Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by technovelist » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:34 am

"Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-rev ... an-to-dad/
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by I Shrugged » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:54 pm

That is a weird story! Did the computer guy break any laws in doing that?

At this point I don't think it will affect the election. It might linger afterwards if Biden wins, though.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Post by technovelist » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:42 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:54 pm
That is a weird story! Did the computer guy break any laws in doing that?

At this point I don't think it will affect the election. It might linger afterwards if Biden wins, though.
I don't know of any laws that he broke but I'm not a lawyer.
And I do think it can affect the election. I'm sure the Trump campaign is getting ads ready to bombard the swing states with proof of Biden's corruption.
Will it make people vote for Trump? Probably not. But it might make them stay home, which is half as good.
tomfoolery
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tomfoolery » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 am

If this was real news, why did Facebook and Twatter ban it from their sites?
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 am
If this was real news, why did Facebook and Twatter ban it from their sites?
:D
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:21 am

Just heard Sean Spicer on C-Span for 45 minutes discussing his book and other things. He was quite good.

Pointed out that with the releasing of Trump's return information was okay, with no questioning the propriety of the sources while in this case this is not being discussing based upon the premise of questioning the propriety of the sources.

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am

I have the feeling that the big tech and media's attempts to suppress this story are going to backfire big time. Twitter and Facebook can block links to the NY post story but are they going to block links to stories about them blocking the links to the story? Won't this just make the average person more curious?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:36 am

pp4me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am
I have the feeling that the big tech and media's attempts to suppress this story are going to backfire big time. Twitter and Facebook can block links to the NY post story but are they going to block links to stories about them blocking the links to the story? Won't this just make the average person more curious?
As an experiment.....Iwas able to post it to Facebook. But Twitter would not let me do so saying that it was "potentially harmful".

Vinny

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-rev ... an-to-dad/
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am

Twitter locks Trump campaign’s account over video related to The Post’s Hunter Biden bombshell

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/twitter-b ... -719093899
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 am

pp4me wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 am
They're going to try to block everything but, as you suggest, all that will do is make people who don't have stage 4 TDS wonder what is being covered up.
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am
Twitter locks Trump campaign’s account over video related to The Post’s Hunter Biden bombshell

So are you rethinking your vote?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:43 am

technovelist wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 am
vnatale wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:38 am

So are you rethinking your vote?
Definitely not! I'm both a Never Trump and Never Biden!

Was going to vote Libertarian but reading some things here has made me question that. Definitely NOT Green Party. Maybe, then, a write-in for one of the four Democratic candidates I would have voted for. My conscience will do fine if I do that.

Vinny