Biden Campaign ADMITS The Polls Are WRONG, Trump Is Actually Winning ALREADY In Some Areas

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden Campaign ADMITS The Polls Are WRONG, Trump Is Actually Winning ALREADY In Some Areas

Post by Libertarian666 »

vnatale wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:06 pmCapture.JPG
Exactly.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden Campaign ADMITS The Polls Are WRONG, Trump Is Actually Winning ALREADY In Some Areas

Post by Kbg »

I live in a red state that has done mostly mail in voting for several years. There's a checklist on the outer envelope that says "do this or your ballot will be discarded." It's super complex like:

- Only vote for one candidate per office
- Sign your ballot
- Put the smaller envelope in the bigger envelope and seal the big envelope
- It must be received by date X...send it by mail or bring it to the county office

It even tells you that fraudulent voting is a a crime and the associated penalty(s) if convicted.

The rejection rate is quite low, maybe the people in NY are stupid???
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Kbg wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 am I live in a red state that has done mostly mail in voting for several years. There's a checklist on the outer envelope that says "do this or your ballot will be discarded." It's super complex like:

- Sign your ballot
- It must be received by date X...send it by mail or bring it to the county office

It even tells you that fraudulent voting is a a crime and the associated penalty(s) if convicted.

A big chunk of the population doesn't speak English and/or has minimal or crappy basic education. Plus, many believe themselves to be above the law due to minority status. If they believe that the law can't forbid them from robbing the corner grocery, why should they think that they have to fill out a ballot correctly in order to have their vote counted? Oh, and USPS service is not great in cruddy neighborhoods.

I bet all the big cities will show something similar, and there will be a huge outcry about ballots disenfranchising minorities....
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

I understand how the base just eats this up. But exactly how many undecided's does he sway with this?

Election live updates: Trump offers upbeat assessment of campaign, calls Fauci ‘a disaster’ during staff call

https://www.washingtonpost.com/election ... e-updates/

He's losing ground with white women and seniors. In what demographic has he improved since 2016? And, Biden seems to have far less unfavorables then Hillary did.

Don't see how Trump wins in the the light of all of this. How has his possibilities of winning compared to 2016 either been maintained or improved? He won a lot of the high electoral vote states by slim margins in 2016. Quite easy for them to go the other way this year.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

Kbg wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 am I live in a red state that has done mostly mail in voting for several years. There's a checklist on the outer envelope that says "do this or your ballot will be discarded." It's super complex like:

- Sign your ballot

Low information voters plus low reading and writing skills voters=New York voters.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

I actually like mail in voting a lot. I can take as much time as I want and research the things I’m voting on while I’m marking the ballot.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Kbg wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 pm I actually like mail in voting a lot. I can take as much time as I want and research the things I’m voting on while I’m marking the ballot.
Just as a PSA, anyone can look at who/what's on their local ballot prior to election day so that they can do their due diligence. For instance, on ballotpedia.org.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Tortoise wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:43 pm A mail-in ballot for which a high percentage of its users (say, 10-20%) accidentally fill it out incorrectly seems like an obvious failure from a design perspective.

Things should be designed with “user error” in mind in order to robustly handle it.
My 23 year old granddaughter who lives with me and has been exhibiting signs of extreme TDS was convinced that Trump was trying to steal the election by stopping mail-in voting. So she ordered a ballot and when it arrived yesterday she filled it out immediately and proudly announced that she was carrying it out to the mailbox.

So I asked her how does she know that the mailman isn't a Biden supporter and, seeing all the Trump signs in the neighborhood, assumes that mail-in ballots are mostly for Trump and throws them in the garbage?

She actually returned to her bedroom with the ballot to think about it which I should probably take as a good sign but it's probably a hopeless cause at this point.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:52 am
Kbg wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 pm I actually like mail in voting a lot. I can take as much time as I want and research the things I’m voting on while I’m marking the ballot.
Just as a PSA, anyone can look at who/what's on their local ballot prior to election day so that they can do their due diligence. For instance, on ballotpedia.org.
Solid tip/source. No opinion just explanation. The state I live in has multiple constitutional amendments every voting season, and the site is hugely helpful in figuring them out.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

pp4me wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:51 am
Tortoise wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:43 pm A mail-in ballot for which a high percentage of its users (say, 10-20%) accidentally fill it out incorrectly seems like an obvious failure from a design perspective.

Things should be designed with “user error” in mind in order to robustly handle it.
My 23 year old granddaughter who lives with me and has been exhibiting signs of extreme TDS was convinced that Trump was trying to steal the election by stopping mail-in voting. So she ordered a ballot and when it arrived yesterday she filled it out immediately and proudly announced that she was carrying it out to the mailbox.

So I asked her how does she know that the mailman isn't a Biden supporter and, seeing all the Trump signs in the neighborhood, assumes that mail-in ballots are mostly for Trump and throws them in the garbage?

She actually returned to her bedroom with the ballot to think about it which I should probably take as a good sign but it's probably a hopeless cause at this point.
Please let us know how it turns out.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.