Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump has Covid-19

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:35 am

Tortoise wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:26 am
doodle wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:10 am
What American culture and traditions have [Democrats] vowed to destroy?
Their vow has taken the form of the sum total of their actions in recent decades, accelerating in recent years. And actions speak louder than words:

- The Dems’ Covid-1984 lockdowns have been blatantly unconstitutional, and they’ve practically been drooling over a supposed “new normal” that bears little resemblance to the pre-2020 American culture.

- The Dem mayors of many of America’s formerly great cities have allowed endless rioting, vandalism, crime, and homelessness to consume their cities.

- The Dems have attempted to rewrite history by letting leftist mobs tear down statues, renaming famous institutions and brands, etc.

- The Dems have used cancel culture to censor the free expression of ideas and impose their progressive ideals on academia, corporate America, the media, the entertainment industry, etc.

- The Dems have shoved racism down Americans’ throats practically everywhere, especially teaching white people to self-loathe and despise their race’s heritage and accomplishments.

- The Dems in the entertainment industry have force-fed us feminism and misandry in countless films, TV shows, and ads, emasculating the men they portray and attacking the traditional notion of the nuclear family and relationships between strong, smart men and graceful, feminine women.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. You get the idea.
Well said Tortoise. That's pretty much my assessment too. And that of most of my friends, both men and women. One example to illustrate a point on your list: My 7 year old grandson was at my daughter's home yesterday and had some kid TV cartoon show on. The "indoctrination" to the LGBTQ+ agenda that was portrayed was blatant but subtle. Rapidly switched off the TV.

The progressive agenda of the last 50 - 60 years is accelerating and truly disgusting to those with a shred of traditional morals and an ability to objectively and critically understand history, why civilizations rise and fall, and why it is so important to think for ones self and not blindly swallow the media and politicians' hogwash. Thanks be to God there are still a lot of those people.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:07 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:19 pm
Sorry, had to change my avatar. Not that I am sold on Biden, but well, as WiseOne put it...death knell.

tech, if you can't deal with seeing it, ignore me... 8)
Funny how the guy who whines about Trump not unifying the country is the first person on this forum to post a political avatar and tell people to just deal with it. Nice work.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:56 am

doodle wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:10 am
What American culture and traditions have they vowed to destroy?
The word used by a number of prominent democratic spokespeople is "dismantle."

Not that it matters. . . but the suggestion that this is a paranoid figment of the Right's imagination is the same duplicitous rhetoric that caused the democratic party to lose every shred of credibility it once had. And it is precisely this kind of gaslighting that has caused a number of once-respected leftists on this forum to self-destruct.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:38 am

Xan wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:36 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:33 pm
But who knows. By election day neither may be on the ballot! It's 2020! Expect the unexpected!
That's an interesting angle. There's certainly a non-zero chance that both will be dead/incapacitated by the election.

But I think at this point, even if they died, they'd be the names on the ballot. Voting has already started, hasn't it? They can't change ballots now. I'm not sure what would happen if a dead man were to win. Would the electors pledged to him be free to vote for whoever? Would the party nominate someone else? Would the VP candidate become the President?
http://www.smirkingchimp.com/node/93168

Here's How the Presidential Election Could Be Upended If One of the Candidates Dies

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 am

ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:46 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:13 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:09 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:57 pm
lol. What world are you guys living in? You actually think that people that WOULD HAVE voted for Trump 2 days ago will now suddenly either:

1. Not vote at all, or
2. Vote for Biden

Seriously?! No offense, but you guys are delusional.

I think you guys must think that there are a bunch of undecided voters out there.

Let me give you a little insider information since I actually live in 1 of 2 battleground counties in a must-win swing state.

Where I live, if a known democrat or someone you don’t know well asks who you are voting for... MANY MANY women here say “I don’t know”. In fact, my wife has sternly told me to NEVER tell anyone that she votes republican. Lots of women don’t want to draw attention to themselves or their kids (since their teachers are typically liberal democrats). In fact, if a minority asks them, they will lie and say Democrat.

I don’t know anybody who is REALLY undecided. How can you be in such a polarized election??

In fact, my wife’s recent anonymous local Facebook “mom’s” group poll showed pretty clear side-picking. And no, Biden was not leading among those suburban white women. It was pretty much tied (which is not a good sign for Biden).

There are also waaaayyyy more Trump signs in yards and noticeably less Democrat yard signs compared to 2016. Ironically, the national polls for our battle-ground county still have Biden as the favorite (just like Clinton).

Biden better hope Trump actually dies.... and even that might not bring him victory.
Are these at all contradictory?

Vinny
I can’t tell if you are being a wise-@ass or serious, but I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt...

I said “Many”, not “All”
I said “Women”, not “Men and Women”

Besides, these 2 comments are not dependent on each other... unless you answer “yes” to the following questions:

Do you think all yards have a sign?

Do you think that my 1st statement somehow means that it is no longer possible to see an increase / decrease of republican/democratic support between elections?

Those were rhetorical questions.
I was being totally serious.

"Many, many" could be interpreted as being around the 70% range?

Yes, no absolute numbers implied with your signs statement. But wouldn't be a reasonable assumption that it's only single family homeowners and not multi-family houses that would have the signs? And, a further reasonable assumption that the vast majority of those houses are occupied by an adult male and adult female, both of whom agree with the sign?

Therefore, though a woman who does not know me that well and who are Trump voters will tell me, "I don't know"? Yet if I do know where they live I have a great indicator of who they are voting for? Of course, what I say depends that I know where they live.

Vinny
My apologies for being harsh then.

Although I known many people (both democrat and republican), i don’t know everyone in my voting district. I can only speak of the sample size for which i am aware. Thar is why I said “Many” instead of “Most” or “All”.

However, with that said, I know a lot of people. Being a “closet republican” is certainly a very real thing out here for many people.

The vast majority of yards do not have yard signs in my surrounding area. But there are still a lot... for example, this year EVERY house on my street has one except for us. They are all Trump.... and many of the signs are huge.

Trump energy seems way up this year (as opposed to 2016). Hillary appears to have had more energy than Biden does. In fact, Biden signs are super noticeable because they are pretty rare.
No offense taken so no apologies necessary.

Yard signs, though, can be deceiving. One year I proclaimed that a certain mayoral candidate in the town next to me was going to win because that candidate had the vast majority of lawn signs. But I was shocked when he did not win.

What Trump has proven is that his supporters seem to be more passionate. Therefore that would lead to them being more willing to put out those lawn signs.

Where I live I've not yet seen a sign for anyone.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:02 am

DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 am

Yard signs, though, can be deceiving. One year I proclaimed that a certain mayoral candidate in the town next to me was going to win because that candidate had the vast majority of lawn signs. But I was shocked when he did not win.

What Trump has proven is that his supporters seem to be more passionate. Therefore that would lead to them being more willing to put out those lawn signs.

Vinny
Totally agree. However, keep in mind that:

I am not comparing the the Trump vs. Biden signs in isolation. I am comparing the ratio difference between Trump/Biden signs to Trump/Clinton signs.

Trump won in my area in 2016 (polling favored Clinton). Being as Trumps ratio seems to have increased in my battle-ground area... this is not a good signal for Biden.

Again, I basically live in a must-win area in a must-win state (that polling has the democrats winning).

Another must-win district that is a stone’s throw from mine (that the democrats are favored to win) currently has a first-term democrat.

People voted for him b/c:

1. It was a special election b/c the republican cheated on his wife and tried to pressure the mistress into an abortion (despite him being politically vocal against abortion).

2. This young and handsome local democrat (whose family is politically connected) was going to the gun shows, etc talking about how he loves to hunt, loves God, etc. People ate it up.

Obviously, keep in mind the low voter turnout for the special election favored the Democrats.

But....

Then came the impeachment. He tried to stay as tight-lipped as he could, but he eventually fell into party-line and voted to impeach.

That shattered the illusion of a Democrat with Republican values for a lot of people. I would be SHOCKED if our “democrat leaning” state actually went democrat.

Without a real black person on the ticket, you can’t get enough voter turnout on the democrat side. Even if Biden died... Harris is no Obama (on multiple levels).

I am pretty confident our state will go to Trump.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:11 am

They are reporting that Trump is expected to go back to the White House tomorrow.

IMHO, this will only make Trump more credible when he talks about Covid since he actually experienced it.

Probably a net gain for republicans.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:12 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:07 am
Cortopassi wrote:
Sorry, had to change my avatar. Not that I am sold on Biden, but well, as WiseOne put it...death knell.

Funny how the guy who whines about Trump not unifying the country is the first person on this forum to post a political avatar and tell people to just deal with it. Nice work.
Well.. I wasn't the first. Weekend at Biden's I think is the winner. And maybe Cthulhu. :)

In any event, I believe Biden is the better choice of two poor choices.

I believe the NYT makes Covid related articles accessible. Interesting one here with lots of pics showing the interaction between people who now have it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... covid.html

Again, I look at the "normalcy" portrayed by these pictures, and not afforded to the rest of us peons and that more than anything is what upsets me.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:26 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:12 am

Again, I look at the "normalcy" portrayed by these pictures, and not afforded to the rest of us peons and that more than anything is what upsets me.
Corto,
Would you please this flesh out; I don’t understand what is upsetting. Thanks.
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by drumminj » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 am

Cortopassi wrote:

I believe the point was made earlier, but it's not the president nor the federal government who is denying you such "normalcy". It's your governor/local politicans that are issuing executive orders and mandates, shutting down businesses, requiring masks, shutting down parks, etc. No?

I don't post much here but do read, and it seems to me your ire is directed in the wrong place. Are you upset that others are willing to take risks (standing up to the authoritarianism) that you're not?
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:45 am

drumminj wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 am
Cortopassi wrote:

I believe the point was made earlier, but it's not the president nor the federal government who is denying you such "normalcy". It's your governor/local politicans that are issuing executive orders and mandates, shutting down businesses, requiring masks, shutting down parks, etc. No?
Yes, exactly.
drumminj wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 am
I don't post much here but do read, and it seems to me your ire is directed in the wrong place. Are you upset that others are willing to take risks (standing up to the authoritarianism) that you're not?
Of course I can't answer for cortopassi.

But I do know that there are a lot of people who buy into the Marxist media's 24/7 trashing of the President as being responsible for everything bad in the world. This may explain unreasoning disapproval of him for things that he can't control and in fact opposes, e.g., tyrannical lockdowns and ceaseless rioting.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:49 am

Based on today's medical press briefing, I think there's a good possibility that the man is in very bad shape. They would not be bombarding him with big gun medications, including experimentals, if his symptoms were indeed mild and there were no cause for concern. We've been informed about monoclodal antibody therapy, Remdesivir, and now Dexamethasone.
The physicians have a dilemma. If they don't intervene enough, it's a risk. But administration of high intensity medications introduces its own set of risks, especially experimentals with little history. The interactions are not fully understood. With one such medication there are risks, administering three of them increases those risks exponentially. Some aggressive physicians hope that whatever adverse consequences can then be controlled by other drugs and therapies, but at some point it can become a tipping wheelbarrow for someone of the President's age and underlying health condition.

This all points to the fact that Trump must be or have been in poor shape for them to go this route. The next few days will be critical.

The inconsistency between yesterday's press briefing and today's is a joke. I feel sorry for the poor physician who finds himself a political messenger (messager?).
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:01 pm

ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 am
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

I am not comparing the the Trump vs. Biden signs in isolation. I am comparing the ratio difference between Trump/Biden signs to Trump/Clinton signs.

Trump won in my area in 2016 (polling favored Clinton). Being as Trumps ratio seems to have increased in my battle-ground area... this is not a good signal for Biden.

Again, I basically live in a must-win area in a must-win state (that polling has the democrats winning).

Another must-win district that is a stone’s throw from mine (that the democrats are favored to win) currently has a first-term democrat.

1. It was a special election b/c the republican cheated on his wife and tried to pressure the mistress into an abortion (despite him being politically vocal against abortion).

2. This young and handsome local democrat (whose family is politically connected) was going to the gun shows, etc talking about how he loves to hunt, loves God, etc. People ate it up.

Obviously, keep in mind the low voter turnout for the special election favored the Democrats.

But....

Then came the impeachment. He tried to stay as tight-lipped as he could, but he eventually fell into party-line and voted to impeach.

That shattered the illusion of a Democrat with Republican values for a lot of people. I would be SHOCKED if our “democrat leaning” state actually went democrat.

Without a real black person on the ticket, you can’t get enough voter turnout on the democrat side. Even if Biden died... Harris is no Obama (on multiple levels).

You make a compelling case with logic based up with facts. You've not named your state, though I think I could determine it by your clues. If you do not name the state, then we will have to wait until the actual election for you to tell us how your state actually voted.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:07 pm

tomfoolery wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:01 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:55 am

So I guess the White House physician is lying too?
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... on-oxygen/
Don't you see the truth? Trump is an authoritative dictator who wants nothing more than to allow people to freely engage in commerce at the risk of lives of 200k dead Americans, most of whom were older than 70 and statistically likely to die this year anyway.

Trump is a racist who supports law and order.

Trump is a xenophobe who supports closing the border when a potential pandemic is about to occur.

He's a monster and he's gotten everyone around him to lie for him out of fear.

Orangeman bad.
A lot more American die per year than I would have guessed. However deaths due to Covid seem to dwarf prior years' deaths from: Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672?

Vinny

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503
Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.6 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births
Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, tables 1, 3, 13 pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017, table B pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
glennds wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:49 am
Based on today's medical press briefing, I think there's a good possibility that the man is in very bad shape. They would not be bombarding him with big gun medications, including experimentals, if his symptoms were indeed mild and there were no cause for concern. We've been informed about monoclodal antibody therapy, Remdesivir, and now Dexamethasone.
The physicians have a dilemma. If they don't intervene enough, it's a risk. But administration of high intensity medications introduces its own set of risks, especially experimentals with little history. The interactions are not fully understood. With one such medication there are risks, administering three of them increases those risks exponentially. Some aggressive physicians hope that whatever adverse consequences can then be controlled by other drugs and therapies, but at some point it can easily become a tipping wheelbarrow for someone of the President's age and underlying health condition.

This all points to the fact that Trump must be or have been in poor shape for them to go this route. The next few days will be critical.

The inconsistency between yesterday's press briefing and today's is a joke. I feel sorry for the poor physician who finds himself a political messenger (messager?).
Well I think anyone who watches yesterday's physician briefing and today's back to back cannot deny the material inconsistencies. Both of them can't be right. Would you please watch them back to back and see if you agree with me?
No comment on whether Trump is good or bad, or the epic battle for the salvation of western civilization. I'm just sharing an interpretation that the man may be more acutely ill than is widely understood.

May I add, I hope this does not sound like I'm hoping for a negative outcome. I'm just saying to incorporate into your own planning the possibility of a more difficult spell of illness than has been represented thus far.
Last edited by glennds on Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:01 pm
ahhrunforthehills wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 am
vnatale wrote:

Vinny

But....

You make a compelling case with logic based up with facts. You've not named your state, though I think I could determine it by your clues. If you do not name the state, then we will have to wait until the actual election for you to tell us how your state actually voted.

Vinny
Sorry, didn’t mean to be cryptic. I was referring to PA.

Polling is pushing towards Biden, but that doesn’t mean much if a blue area like Philly is just polling deeper blue. There aren’t that many swing districts in PA. I think that is where Biden is in trouble.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:21 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:38 pm
glennds wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:20 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
glennds wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:49 am
The physicians have a dilemma. If they don't intervene enough, it's a risk. But administration of high intensity medications introduces its own set of risks, especially experimentals with little history. The interactions are not fully understood. With one such medication there are risks, administering three of them increases those risks exponentially. Some aggressive physicians hope that whatever adverse consequences can then be controlled by other drugs and therapies, but at some point it can easily become a tipping wheelbarrow for someone of the President's age and underlying health condition.

Well I think anyone who watches yesterday's physician briefing and today's back to back cannot deny the material inconsistencies. Both of them can't be right. Would you please watch them back to back and see if you agree with me?
No comment on whether Trump is good or bad, or the epic battle for the salvation of western civilization. I'm just sharing an interpretation that the man may be more acutely ill than is widely understood.
Do you have a link to yesterday's briefing?
Yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5z850KMi6U

Today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJPWXyCsVV4

Vinny
ahhrunforthehills
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ahhrunforthehills » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Vinny,

This seems to talk about the polling skew that I was referring to:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ump-voters

I saw a comment from a liberal that said it perfectly...

“While they are loud, obnoxious and disgusting, like most bullies, they only exhibit this behavior when it's "safe" - meaning, they don't have to defend themselves to an assertive and reasonable person. And, I know some of these "shy" Trumpians: they clam up and say "well, both sides are corrupt" as soon as they have misjudged you as a fellow Trumpian (I'm 60 year old white guy, so it happens embarrassingly often).”

That is EXACTLY what a ton of republicans say in my area when they are talking to someone they don’t know or a known democrat.

In fact, I do it as well as a republican voting registered libertarian.

It is simply easier to dissolve the conversation and go about my day. Why burn bridges to argue over something that the argument will not solve?
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
glennds wrote:

Yesterday's briefing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kqN115KDMg

Today's briefing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wzhALxXmmU
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.96 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:35 pm

😂

You KNOW that’s coming.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 pm
glennds wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
glennds wrote:

Yesterday's briefing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kqN115KDMg

Today's briefing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wzhALxXmmU
I didn't hear any material inconsistencies, but I may have missed something. Can you be more specific?
Ditto. I just watched both.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
flyingpylon wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:07 am
Cortopassi wrote:

Well.. I wasn't the first. Weekend at Biden's I think is the winner. And maybe Cthulhu. :)
Not that it really matters, but I think it was Weekend at Biden’s, then yours, then Cthulhu.
I was directly inspired by your avatar change.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Confused...why are these weenies all checking into hospitals, being given heavy doses of drugs, for 'mild' symptoms? I mean, it's just like the flu right? Who goes to these lengths with the flu? Are they just hypochondriacs? What's the deal?