Biden Reportedly Asked For Debate Breaks, REFUSES To Get Inspected For Ear Piece Or Do Drug Test

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden Reportedly Asked For Debate Breaks, REFUSES To Get Inspected For Ear Piece Or Do Drug Test

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (57.88 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden Reportedly Asked For Debate Breaks, REFUSES To Get Inspected For Ear Piece Or Do Drug Test

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (53.87 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Kbg wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:46 pm Frankly none of you guys matter.
You monster.
Neither of them “killed it” nor were killed by it.
That's probably fair.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.33 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal »

Kriegsspiel wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:54 pm
Kbg wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:46 pm Frankly none of you guys matter.
You monster.
Neither of them “killed it” nor were killed by it.
That's probably fair.
Heh,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pn1LnWer04
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

I only watched the first 30-40 minutes; could not stand it more than that. My one word to summarize what I saw: EMBARRASSING
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

There is a well known political statistical rule of thumb that goes like this...throw out 30% points on each side and pay attention to the rest as for that 60% it just doesn't matter what you ask them; their side is awesome and the other side sucks. This is also the reason why the candidates only actively campaign in a handful of states.

Middle Roaders of the World Unite!
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Mountaineer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:00 am I only watched the first 30-40 minutes; could not stand it more than that. My one word to summarize what I saw: EMBARRASSING
I found it very annoying. I turned it off about then too.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Please comment on the white supremacists stand back and stand by comment.

Couldn’t give a straight answer yes, I condemn.
————
Anyway, Biden did what he needed to. Some gaffs, but not demented, spoke to the camera to the people directly many times, which was pretty powerful. Smiled. I don’t think Trump smiled once. Felt like a guy trying to get above the crap Trump was throwing, but jumped in a few times, hard not to.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Agree with the comments that the debate was an embarrassing farce. I would expect it elicited pity from other industrialized countries, and maybe familiarity from some banana republics.
I would say nobody "won"; the question might be who lost more.

For a lot of people, I'm sure they saw pretty much what they wanted to see going in. Anymore political reality appears to just take the shape of our predispositions no matter how we arrived at them. Until it become impossible to hang on.

I think the debate rules are now a point of scrutiny and will probably change. I wonder how many new rules, laws, guidelines will be developed to codify traditions and standards that Trump has defied in ways that were considered unthinkable. I was waiting for him to bite the head off a bat.
We do loves our shock jocks.
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels »

glennds wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:59 am

I think the debate rules are now a point of scrutiny and will probably change. I wonder how many new rules, laws, guidelines will be developed to codify traditions and standards that Trump has defied in ways that were considered unthinkable. I was waiting for him to bite the head off a bat.
We do loves our shock jocks.
The debate and some of the topics seemed ridiculous.
I think President Trump did a great job debating Chris Wallace. :)
Organized chaos
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

A good laugh: https://waitbutwhy.com/2020/09/debate2020.html

A clip:

Wallace: Mercifully, we’ve reached the final segment of my extremely awful night. Election integrity. How confident should we be that this will be a fair election?

Biden: There is no evidence that mail-in ballots are problematic. Trump is trying to convince people not to vote. Listen to me America. Get out there and vote. If I get enough votes, this whole thing is over and the bad man can’t hurt you. It doesn’t matter what he says, if I get enough votes he’s legit not in power anymore, how rad is that.

Wallace: Mr. President?

Trump: A squirrel’s ass, Chris. That’s where someone found a ballot the other day. A squirrel shit out a ballot in a park in Philadelphia and a man picked it up and guess what? It said Trump on the ballot. Big shocker there. This is what happens with mail-in ballots. They end up in a trash can in a river in the woods in the backcountry and then eventually the trash can gets caught up in an eddy, we both know how eddies work Chris, and it washes up on the bank, and then a squirrel gets into it and eats the ballots. Half the country’s ballots have already been found in eddies and in squirrels, and all of them were votes for me. Mail-in ballots are a fraud.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

Cortopassi wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:55 am A good laugh: https://waitbutwhy.com/2020/09/debate2020.html

A clip:

Wallace: Mercifully, we’ve reached the final segment of my extremely awful night. Election integrity. How confident should we be that this will be a fair election?

Biden: There is no evidence that mail-in ballots are problematic. Trump is trying to convince people not to vote. Listen to me America. Get out there and vote. If I get enough votes, this whole thing is over and the bad man can’t hurt you. It doesn’t matter what he says, if I get enough votes he’s legit not in power anymore, how rad is that.

Wallace: Mr. President?

Trump: A squirrel’s ass, Chris. That’s where someone found a ballot the other day. A squirrel shit out a ballot in a park in Philadelphia and a man picked it up and guess what? It said Trump on the ballot. Big shocker there. This is what happens with mail-in ballots. They end up in a trash can in a river in the woods in the backcountry and then eventually the trash can gets caught up in an eddy, we both know how eddies work Chris, and it washes up on the bank, and then a squirrel gets into it and eats the ballots. Half the country’s ballots have already been found in eddies and in squirrels, and all of them were votes for me. Mail-in ballots are a fraud.
Was I hallucinating, or did Trump say that there are mailmen selling ballots? I swear I heard him say during his shotgun tirade about voter fraud.
How much are these mailmen charging for these ballots? And who is buying them?
Or was he just kidding?
I don't think so, he wasn't smiling when he said it.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

I don't know about wearing a wire but someone suggested that he might have been given some of the questions beforehand and I find that believable. Especially since it happened during the last debates. Joe just seemed too ready to go with the first question citing all kinds of facts and figures to make his point.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

pp4me wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:43 pm I don't know about wearing a wire but someone suggested that he might have been given some of the questions beforehand and I find that believable. Especially since it happened during the last debates. Joe just seemed too ready to go with the first question citing all kinds of facts and figures to make his point.
You ever cram for a test in school and have your brain filled with all the formulas and notes expecting a certain problem, it shows up on the test and you spew it all out and kind of go thank God I remembered all that long enough to answer so now I can free up my brain a bit?

I remember that quite often, esp. in math tests. The fact that these older guys can remember any of this is pretty good.

They were all given the major topics. I find it not believable that he was given specific questions ahead of time. The questions were pretty top level generic.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Cortopassi wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:00 pm
pp4me wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:43 pm I don't know about wearing a wire but someone suggested that he might have been given some of the questions beforehand and I find that believable. Especially since it happened during the last debates. Joe just seemed too ready to go with the first question citing all kinds of facts and figures to make his point.
You ever cram for a test in school and have your brain filled with all the formulas and notes expecting a certain problem, it shows up on the test and you spew it all out and kind of go thank God I remembered all that long enough to answer so now I can free up my brain a bit?

I remember that quite often, esp. in math tests. The fact that these older guys can remember any of this is pretty good.

They were all given the major topics. I find it not believable that he was given specific questions ahead of time. The questions were pretty top level generic.
Donna Brazille works for FoxNews now.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Good article. The experts are two Republican strategists and a communications consultant.

Each give their opinions of 7 key portions of the debate by citing specifics by both Trump and Biden and give both a grade for each of the 7 portions.

Vinny

Who won the first presidential debate? Experts grade Trump-Biden mess

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/who-won-t ... iden-mess/
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Cortopassi wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 am Please comment on the white supremacists stand back and stand by comment.

I thought about this question a lot today. Apparently Scott Adams did, too, because on his latest podcast he said Trump has temporarily lost his vote by failing to clearly state that he disavows white supremacists.

I've reached the following conclusion: The reason why Trump didn't clearly state "I disavow white supremacists" when asked to by Biden and the moderator is because it was clearly a loaded question. It was a variant of the infamous "When are you going to stop beating your wife?" What the moderator was clearly implying was that white supremacists are a common and prominent presence at his rallies and counter-protests, and given that, Trump should disavow them. By refusing to clearly disavow "white supremacists" in the requested way, Trump was effectively saying, "I disagree that white supremacists are a prominent presence at my rallies and counter-protests."

When Trump asked the moderator to be more specific, the moderator named the Proud Boys. Was the moderator aware that the Proud Boys include some non-white members, and therefore the idea that they're a white supremacist group is kind of ridiculous? Apparently not.

When someone in a debate asks you, "When are you going to stop beating your wife?", the correct response isn't "immediately." It's "that's a loaded question, try again."

As Kriegs likes to say: Come at me, bros.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.39 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Tortoise wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 am Please comment on the white supremacists stand back and stand by comment.

I thought about this question a lot today. Apparently Scott Adams did, too, because on his latest podcast he said Trump has temporarily lost his vote by failing to clearly state that he disavows white supremacists.

I've reached the following conclusion: The reason why Trump didn't clearly state "I disavow white supremacists" when asked to by Biden and the moderator is because it was clearly a loaded question. It was a variant of the infamous "When are you going to stop beating your wife?" What the moderator was clearly implying was that white supremacists are a common and prominent presence at his rallies and counter-protests, and given that, Trump should disavow them. By refusing to clearly disavow "white supremacists" in the requested way, Trump was effectively saying, "I disagree that white supremacists are a prominent presence at my rallies and counter-protests."

When Trump asked the moderator to be more specific, the moderator named the Proud Boys. Was the moderator aware that the Proud Boys include some non-white members, and therefore the idea that they're a white supremacist group is kind of ridiculous? Apparently not.

When someone in a debate asks you, "When are you going to stop beating your wife?", the correct response isn't "immediately." It's "that's a loaded question, try again."

As Kriegs likes to say: Come at me, bros.
Wasn’t it Biden that named the Proud Boys?

At any rate, this was another missed opportunity for Trump. Someone with better communication skills and style of delivery could have destroyed both Biden and Wallace on several different issues. But it often takes more articulate people explaining things after the fact to communicate Trump’s argument and by then the moment is gone.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

AFAIK the Proud Boys aren't a white supremacist group. They're just the most prominent group that is antagonistic to ANTIFA. Since almost every media outlet backs ANTIFA to the hilt, they naturally paint Proud Boys as an evil, dangerous organization and smear them as much as possible.
Simonjester wrote:
https://patriotdailypress.com/2020/10/0 ... remacists/ these terrible white supremacists groups with black and minority members need to be disavowed immediately... if you aren't against them you are racist..
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

I don't know guys, you are all gyrating trying to find a way to answer the Proud boys thing.

Watch the first 30 seconds of the clip. Clear as day question from Wallace (about white supremacists. No Proud Boys reference at this point). All he had to do was answer "yes," and the rest would not have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80cA0SirAs

Instead he says "I'm willing" and then pivots to saying the violence is coming from the left. And then he gets hammered.

Another tortuous moment he could have short circuited with a single word.

I don't really care, actually if he is racist or not. He is however, a master manipulator and liar, and saying yes to that, even if only partially true, should have come easy to him.
Last edited by Cortopassi on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Cortopassi wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:34 am I don't know guys, you are all gyrating trying to find a way to answer the Proud boys thing.

Watch the first 30 seconds of the clip. Clear as day question from Wallace (about white supremacists. No Proud Boys reference at this point). All he had to do was answer "yes," and the rest would not have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80cA0SirAs

Instead he says "I'm willing" and then pivots to saying the violence is coming from the left. And then he gets hammered.

Another tortuous moment he could have short circuited with a single word.

I don't really care, actually if he is racist or not. He is however, a master manipulator and liar, and saying yes to that, even if only partially true, should have come easy to him.
So saying "Sure, I'm willing to do that" isn't good enough for you? It has to be "Yes" or it doesn't count?
Talk about manipulators...
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

I know it isn't going to work here with some. This is how "I" take that phrase. I suspect most people do.

https://www.phrasemix.com/phrases/someo ... -something

(someone) is willing to (do something)
When you say that you "are willing to ___", it means that you will say "yes" to doing it, but you don't really want to do it, or you're not happy about doing it.

For example, if your lazy grown-up child asks you for money, you can say:

I'm willing to lend you the money, but I expect to be paid back by the end of this year.

Or if someone offers to buy something from you, and the price they offer is lower than you want but OK, you can say this:

Yeah, I guess I'm willing to sell it for that.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

The proud boys have absurd origins. They are the brainchild of provacateur Gavin McGinnis (who I don't find that entertaining). I'm sure their ranks include all sorts of morons as any large group does.

Nevertheless, there is definitely something about Trump and his message that white supremacists find appealing. That is not a debatable 'fact'.
EgNltlCXYAA2RYa.jpg
EgNltlCXYAA2RYa.jpg (362.88 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
Honestly, I think the biggest mistake that the left has made is that they have come across as soft. The left needs to restablish and develop the hard ass Jimmy Hoffa mystique. Somehow the labor segment vote has been coopted by the bankers and people like Trump that have never had a callous on their hands their entire life. The left is having an identity crisis. Bernie Sanders was an inspiring candidate because he was saying the things that a leftist labor party should be saying....and he had fire in his belly.
Simonjester wrote:
doodle wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:30 am Nevertheless, there is definitely something about Trump and his message that white supremacists find appealing. That is not a debatable 'fact'.
Nevertheless, there is definitely something about democrats and their message that white supremacists find appealing. That is not a debatable 'fact'.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/24/wh ... joe-biden/