2020 U.S. Presidential Debates

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: 2020 U.S. Presidential Debates

Post by Mark Leavy »

Mountaineer wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 pm Absolutely! But we have currently abandoned that leader. We have abandoned him in public schools, abandoned his definition of marriage, abandoned his definition of care for the unborn, and we arrogantly think we have abandoned the need for repentance. But, he does not give up. The way forward is clear for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.
I'm more of a "sit under the tree and bitch that I did all of that preachin' and didn't get to see the wipe-out" kinda guy. And, hey, what happened to my tree?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Mark Leavy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Mountaineer wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 pm Absolutely! But we have currently abandoned that leader. We have abandoned him in public schools, abandoned his definition of marriage, abandoned his definition of care for the unborn, and we arrogantly think we have abandoned the need for repentance. But, he does not give up. The way forward is clear for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.
I'm more of a "sit under the tree and bitch that I did all of that preachin' and didn't get to see the wipe-out" kinda guy. And, hey, what happened to my tree?
I think it was submerged for forty days. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal »

Mark Leavy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm I'm more of a "sit under the tree and bitch that I did all of that preachin' and didn't get to see the wipe-out" kinda guy. And, hey, what happened to my tree?
Went to the wrong city to see the wipe-out ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

ahhrunforthehills wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:25 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:05 pm
MangoMan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:43 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:34 pm We don't have to follow the rules. Only the peasants do.
Let's not pretend this is limited to Trump (or Republicans):
-Lightfoot's haicut
-Pritzker's daughter's equestrian participation
-Pelosi's hiar blow out
-Fauci at the ball game.
-Etc
No doubt. But he/they are openly blatant about it, and this have put a lot more people at risk.

Everyone for the most part is being cordial and saying he's in their prayers, but of course there's got to be some back of mind, Finally! thoughts.
Don’t count on it.

I was at a fall festival (huge non-political pumpkin patch/corn maze event). They have it every Fri, Sat, and Sun in the fall.

Probably a thousand people were there (despite both a outdoor mask mandate and a 250 people max gathering limit law in place). There were whites, blacks, hispanics, rich, and poor.

You would think that people would be freaked out yesterday about coronavirus b/c of Trump’s positive test.

Still, 95% of those people had no mask at all. My kid felt out of place wearing one. People were definitely packed together there. Even people working the concessions had masks around there neck, but not on their faces.

This was in a swing county of a must-win swing state.

I think people only really care in solid blue districts.
I live in Massachusetts and when I go to the supermarket (once every two week so so) 100% of customers are wearing face coverings, including children. Is this only because the store says you have to wear them to be in the store?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

vnatale wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:19 pm
I live in Massachusetts and when I go to the supermarket (once every two week so so) 100% of customers are wearing face coverings, including children. Is this only because the store says you have to wear them to be in the store?

Vinny
100%. Wow, that's perfect, huge, best results ever, better than Ivory soap. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

MangoMan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:48 pm
vnatale wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Vinny
Again, Vinny, the answer is simply the blue color. IL is way blue, esp the NE part of the state where I live, and all of the state and local ordinances require masks in all indoor stores. Compliance is generally near 100%.
I'm in Florida right now. All government mask restrictions are removed. But all of the national stores and franchises have their own rules. Their employees are wearing masks half-heartedly. It's hard to keep up the charade when the customers are going about business like normal.