Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Re: Trump has Covid-19

Post by Cortopassi »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:04 pm Confused...why are these weenies all checking into hospitals, being given heavy doses of drugs, for 'mild' symptoms? I mean, it's just like the flu right? Who goes to these lengths with the flu? Are they just hypochondriacs? What's the deal?
I had a whole list of whys. Ehh, decided not to.

They can flaunt the rules and magically not get affected. Oops.

Technically, they are more important than us. If that wasn't just shoved in my face all the time, though, I'd probably be ok with it.

Like:
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by drumminj »

Cortopassi wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:32 pm Technically, they are more important than us. If that wasn't just shoved in my face all the time, though, I'd probably be ok with it.
Sincerely trying to understand here, since you didn't respond to my previous question.....

You're upset with the people who are making personal choices and going about their lives because....you're choosing to look at photos that were chosen to be published by some paper/blog/website that a photographer chose to take of the people in the photo...none of it at the direction of the people in the photos?

Who's shoving it in your face? And even if they are, shouldn't you be upset with those people (the press, presumably) rather than the people simply going about their lives, making their own choices?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Ejc_tyzXkAAfDGE.jpg
Ejc_tyzXkAAfDGE.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
Yep, hard at work..signing blank pieces of paper.

I don't know anymore what to say...who to blame. Is it america? Is it Donald Trump? Is it politics? Or is it just people? Honestly I'm becoming a jaded spiteful misanthrope. F*#@ Humans. Maybe that should be my political party slogan going forward.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Trump is 74 and according to actuarial tables has a 2.3% chance of dying this year. Which I hesitate to include because as exciting to the liberals as it would be, this means over half of the people in his age bracket who died of COVID were going to die anyway this year. Of something else. Because they're old.

Yeah, your statistical extrapolations are more than a little off there...maybe you should reread that
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Trump has learned a lot about covid. “I learned it by really going to school,” Trump said. “This is the real school, this isn’t the ‘let’s read the book’ school. And I get it. And I understand it. And it’s a very interesting thing, and I’m going to be letting you know about it.”

What a moron. Anyone who reads that and thinks this man is fit to lead is an uncontestable idiot.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

More ad hominem to solidify the position. Sad. Prayers urgently needed.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:12 pm Trump has learned a lot about covid. “I learned it by really going to school,” Trump said. “This is the real school, this isn’t the ‘let’s read the book’ school. And I get it. And I understand it. And it’s a very interesting thing, and I’m going to be letting you know about it.”

What a moron. Anyone who reads that and thinks this man is fit to lead is an uncontestable idiot.
The man knows sales.
Advertising doesn't work because it makes sense.

This advertisement will work.

Trump is doing what he knows works, not what makes sense.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:43 pm Honestly I'm becoming a jaded spiteful misanthrope.
If you hadn’t told us, we never would have guessed. O0
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:12 pm Trump has learned a lot about covid. “I learned it by really going to school,” Trump said. “This is the real school, this isn’t the ‘let’s read the book’ school. And I get it. And I understand it. And it’s a very interesting thing, and I’m going to be letting you know about it.”

Just because the Trump thing is black and white to you doesn't mean that's how it is. There is a huge gray area in between "I love Trump" and "I want Trump out at any cost".

Your name calling is the exact same thing that Hillary did. Can you not see that? You need to step back and ponder if maybe you're not able to see the forest because of the one big orange tree.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

I Shrugged wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Just because the Trump thing is black and white to you doesn't mean that's how it is. There is a huge gray area in between "I love Trump" and "I want Trump out at any cost".

Your name calling is the exact same thing that Hillary did. Can you not see that? You need to step back and ponder if maybe you're not able to see the forest because of the one big orange tree.
Really? Cause I thought Trump was the one making up all the cute names for his opponents. Can you not see that? That's not rhetorical. Can you see that?

There are objective standards for idiocy and Trump checks all the boxes. Can't win hearts and minds of an audience devoid of those faculties. Sorry, that isn't an ad hominem. His behavior is objectively stupid.

Walter Reed physician comments on latest batch of idiocy displayed by our genius in chief.
Screenshot_20201004-193300.png
Screenshot_20201004-193300.png (388.47 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

The dude is a marketing genius. He sent a hundred pizzas out to the crowd supporting him outside Walter Reed.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:43 pm His behavior is objectively stupid.
His behavior is subjectively stupid.

It could be that you are wrong.
Is it stupid to do what works?
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:04 pm Confused...why are these weenies all checking into hospitals, being given heavy doses of drugs, for 'mild' symptoms?
Because they’re high-level politicians, so they’re being about 100x more cautious than their mild cold-like symptoms warrant.
doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:04 pm I mean, it's just like the flu right? Who goes to these lengths with the flu? Are they just hypochondriacs? What's the deal?
It’s more like the common cold than the flu. In fact, I’d say the data we’ve gathered this year shows us pretty clearly that SARS-CoV-2 is literally just a new variant of the common cold whose symptoms happen to disproportionately affect very old and/or frail people.

It’s the sniffles. That’s the hilarious truth. We’ve gone full 1984 and lost our collective sanity over the sniffles. Welcome to the Twilight Zone!
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Mark Leavy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Depends if you have any conscience. Because he is a sociopath and everything is a means to an end for him then perhaps by those standards his behavior is genius. He doesn't give two shits who gets hurt if he gets what he wants. And you understand that his playbook is pure demagoguery? Right? Like that term has a definition and objective standards to measure it by. You are complimenting the same populist tactics that Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro use.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm

Depends if you have any conscience. Because he is a sociopath and everything is a means to an end for him then perhaps by those standards his behavior is genius. He doesn't give two shits who gets hurt if he gets what he wants. And you understand that his playbook is pure demagoguery? Right? Like that term has a definition and objective standards to measure it by. You are complimenting the same populist tactics that Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro use.
It's not a compliment on ethos to acknowledge that Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro are/were talented and intelligent. Try to be objective.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Mark Leavy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 pm
doodle wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm

It's not a compliment on ethos to acknowledge that Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro are/were talented and intelligent. Try to be objective.
You're shouting down a well.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

All this activity in the last hour! Is it all from the the mind of a manic-depressive?

Vinny
3Capture.JPG
3Capture.JPG (33.57 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
2Capture.JPG
2Capture.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
1Capture.JPG
1Capture.JPG (104.26 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

If you want to know more about "The 25th Amendment & Continuity of Government" put on C-Span now! Or, catch it later on the C-Span web site.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (58.83 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

One of the side affects of dexamethasone one of the drugs in the cocktail that our 'warrior president' took for his sniffles...is grandiose delusions so who knows what effect that would have on a man already consumed by those...The stream of bullshit spewing out of that man is an infinite wellspring. That isn't really the trouble though.... It's that so many americans believe it.

President Donald Trump during Tuesday night’s debate said he secured the endorsement of the “Portland sheriff” -- presumably a reference to Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese.

Reese shortly after tweeted that was false.

“In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the ‘Portland Sheriff’ supports him," Reese said on Twitter. "As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him.”
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

"Bored and eager to appear healthy"

Appear?

Vinny

Trump hopes for Monday discharge as Americans wonder about his health

https://ktvz.com/politics/2020/10/05/tr ... is-health/
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

But after all according to Mr. Leavy, what does the truth matter when lying works just fine?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Trump isn't hitler..largely because he is constrained by laws and institutions of our country. Rex Tillerson (who knows the man a bit better than any of you) explained how exasperating it was to have to hold the man's hand and explain to him constantly like he was a six year old that the things he was trying to do were illegal. The man has mentioned extending his term, called into question peaceful transition, used tear gas against peaceful protestors, time and again whipped up public sentiment to pitch. Look at his latest tweets in all caps for crying out loud. Can certainly imagine him shouting those from the steps of the Reichstag. My family is all from Austria and Germany....a lot of them were nazis, they know what a nazi looks like. No surprise, Trump reminds them of the nazis.
Last edited by doodle on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.2 KiB) Viewed 3296 times