Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by Tortoise » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm

The politicians and pundits who complain about Twitter's partisan censorship and editorializing but continue to use it instead of switching to an alt-tech platform like Parler aren't helping much.

Trump has 87 million followers on Twitter. If he were to switch to an alt-tech platform, not only would most of them follow him there, but other high-profile Twitter users who regularly retweet Trump, along with most of their followers, would also go.

Trump could single-handedly boost participation in an alt-tech platform by a huge amount simply by switching over from Twitter. It would send a very strong message to big tech platforms that partisan censorship only works if people have no alternative platforms to use.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm
The politicians and pundits who complain about Twitter's partisan censorship and editorializing but continue to use it instead of switching to an alt-tech platform like Parler aren't helping much.

Trump has 87 million followers on Twitter. If he were to switch to an alt-tech platform, not only would most of them follow him there, but other high-profile Twitter users who regularly retweet Trump, along with most of their followers, would also go.

Trump could single-handedly boost participation in an alt-tech platform by a huge amount simply by switching over from Twitter. It would send a very strong message to big tech platforms that partisan censorship only works if people have no alternative platforms to use.
Agree with all you have to say!

Senator Cruz complaining about Twitter censoring media is ridiculous! Twitter is a private media the same way NT Times, ABC, Fox are. They each are free to distribute or allow whatever information they like. If Cruz does not like the way Twitter chooses to do so then being a good free market Republican / conservative he should be advocating the creation of a rival Twitter that allows what he believes that Twitter is censoring.

Cruz is yet another who wants the free market, private enterprise to prevail but when an entity in it does not behave according to his wishes then he wants the government to regulate it! Hypocrisy at its best!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:20 pm
Tortoise wrote:

He already is on Parler as well, in fact.
But it's hard to get people to switch platforms.
That's why I said Trump should "switch to" an alt-tech platform, not use the alt-tech platform while continuing to use Twitter. He should stop using Twitter and switch completely to Parler. If he did that, you can be sure a lot more people would follow him on Parler.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm
vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm
Tortoise wrote:

Agree with all you have to say!

Senator Cruz complaining about Twitter censoring media is ridiculous! Twitter is a private media the same way NT Times, ABC, Fox are. They each are free to distribute or allow whatever information they like. If Cruz does not like the way Twitter chooses to do so then being a good free market Republican / conservative he should be advocating the creation of a rival Twitter that allows what he believes that Twitter is censoring.

Cruz is yet another who wants the free market, private enterprise to prevail but when an entity in it does not behave according to his wishes then he wants the government to regulate it! Hypocrisy at its best!

Vinny
The NY Times, ABC, Fox, etc., don't have immunity from liability for publishing defamatory material.
Twitter does, under Section 230 of the CDA. But that immunity is based on the notion that they aren't publishers or platforms.
But if they aren't publishers but platforms, they can't censor content.
So which is it? Are they publishers (liable for lawsuits for defamatory material) or not (no censorship)?
They can't have it both ways, but that's where we are right now.

That's what Cruz and other critics are saying: they have to choose whether they want to be publishers or platforms.
Do you have a problem with that?
What you say is clear. When Cruz speaks it is not clear and sounds like a sheep bleating.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

If Biden gets elected, this scandal is golden for Harris.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:58 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm
If Biden gets elected, this scandal is golden for Harris.
Yes, I suppose.
Fortunately, I don't see any significant likelihood of that happening.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:23 am

yeah its looking like a Trump landslide
https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFr ... o/g8ovcrx/

Im hardly convinced that isnt the plan though. The elites only care about money printing and Trump's fully on board.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:03 am

Wow, those Russian operatives are all around us, probably even under the bed.
That's the only possible explanation of all this evidence!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Read the below article. From reading it is seems conclusive that the laptop was Hunter Biden's.

Have not delved deep enough into all the laptops contents to see if there is any fire here. But it'd not surprise me since Biden has been well known to do things which enrich his family.

Vinny

Text messages show raw and intimate exchange between Joe and Hunter Biden

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/texts-sho ... ter-biden/
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Read the below article. From reading it is seems conclusive that the laptop was Hunter Biden's.

Have not delved deep enough into all the laptops contents to see if there is any fire here. But it'd not surprise me since Biden has been well known to do things which enrich his family.

Vinny

Peter Schweitzer said it was real. He's never been proven wrong yet as far as I know.
Tucker Carlson said he has been shown unambiguous proof that it was real. I'm not aware of any flat statement of this type that he has made and has been proven wrong.
And note that the Biden campaign hasn't said it was fake. They just don't want to talk about it.

I don't think shouting "Russians, Russians!" is going to work this time.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Vinny

Peter Schweitzer said it was real. He's never been proven wrong yet as far as I know.
Tucker Carlson said he has been shown unambiguous proof that it was real. I'm not aware of any flat statement of this type that he has made and has been proven wrong.
And note that the Biden campaign hasn't said it was fake. They just don't want to talk about it.

I don't think shouting "Russians, Russians!" is going to work this time.
After I read the article I did not doubt that anything I read from the laptop was not true. I've not invested any time into interpreting any of the information to see if I agree with the (biased) interpretations of others. But, again, I've always believed Biden himself has no integrity so it'd not surprise me if those interpretations, biased or not, were true.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:28 pm

By censoring The Post, Big Tech is begging for big-time reform

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/by-censor ... me-reform/
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 am

vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:28 pm
By censoring The Post, Big Tech is begging for big-time reform

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/by-censor ... me-reform/
That would be wonderful.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 pm

New York Post Insiders Slag ‘Very Flimsy’ Hunter Biden Stories

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10 ... ories.html

Beyond the articles about Biden’s purported emails, the Post has published dozens of articles about the fallout from its scoop, with a particular focus on Facebook and Twitter’s attempts to “censor” the paper by limiting or blocking access to the Post article. Facebook said that it would limit the article’s presence in user’s news feeds, while Twitter went much further and locked the Post out of its own Twitter account.

The social-media giants later reversed their stances on the story, but by then they had already turned the Post into a martyr on the right. Conservative politicians have rallied to the paper’s defense. Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee have accused Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey of “election interference” and promised to subpoena him to testify before Congress. The Post, meanwhile, has covered all of these developments in excruciating detail.

The internal critics of the Hunter Biden stories have been torn between calling out Twitter’s obvious overreach and defending the paper’s murky reporting. It’s a dilemma familiar to the many Posties who take pride in their work covering the city even as they wince at the paper’s often sycophantic coverage of Trump.

“It just makes you cringe and roll your eyes, and it’s hard to stomach, but at the same time we kind of know that you’re signing up for stuff like that,” one Post reporter said. “It’s upsetting. It’s disappointing. It sucks to, like, work for, like, a propaganda outlet.”