How Democrats Lie About Tax Increases

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: How Democrats Lie About Tax Increases

Post by doodle » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Joe bidens tax plan aside...yes, you are very fucking wealthy..probably somewhere in the top .01 percent of people in the world. You definitely should complain some more why you are getting so screwed especially since your job is so difficult that you can spend all day goofing off in a forum.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Here's a suggestion...maybe on your next vacation you should go visit somewhere where you aren't surrounded by people like you. Maybe go visit a place where people break their backs and destroy their health doing jobs that we all depend upon to survive. Maybe visit people that didn't grow up with the benefit of a great education or family, who have fled civil war or violence, risked their lives and every penny they had to hopefully eke out some kind of existence bending over for 12 hours a day in 100 degree heat so that you can toss a pound of strawberries or tomatoes in your shopping cart after a difficult day sitting in front of the computer discussing why you are getting so screwed . Maybe then you might understand why people are tired of listening to the wealthiest few complain and bitch and moan.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:24 pm

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:41 pm

tomfoolery wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:14 pm
doodle wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Here's a suggestion...maybe on your next vacation you should go visit somewhere where you aren't surrounded by people like you. Maybe go visit a place where people break their backs and destroy their health doing jobs that we all depend upon to survive. Maybe visit people that didn't grow up with the benefit of a great education or family, who have fled civil war or violence, risked their lives and every penny they had to hopefully eke out some kind of existence bending over for 12 hours a day in 100 degree heat so that you can toss a pound of strawberries or tomatoes in your shopping cart after a difficult day sitting in front of the computer discussing why you are getting so screwed . Maybe then you might understand why people are tired of listening to the wealthiest few complain and bitch and moan.
Doodle,

Your comments seem pretty common for liberals. Not knowing what I did to get to the place I’m at financially and with my career, or knowing what my immigrant parents did to sacrifice to assist me in going to college, I still haven’t paid enough dues because there’s other people who are currently in the position me and my family was in 20 years ago.

I thought the whole reason I worked so hard was to have a better life. Shit, I think I wouldn’t have bothered if I was told as hard as I worked, it would never be enough and I wouldn’t be allowed to keep what I earned.

You assume I didn’t work 12 hours a day doing construction jobs until I graduated college.

I guess I’m just bitter since me and my family were the idiots who worked hard and refused to take government handouts, even when we qualified. I started taking government handouts this year in the form of SBA money, because screw it. I’ve paid so much in over the years, at least I can get some benefit to it.

And as tax rates rise, I’ll gradually work less, pay fewer taxes due to earning less income and have my hand wide open whenever uncle sugar is offering anything.

Hopefully I’m the rare minority wealthy person who will react this way, otherwise the whole liberal utopia will fail.
I get it. I worked 60-80 hours a week for 15 years to get where I am. In some sense that makes us feel justified. We worked hard... On the other hand I was blessed with a great family, a wonderful partner, no health issues, a stable country and economy, a decent amount of intelligence, and quite a bit of luck. I can guarantee that neither of us has watched their neighbors being shot in the head like my Bosnian friend. Grown up without any adult supervision or education like my Mexican friend because their parents would leave the alone kids at home to fend for themselves in a shack while they picked avocados for 12 hours. Fled Cuba on a raft after being locked up for years and abused in prison for selling beef like a Cuban aquaintance.

I am also saying this to myself.... it is important to put our grievances and issues into perspective. We have literally won the lottery of life and to complain like the world will come to an end if Biden is elected when there are six year old kids sifting through garbage all day in Bangladesh so that they might have enough to afford to eat it strikes me as a bit off putting.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:41 am

If their country was taken over by the next Mao or Pol Pot, everyone on this forum would be re-educated or killed.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am

During my peak years I paid the taxes of ten or twenty average taxpayers. I don’t feel like I owe anything more than normal now. Am I supposed to feel guilty?