an article that somebody had written about him. So it sounds like it's not really a secret anymore.

Not sure why Tim would have mentioned "constitutional carry". Maybe he just meant that in his town or county, it's really easy for almost anyone to get a concealed carry permit? He's mentioned a few times that he lives in such an out-of-the-way rural area that a lot of the culture and laws from the cities and suburbs don't really apply, and it feels like living in a completely different state.
Ah well.
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Definitely. He's living the libertarian nerd dream. 8)
I think I should take that back, since a key component to Entourage was the constant parade of hotties.