Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 am

Also, while something I recently put here said that the NY Post is slightly more conservative than the average American, I do not consider it to be a media that is reckless in what it reports. Plus, my observation is that it is solidly anti-Trump. Therefore, you could not make the bias argument with them. Guess my main conclusion is that they are going with whatever they think is creditable and which will help get them attention and, thereby, additional revenues.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:12 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 am
vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:43 am
I've since read that this is from Russia and been debunked? I've asked for the source of that information.

Vinny
That's what the lamestream media always says when anything comes out that is unfavorable to their side (Democrat).
In fact, the emails come from a laptop left by Hunter Biden at a repair shop and never picked up.
It actually came from two people on Facebook who had responded to me putting the article on Facebook.

I just checked. No one has yet provided me the source for it being debunked.

I did, however, get this response from someone else: "There's a ton of misinformation on this... It hasn't been debunked, but it also hasn't been verified. Since the information is coming out of Russia, Twitter and Facebook are marking it as potentially harmful until it can be verified either way"

Vinny
It's not coming out of Russia. It's coming from that laptop, which was never in Russia unless Hunter Biden took it with him on a trip there.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:21 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 am
vnatale wrote:
I've since read that this is from Russia and been debunked? I've asked for the source of that information.

Vinny
That's what the lamestream media always says when anything comes out that is unfavorable to their side (Democrat).
In fact, the emails come from a laptop left by Hunter Biden at a repair shop and never picked up.
It actually came from two people on Facebook who had responded to me putting the article on Facebook.

I just checked. No one has yet provided me the source for it being debunked.

I did, however, get this response from someone else: "There's a ton of misinformation on this... It hasn't been debunked, but it also hasn't been verified. Since the information is coming out of Russia, Twitter and Facebook are marking it as potentially harmful until it can be verified either way"

Vinny
Vinny - Do you find it funny the MSM is not covering this 24x7 and using the phrases "If true" and "Potential Bombshell" to report on the info before it has been fully confirmed - I would think if this was a one of Trumps Son's reported laptops it would a 24x7 news -
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 am
pp4me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am
I have the feeling that the big tech and media's attempts to suppress this story are going to backfire big time. Twitter and Facebook can block links to the NY post story but are they going to block links to stories about them blocking the links to the story? Won't this just make the average person more curious?
They're going to try to block everything but, as you suggest, all that will do is make people who don't have stage 4 TDS wonder what is being covered up.
I see that Twitter just blocked Trump's account.

Now that everything's being done virtual because of Covid the CEOs won't even have to travel to D.C. to testify in person before congress again so I guess they figure they can get away with anything.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:03 am

MangoMan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 am
vnatale wrote:
Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am
vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am
Twitter locks Trump campaign’s account over video related to The Post’s Hunter Biden bombshell

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/twitter-b ... -719093899
So are you rethinking your vote?
Definitely not! I'm both a Never Trump and Never Biden!

Was going to vote Libertarian but reading some things here has made me question that. Definitely NOT Green Party. Maybe, then, a write-in for one of the four Democratic candidates I would have voted for. My conscience will do fine if I do that.

Vinny
A better question is would you consider voting for Trump if you lived in a swing state where your vote really mattered. You can be never T or B, but one of them is going to win, so you may as well pick the one you hate less. :P
No. I could NEVER vote for either. Leave it in the hands of those who put us in this quandary.

I post tons of anti-Trump things on Facebook. When I post a few anti-Biden things I get pilloried by those who accuse me of being for Trump. I tell them it's their fault for supporting a Democratic party that allowed Biden to be its nominee. Therefore, it would be all their fault that Trump won and I accept zero responsibility. They were all complicit in providing me with an almost equally unacceptable candidate.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 am

I have received a source from my Facebook post requesting one.

Vinny

Giuliani and the New York Post Are Pushing Russian Disinformation. It’s a Big Test for the Media.
With its new Biden story, Murdoch’s tabloid is a useful idiot for Vladimir Putin.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... RQoTmABV3Q
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am

Due to a pinched nerve in my neck I've spent the last few days binge-watching "Animal Kingdom". If you aren't familiar with it, it's an excellent series on TNT about a mother who calls herself "Smurf" and her four sons who make up a crime family in San Diego. Kind of Breaking-Bad-ish if you enjoyed that show.

So with the story I just read about how the Bidens were expected to kick 50% up to Joe it's like life imitating art.

Have to believe the Trump campaign hasn't been sitting on all of this for a long time just waiting until closer to election time so it doesn't get dropped down the memory hole.

Next up: Biden's counter-attack?
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 am

Vinny

Giuliani and the New York Post Are Pushing Russian Disinformation. It’s a Big Test for the Media.
With its new Biden story, Murdoch’s tabloid is a useful idiot for Vladimir Putin.

Looks like the hit pieces are coming in for Giuliani:

- Motherjones has Giuliani has a Russian asset - Vinny's link above

- MSNBC has Giuliani as Rudy Giuliani is the boy who cried Ukraine (Running a con on the American people) - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

- Yahoo has Giuliani as a racist's - Rudy Giuliani Accidentally Uploaded Video of Himself Being Racist - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rud ... 33353.html
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:41 pm

GT wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

- MSNBC has Giuliani as Rudy Giuliani is the boy who cried Ukraine (Running a con on the American people) - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing

- Yahoo has Giuliani as a racist's - Rudy Giuliani Accidentally Uploaded Video of Himself Being Racist - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rud ... 33353.html
This is an example of the old saying, "If you're taking flak, you're over the target".
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:45 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:41 pm
GT wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

This is an example of the old saying, "If you're taking flak, you're over the target".
I think you are right as the hits keep coming

- Daily News has Giuliani as a Russian Dope
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

- Huff Post has Giuliani as Ignore Giuliani - Rudy Giuliani’s Daughter Suggests You Ignore Her Dad And Vote For Joe Bidenhttps://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-da ... eccffea28d

I don't really care about Giuliani just amazed at how quickly the hit pieces can come out claiming dubious sources against the Biden's versus the Russian dossier on Trump that people had to endure on MSM for years -
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am

Newsweek

Blocking NY Post Hunter Biden Story Was 'Wrong', Twitter CEO Says

In the wake of significant backlash over Twitter's suppression of a New York Post story about Hunter Biden, the CEO, Jack Dorsey, called the company's response "wrong."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:06 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 am

Newsweek

Blocking NY Post Hunter Biden Story Was 'Wrong', Twitter CEO Says

In the wake of significant backlash over Twitter's suppression of a New York Post story about Hunter Biden, the CEO, Jack Dorsey, called the company's response "wrong."
Sounds like he's saying that the blocking is okay, as long as they provide "more context".
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm

The politicians and pundits who complain about Twitter's partisan censorship and editorializing but continue to use it instead of switching to an alt-tech platform like Parler aren't helping much.

Trump has 87 million followers on Twitter. If he were to switch to an alt-tech platform, not only would most of them follow him there, but other high-profile Twitter users who regularly retweet Trump, along with most of their followers, would also go.

Trump could single-handedly boost participation in an alt-tech platform by a huge amount simply by switching over from Twitter. It would send a very strong message to big tech platforms that partisan censorship only works if people have no alternative platforms to use.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm
The politicians and pundits who complain about Twitter's partisan censorship and editorializing but continue to use it instead of switching to an alt-tech platform like Parler aren't helping much.

Trump has 87 million followers on Twitter. If he were to switch to an alt-tech platform, not only would most of them follow him there, but other high-profile Twitter users who regularly retweet Trump, along with most of their followers, would also go.

Trump could single-handedly boost participation in an alt-tech platform by a huge amount simply by switching over from Twitter. It would send a very strong message to big tech platforms that partisan censorship only works if people have no alternative platforms to use.
Agree with all you have to say!

Senator Cruz complaining about Twitter censoring media is ridiculous! Twitter is a private media the same way NT Times, ABC, Fox are. They each are free to distribute or allow whatever information they like. If Cruz does not like the way Twitter chooses to do so then being a good free market Republican / conservative he should be advocating the creation of a rival Twitter that allows what he believes that Twitter is censoring.

Cruz is yet another who wants the free market, private enterprise to prevail but when an entity in it does not behave according to his wishes then he wants the government to regulate it! Hypocrisy at its best!

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:20 pm
Tortoise wrote:

He already is on Parler as well, in fact.
But it's hard to get people to switch platforms.
That's why I said Trump should "switch to" an alt-tech platform, not use the alt-tech platform while continuing to use Twitter. He should stop using Twitter and switch completely to Parler. If he did that, you can be sure a lot more people would follow him on Parler.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm
Tortoise wrote:

Agree with all you have to say!

Senator Cruz complaining about Twitter censoring media is ridiculous! Twitter is a private media the same way NT Times, ABC, Fox are. They each are free to distribute or allow whatever information they like. If Cruz does not like the way Twitter chooses to do so then being a good free market Republican / conservative he should be advocating the creation of a rival Twitter that allows what he believes that Twitter is censoring.

Cruz is yet another who wants the free market, private enterprise to prevail but when an entity in it does not behave according to his wishes then he wants the government to regulate it! Hypocrisy at its best!

Vinny
The NY Times, ABC, Fox, etc., don't have immunity from liability for publishing defamatory material.
Twitter does, under Section 230 of the CDA. But that immunity is based on the notion that they aren't publishers or platforms.
But if they aren't publishers but platforms, they can't censor content.
So which is it? Are they publishers (liable for lawsuits for defamatory material) or not (no censorship)?
They can't have it both ways, but that's where we are right now.

That's what Cruz and other critics are saying: they have to choose whether they want to be publishers or platforms.
Do you have a problem with that?
What you say is clear. When Cruz speaks it is not clear and sounds like a sheep bleating.

Vinny
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

If Biden gets elected, this scandal is golden for Harris.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:58 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm
If Biden gets elected, this scandal is golden for Harris.
Yes, I suppose.
Fortunately, I don't see any significant likelihood of that happening.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:23 am

yeah its looking like a Trump landslide
https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFr ... o/g8ovcrx/

Im hardly convinced that isnt the plan though. The elites only care about money printing and Trump's fully on board.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:03 am

Wow, those Russian operatives are all around us, probably even under the bed.
That's the only possible explanation of all this evidence!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Read the below article. From reading it is seems conclusive that the laptop was Hunter Biden's.

Have not delved deep enough into all the laptops contents to see if there is any fire here. But it'd not surprise me since Biden has been well known to do things which enrich his family.

Vinny

Text messages show raw and intimate exchange between Joe and Hunter Biden

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/texts-sho ... ter-biden/
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Read the below article. From reading it is seems conclusive that the laptop was Hunter Biden's.

Have not delved deep enough into all the laptops contents to see if there is any fire here. But it'd not surprise me since Biden has been well known to do things which enrich his family.

Vinny

Peter Schweitzer said it was real. He's never been proven wrong yet as far as I know.
Tucker Carlson said he has been shown unambiguous proof that it was real. I'm not aware of any flat statement of this type that he has made and has been proven wrong.
And note that the Biden campaign hasn't said it was fake. They just don't want to talk about it.

I don't think shouting "Russians, Russians!" is going to work this time.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Vinny

Peter Schweitzer said it was real. He's never been proven wrong yet as far as I know.
Tucker Carlson said he has been shown unambiguous proof that it was real. I'm not aware of any flat statement of this type that he has made and has been proven wrong.
And note that the Biden campaign hasn't said it was fake. They just don't want to talk about it.

I don't think shouting "Russians, Russians!" is going to work this time.
After I read the article I did not doubt that anything I read from the laptop was not true. I've not invested any time into interpreting any of the information to see if I agree with the (biased) interpretations of others. But, again, I've always believed Biden himself has no integrity so it'd not surprise me if those interpretations, biased or not, were true.

Vinny